2008 Mercedes-Benz G-Class

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2002 - 2016 models.

Better Than Bad

By on Thursday, March 6, 2008

"The vehicle has a lot of history and class, but it's the small things that always get to you...like the window regulators that keep breaking and the squeeks and rattles, also the vehicle is way to rough on anything other than perfect roads or sand, rough dirt or cobble streets will shake you and the truck to pieces, these are all little things that Mercedes could fix or improve if they cared about customer service like they once did. I am sorry but get a Toyota Land Cruiser or VW Toureg V10 TDI instead, you will be much happier!!"

This truck rules

By on Friday, September 2, 2011

Pros: "amazing in every way"

Cons: "cant upgrade the stereo to have ipod interface without going 3rd party"

"What more can i say. I own a few other cars and i never want to drive any of them more than i do this truck. Not to mention how well it tore up the 5 ft of snow we had last winter. best vehicle ever."

Best SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Pros: "Nothing like it, Amazing resale value"

"This is my second G. I bought my first new in 2004 and traded it in two months ago for a new 2015. The last one had just under 100K miles and it was always a rock solid car. This was/is the families work horse!!! It goes through any weather and is the only Mercedes still built like the old S class tanks from the 80's. It is a vault!!! At the same time its the car that the valet will keep in front of the restuarant. This is a special car. There is no other way to put it. Its hand made and its just down right awesome. It may not be the quickest, or the most tech savoy, but there is nothing else there quite like it. It has a charm that no other vehicle can match. Furthermore the resale value is second to none. After 11 years and nearly 100K miles, I recieved more then 50% of the initial purchase price in a trade in. I probably could have gotten another 5K for a private party sale. I plan on keeping this one for another 10 years and I highly recommend this vehicle."

Solid!

By on Friday, August 15, 2008

"I've owned a 2004 G500 for 1.5 years now, purchased CPO from Mercedes, extended warranty. A true SUV, I am impressed with how solid it feels. Aside from niggly issues (battery replacement, window regulator acting up, drivers seat motor, all fixed under warranty) this thing runs and drives great. Not a squeak compared to the Toyota 4Runner I owned prior to this. Rain, snow, no problems, no sliding or skidding (see aformentioned 4Runner). The 5500 lbs. helps in this regard. Plenty of power, gas mileage is as expected for driving a brick down the highway. With proper maintenance I expect this to last a long time. Love the traditional styling. BTW, Mercedes service has been very good to me."

Love my G500

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "This truck is a monster that everyone looks at!"

Cons: "It gets a very robust 9 mpg!"

"I bought my G500 last June. I love it. Maintenance is expensive, and so is the fuel, but if you can afford a G, you shouldn't complain. I will be a loyal G owner only trading up to a silver G55 :)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz G-Class near Honolulu. See local deals