2012 Mercedes-Benz G-Class

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2002 - 2016 models.

It's a TANK!!

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"If you are looking for a vehicle that will truly go anywhere, and grab attention, this is the one. I drive a 2002 G-500 and even though it is almost 6 years old, it still steals the show - even gets more looks than lots of fancy sports cars. Plus, it holds its value. Gas mileage is not great, but what would expect from something made of steel. If you want great mileage, buy something made of plastic, like most other SUV's. If you want something that feels like a tank, get the G-500!"

I've kept my G longer than any other car

By on Thursday, July 3, 2014

Pros: "Performance, Style, Fun, Unique, great off-road"

Cons: "price, window regulators fail, ac weak in back"

"I have a 2002 G wagon that I am just now finally going to be allowed to be pried away from me in order to get a newer one. The vehicle is among the most fun and satisfying to drive of any I have ever owned (a dozen plus cars so far) and I have kept it longer. Why? - Go anywhere, anytime any weather confidence in a vehicle that is perfectly acceptable for business meetings as well - Feels different from any other car I've driven, more solid and capable, and decent handling and pickup considering that its a massive SUV weighing over $5K pounds - Overall quality and reliability has been excellent, I have 120K miles on it with nothing more than regular dealer maintenance, no major failures - More capable off road with stock rims and tires than my friend's "built" off road vehicles - Distinct from all the other cookie cutter SUV's out there and UNLIKE a new rover, Escladade or GL is actually a hard-core off road vehicle - one trip on rough road in the others will blow out your poncey air suspension (speaking from experience) CONS - Rear AC is mediocre - looks bigger outside than it is inside but still big enough, I'm a size 3xl - Window regulators are a weak spot and often break, not ok in a $100K car - the G's don't get the state of the art electronics that the S and GL class do - this is stupid on the part of Mercedes HOW TO BUY By a used one (ideally a lease return) from the Benz dealer that qualifies for "certified" status then pay for the extra FACTORY (not aftermarket) warranty that adds up to 3 years and UNLiMITED MILES to the originally warranty, this both saves you 30% on the price of a new one and gets you a perfect car with a better than new car warranty. I'm VERY picky about what I buy and Mercedes has beautiful lease return cars that have been driven gently all the time - the smartest option dollar for dollar on any MB car."

Best SUV EVER BUILT

By on Sunday, May 8, 2016

Pros: "BEST TRUCK EVER...no other truck is in it's league"

Cons: "Could be more cup holders"

"I have a 2004 with 124000 miles. It is the best truck Ive ever owned. In the past I owned a range rover and an escalade. The style is timeless and classic, EVERYONE admires the look of this truck. The interior is spacious (high ceiling and huge trunk space). This truck resale vale is the highest you will find. It is a perfect family truck for vacation. It is also the perfect truck to style and be boss in. I purchased an extended warranty since the mileage was getting high, there have been small issues but nothing serious. I will trade this truck in a year but you better believe my next truck will be a Gwagon."

My 5 th G wagon and the best yet!!!!

By on Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pros: "Lane change assist, paddle shifters, engine sounds"

Cons: "I cup holder. Dash storage"

"Just a great solid safe dependable ride"

Bad to the bone

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"Remember its a bit of a rough ride, lots of power with a hand full of fun. luxury off road and eye cacher in the streets. family friendly but most important SAFE."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"Great to drive alittle bit juicy but graat to drive. I will not swap it for another 4x4. The 2006 model is great"

Great Power, Great Uncomfort

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Reason: maintenace

Pros: "Absolute power, great retro look, tank like build"

Cons: "uncomfortable, high maintenance bills"

"I had this car for 6 years before I sold it. I can easily say it tops the list as one of the most powerful SUV's I have driven. It is based on a 30 year old design, but I think they follow the motto that goes: "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". Engine sounds like a beast, and that is exactly how the car drives too. Absolutely stable for such a car of its size, that is also shaped like a brick. Handling is surprisingly good, but the sell off is here. It is built like a tank, and is as uncomfortable as one. The suspension is so stiff, you will feel like you worked out after long drives. This car is very uncomfortable, don't let the Benz badge misguide you other wise. The final painful part that pushed me to sell was the post warranty maintenance. You will see some bills that are relevant to the price of this car. Don't be shocked to get $5000 bills. I had to fix AC, Supercharger, and coils, the bills stacked up and it just made sense to sell the car than keep paying."

My favorite vehicle so far

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great off road"

Cons: "lack of cup holders, needs more back seat room"

"Great to drive, capable on any surface. I have the factory towing package and it pulls like my F350 when loaded below 7,000lbs. Great sound, great heritage rough but refined."

best benz ever made

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive especially in the snow"

Cons: "not great cup holders"

"you get a lot of attention with this vehicle"

Best Ever

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "go any where, pull the boat, look"

Cons: "paint job"

"This is the 3rd G-wagen I have: 1994, 2004, 2009 G55AMG. Total mileage I had on 1994 - 120000 mi, 2004 - 212000 mi and on 2009 now is about 100000 mi. Only minor problems. This is really one of the most reliable and fun to drive truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz G-Class near Honolulu. See local deals