2013 Mercedes-Benz G-Class

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2002 - 2016 models.

Buy A Legend for 1/2 Price

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"I bought a Mercedes certified G500 2004 for $42k and the new G500s at the dealer-with few differences are selling now for $86K. My 3004 has 24,000 miles. Love the car, it's rare and honest. The finish is excellent. The door lock on driver side went bad-told this has happened to others-but, covered by the warranty. It's a tank and worth the money-it will be a classic for many years. Too many SUVs have gotten trendy and age poorly. This is a timeless design. Keep it in the family as an heirloom."

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

This truck rules

By on Friday, September 02, 2011

Pros: "amazing in every way"

Cons: "cant upgrade the stereo to have ipod interface without going 3rd party"

"What more can i say. I own a few other cars and i never want to drive any of them more than i do this truck. Not to mention how well it tore up the 5 ft of snow we had last winter. best vehicle ever."

Best SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Pros: "Nothing like it, Amazing resale value"

"This is my second G. I bought my first new in 2004 and traded it in two months ago for a new 2015. The last one had just under 100K miles and it was always a rock solid car. This was/is the families work horse!!! It goes through any weather and is the only Mercedes still built like the old S class tanks from the 80's. It is a vault!!! At the same time its the car that the valet will keep in front of the restuarant. This is a special car. There is no other way to put it. Its hand made and its just down right awesome. It may not be the quickest, or the most tech savoy, but there is nothing else there quite like it. It has a charm that no other vehicle can match. Furthermore the resale value is second to none. After 11 years and nearly 100K miles, I recieved more then 50% of the initial purchase price in a trade in. I probably could have gotten another 5K for a private party sale. I plan on keeping this one for another 10 years and I highly recommend this vehicle."

My G-500

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I bought 04 Mercedes G500 in 2006. It has been a great car on the road and off the road for the power. I would say it is more luxuries and security car rather than convenience and comfortableness. First of all, no one can leave the car unless driver unlocks the car so it is kinda annoying. Before when I bought this car, I was dreamed about this car and planned to buy it for a long time. It didn't disappoint me at all but when I take it to the off road I can hear some raddling nose on the back door. I took it to the dealership for repair and I found out it makes that kind of nose often and other customers also noticed it because extra tire on the back is too heavy for the door and when people take it to the off road it just started making a noise. It didn't cost me allot, they just have to strengthen the back lock but it was annoying for me to go back to dealership for this situation once or twice a month because I take the car off road allot and finally I took off the extra tire on the back and it stopped making a noise but then it looks so on the back without extra tire. It is a strong car, lovely car, chick magnet car and I have had several SUVs like Landcruiser, Lexus and Range Rover. It was the best of all but I guess it is because I liked it so much. Also it is not a soft car when you take it on the road and if you drive on the road for long hours like me, you will get tired of driving it after several hours. Specially when you take it to the long off road trip, it is hard and uncomfortable. I believe G500 is the one of the best SUV that Mercedes produce but I don't know why they don't upgrade the suspension system and the back lock problem. I heard this problem is passed on to 2005 - 2008 but I heard 2009 has more soft suspension but I haven't tried it yet, if it is true I would like trade my car for it. For the gas mileage, this car is super. it is not comparable to the V6 or V4 but it is a best for V8 car. It is a powerful, super fast car but gas mileage is low for V8 car. Overall, I loved my G500 and I would like to buy new version if they fixed the suspension and back door lock problems. i would recommend this car to someone who loves to drive tough, fast, powerful SUVs but if you are looking for comfortable, convenience, inexpensive car, pls don't buy."

Better Than Bad

By on Thursday, March 06, 2008

"The vehicle has a lot of history and class, but it's the small things that always get to you...like the window regulators that keep breaking and the squeeks and rattles, also the vehicle is way to rough on anything other than perfect roads or sand, rough dirt or cobble streets will shake you and the truck to pieces, these are all little things that Mercedes could fix or improve if they cared about customer service like they once did. I am sorry but get a Toyota Land Cruiser or VW Toureg V10 TDI instead, you will be much happier!!"

Solid!

By on Friday, August 15, 2008

"I've owned a 2004 G500 for 1.5 years now, purchased CPO from Mercedes, extended warranty. A true SUV, I am impressed with how solid it feels. Aside from niggly issues (battery replacement, window regulator acting up, drivers seat motor, all fixed under warranty) this thing runs and drives great. Not a squeak compared to the Toyota 4Runner I owned prior to this. Rain, snow, no problems, no sliding or skidding (see aformentioned 4Runner). The 5500 lbs. helps in this regard. Plenty of power, gas mileage is as expected for driving a brick down the highway. With proper maintenance I expect this to last a long time. Love the traditional styling. BTW, Mercedes service has been very good to me."

Love my G500

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "This truck is a monster that everyone looks at!"

Cons: "It gets a very robust 9 mpg!"

"I bought my G500 last June. I love it. Maintenance is expensive, and so is the fuel, but if you can afford a G, you shouldn't complain. I will be a loyal G owner only trading up to a silver G55 :)"

Urban Vault

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"I waited a while before dropping the money on this 08 G55. My friends tried talking me out of it, since I had to do a special order. Said I should get the RR instead. Once I drove up they were speechless. Enough said. The day I drove it home, was the most fun I've had in sometime. This thing drives like a dream. Stomp on it and hear the roar of the AMG monster. It's a little rough on streets that are not smooth, but outside of that its been fantastic. I can't wait to take it off-road. It can go anywhere, and you'll feel like a million bucks. People complain about its gas milage, but, I say. That really good single malt scotch isn't quite as satisfying. Life's too short, to stress over the small stuff. Long live the G-Wagon!"

Great G500

By on Monday, March 29, 2010

"This truck is the safest, sturdiest, most luxurious vehicle I've been in (that includes many 4 door trucks, hummers, range rovers etc. Built solid. I owned a 1960's era mercedes sports car and this is made with the same quality...no plastic or fiberglass here! I get the feeling this truck will last 40-50 years if maintained. Only downside is it does ride a little rough...but hey, it's a truck!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz G-Class near Honolulu. See local deals