2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $44,650 - $47,803.

Invoice N/A

Based on 138 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Sport and Luxury Combined

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive, comfortable, great sound, navi, etc."

Cons: "Expensive"

"As an overall normal sedan, I cannot imagine what one would do to make this vehicle better."

MB has really stepped up!

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, tech savvy, VERY comfortable!"

Cons: "Pricey w/o a rebate, but you get what you pay for"

"I already owned a 2002 C CLass and was looking to make the move up in size. Evaluated BMW, Lexus, etc and finally decided on the E Class as the USAA rebate of $4000 was too good to pass up. MB has really come into the 21st century in a big way! This car has a great layout and styling, and the electronics and convenience features are all extremely well integrated, easy to use, and very useful. I just returned from a 1500 mile cross-country trip in this car and it was truly a pleasure to drive. I love the panorama roof and the HID headlights, and an especially nice touch is the LED cabin lighting. The front end has a nice aggressive style to it and the car handles extremely well in all driving conditions. I had my heart set on the BlueTec but when I found out the new gas engine gets only 2 mpg less than the diesel, I went with the more responsive engine. Maintenance costs are much less with gas as well."

Stay away from trouble!

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Beautifull car. Nice engine."

Cons: "Poor reliability and service."

"I bought this car (E5504MATIC) thinking I will not have to worry about a car for a while. At 18000 miles I had to change the first set of rotors-brake paddles. And AGAIN at 28000. Now, at 29000 the steering wheel vibrates at high speeds. I got on this site to see the trade-in value..."

Excellent car, if you want the Mercedes ride

By on Saturday, October 08, 2011

Pros: "Perfect design, fit, finish and ride"

Cons: "Almost too refined for the "driver""

"Best car I've ever owned or driven, and I've owned BMW, Audi, Honda and VW. The 2011 MB E350 is solid, smooth, stable, super quiet, comfortable, reliable, and well engineered. The materials are incredible, the fit and finish is second to none and the overall dynamics of the car are unmatched. Of all cars on the market today, you'll be hard pressed to find a better all-rounder. I have the E350 with sport. My only negative comment is that the car is so refined, that the input to the driver just isn't there like it is on a 535 or A6. If you are a "driver" and enjoy driving a car in a sporty manner, be sure to test drive the competitors too. The MB is so quiet and refined, you kinda miss that seat of your pants feedback drivers cherish. Otherwise, the MB is pretty well perfect."

Magnificent Beauty

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Design, Technology, Comfort, Quality"

Cons: "Shoulda got the Premium 2 Package"

"I was the first owner of the E350 Coupe in Flodida. I now have 42K on this car and I still love it. It still turns heads everywhere. Its design theme is so well thought out. I think they designed the coupe first and then they unfortunately tried to make it work in the sedan. The technology is wonderful and reliable. I'm sure there is a BMW somewhere that handles a little better; but, not as comfortable, beautiful or reliable. I don't think I will ever own another car without a panoramic roof. I will keep this car till the complete redesign comes out in 2016 and I will buy another if it is as well executed."

MB quality is terrible, stay away

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, nice drive at high speeds 80mph+"

Cons: "clunky transmission shaky suspension uncomfortable"

"My "new" car has been in service 3 times and going in for a fourth. The transmission shifts abruptly, and there is an annoying shake. First time they changed rear tires and fixed loose parts on interior, second time they changed front tires and reprogrammed transmission, third time reprogrammed again and said no shake (even though it's still there). Dealer is terrible and dishonest, they are only interested in closing sales, that's it... MB Corporate says to keep bringing it in to Service "that's what the warranty is for". They refuse to take the car back because I have not had extensive warranty repairs. Paid extra for leather "premium" seats that are very uncomfortable, hard to believe a $60k car doesn't come standard with leather. The seat back pivots at a strange point, so the seat back digs into your back as you recline it; anything other than a 90 degree angle shoves the seat into your back. Very disappointing. The car looks good, but just terrible for what it should be. Reconsider your decision to avoid wasted time and aggravation."

Truly the most solid, comfortable and stylish car.

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"I've owned this car for over three years and have to say it is by far the nicest vehicle I've owned. I've had no maintenance issues and continue to enjoy driving it every time I get behind the wheel."

A luxury rocket.

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Amazing performance and acceleration. Great looks"

Cons: "Slightly rough ride. Jerky trans in sport mode"

"My 2nd E-Class AMG. My 2004 rode better but did not handle or preform anything like the 2012. I plan on changing tires to Michelins from the stock Pirelli's. Great electronics and looks. The exhaust is a little loud for my taste and the gear box can be a little jerky in modes other than Comfort. Where it really shines is straight line 0-1xx"

Best Convertible ever by far!

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pros: "Once you get use to the Navigation system this car is everything!"

Cons: "The Stereo in the CLS had better acoustics."

"If you are looking for a family car that gets 40 mls/gln, has trunk space for four suitcases, and room for three kids look somewhere else. This is not your car! If you are technologically challenged this is not your car! If you are looking for fun in the sun, quality, power, response, sport ride when you need and comfortable ride when you want, this is your car!!! This car not only turns heads on the road by its styling, smoothness, and quietness, at low RPMs, it can also be heard coming around the corner if you decide to punch it, the tires spin and the muffler roars!! Traded a CLS 550 for it and do not regret it at all, two different cars in styling but one common powerful engine. Love it!!"

Fantastic driving car...It's a joy to drive!!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"The car has been perfect since day one in December 2009 when I got it. With the 7 speed auto transmission and the V6 I can get 30 MPG on the highway, if I keep it under 75...It's a really great car."

My First MB and Loving It!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Smooth Handling and Very Luxurious !"

Cons: "Not as Powerful as BMW, but Good!"

"I was a bit leary about moving from my reliable Lexus GS to my first Mercedes. My wife and I both looked at BMW 5-series, before we settled on the E350. If you're looking for luxury and comfort ride, this car is it! This car is luxurious (IMO) both inside and out. And, since this car is still under the factory, as well as additional CPO warranty, I am confident that we can put some miles on this beauty before it'll need its first oil change (after about 10,000 miles!) My only pet peeve, here, is that I wish the COMAND system would be a bit more robust like the BMW's iDrive. But, overall, we are very happy with this purchase and my wife loves the special contour driver seat with massaging feature!"

Love this car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Great Value"

"One of the best, most reliable cars I have ever owned."

Great car, great improvement

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Power, Styling, Interior Gadgets"

Cons: "Traction Control"

"I had an 2008 E350 and decided to upgrade at lease end to the 2011 E550. Mercedes hit the mark and the V8 engine is entirely too much fun for a guy who likes to push the envelope on speed and acceleration. The interior space is well thought through, plenty of storage space and everything just connects seamlessly. I think this car is really perfect for me and my needs. I have only two issues. 1. I have a 400 h.p. V8 engine and whenever I need to rapidly accelerate from a stopped position my tires slip up something terribly and I start slower than if I still owned a E350. My suggestion, regardless of where you live (I live in sunny Southern Texas), get the 4 matic. The traction is just terrible. 2) The second issue pertains to a manufacturing defect that the dealership can't seem to address correctly. The dash piece at the foot of the inside windshield has a "loose clip" and vibrates to the point it drives me nuts. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it, only to leave me with a new vibration in the same part, just closer to the center. I will take it in again, but I have to give the car up for a day and it is really inconvenient. The traction and defect aside, without hesitation I recommend this car and believe Mercedes got the E550 right."

Beautiful exterior design, quick and sure footed

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "looks, highway driving, pep of v-6"

Cons: "column drive, park, reverse, nav system"

"My wife drives this car on a daily basis and she loves the ride, she does not like the harsher ride of the BMW. I am the highway driver and really like the smooth performance and zip. The interior is nice and clean, but am not a fan of the nav, radio, cd system, too complicated."

The quality is not there

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Engine is powerful and quiet. Beautiful interior."

Cons: "Steering is not communicative and the car drifts."

"I bought the car with 200 miles from the dealer. Within 3 months of purchase, a number of warranty items came up: 1) Front brakes & rotors were seriously warped, 2) Soft top would not retract properly, 3) The soft top housing cover would not sit flush when closed, 4) Driver side door not aligned properly, 5) Driver side window squeaking when hitting bumps, 6) NAV and software crashed. For the $65K price I paid for the car, this was disappointing at best. This will be my last MBZ vehicle."

Excellent Luxury; Very Good Performance

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Excellent comfort; 4matic all weather capability;"

Cons: "No power folding side mirrors;"

"I got an E350 4Matic as a replacement for a 2008 C350 Sport. The E class, of course, is much roomier, but it I think, overall, a much better riding car. It isn't as sporty, but I didn't buy it to race. It's like a fine limo in it's appointments. But if you feel the need for a little sportiness, use the paddle shifters and shift it at the redline, and you'll hear a great Mercedes V6 under the hood. This is an awesome road car, getting over 30 mpg on long trips if babied a little, and getting high 20's when running 75. The one thing I hate is the lack of power folding mirrors...or folding at all, for that matter. For the price, that should be standard."

WOW, Get one you'll love it!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great appearance, head turner"

Cons: "took me 3 dealerships to get the price I wanted"

"I'm not sure if I have much of a leg to stand on in the luxury car world but I'm going to wright a review anyways. I came from a 2007 Honda Civic SI to a 2010 ECLASS. I was a firm Honda guy for a while,,, almost over 10 years. That being said I wasted all that time driving junk! The Mercedes Benz ECLASS is a serious piece of art, smooth ride, sturdy indestructible feel and just unbeatable in appearance. I'm in my early 30's and the lady's defiantly turn there head when they see me in this thing. A person told me that once you go to Mercedes you'll never want to drive anything else...well they were right. If you want a good deal on a certified pre-owned model try buying after xmas. I got a killer deal and have never looked back.I hope this is one of many Mercedes that I will own."

So glad I bought it

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Solid. Great gas mileage/power, 10 GB music regis"

Cons: "Oil change $200-300 every 10k miles."

"I purchased this car last September with 18,000 miles. I love the car. I traded in a Honda Accord and the Mercedes is a much nicer car. It has great acceleration when needed, but still gets excellent gas mileage. It is not as fun to drive as my wife C350, but road trips are a pleasure. Make sure you have a warranty as any repairs will cost you both arms and both legs, but some things are just worth it."

I love this car!!!!

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great ride and handling. Luxurious. Classy."

Cons: "The upgrades make the car a little pricey."

"I've been driving this car for only a week and I'm completely in love with it. I've owned BWM and Lexus before but nothing compares to the feel of this car. The ride is as smooth as the Lexus with the known handling of German cars. The interior feels classy and elegant and it's very spacious. My car is pretty loaded and the features are incredible. I will probably stay in the Mercedes family from now on."

Wow, this car is incredible!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"Purchased this car for my wife January of this year and she loves it. We had a 1991 300 D with nearly 500k miles over 14 years. We've waited since 2005 to buy another MBZ diesel because we felt Mercedes never made a quality diesel since the 300 D until this 250 BT. 4 Matic with snow tires makes this car stick to the road in the winter. This car does not put a sneaker down wrong on the road. Very comfortable. Controls take a bit to master but it is fairly logical. The only complaint my wife has is the navigation...no car is perfect. Mileage is incredible (she averages over 40 mpg). Solid and quiet. Torque available at low RPM. Car gets off the line quickly (for a diesel) and has nice power for passing. Really gives a driver a lot of confidence and security on the road. We plan to own this one for $500k+ miles if possible."

2011 E350 Cabriolet.

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "Keyless go, air scarf, style, led lights"

Cons: "Gas mileage, delays in transmission"

"This car is fantastic. I have owned it for almost two years with no problems at all. It is black on black and is a head turner. Others comment on this car frequently. Love th e looks of the sport package and wood upgrade. I wish the car would allow you to stay in sport mode permanently instead of resetting to economy mode. The gas mileage is not great and is about the same as my V8 Jaguar did. A bit disappointed in that."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "Love the backup camera"

Cons: "Should have gotten park assist for front"

Happy Birthday to ME!

"I owned 2008 CLK convertible that was totaled last year. Was leary of getting another convertible, and got an R Class, but was drawn back to the new E 350 convertible. What an upgrade from the CLK....the controls, the ride and I love the air deflector above the windshield. Even on 100 degree days, crank up the A/C and deflect the wind, and it's very comfortable....especially with cooled seats. Black on black with a black top is super sharp. Also love the Sirus Weather Radar....clouds ahead?? Check if it's rain."

Happy Birthday to ME!

Mercedes Benz E Class

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

"Upgraded from the C class to the Mercedes Benz E Class. The E class is a great car the ride is fast and quiet. With more room now my little boy age 9 is always sleeping in the back seat the new interior is luxury and soft. (Set back!) The GPS satellite combination system can help you find your way or set you up to be tracked by the highway patrol system with the new technology now your car is a target, drive safely. After driving the E Class you will find it hard to drive other models. Great work Mercedes Benz ! Mike"

Fits me perfect.

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Not many coupes on the road so very unique"

This is the car my son picked out of all the ones we tested :)

"Just leased a 2012 E350 4-Matic Coupe. Wow do I love it! Was looking for a two door that could fit a family of four on occasion. Nothing but this car came close to meeting my needs. Not many on the road so it is unique. The interior blows away the 4 door E-Class. The rear seat dimensions are about the same as the 4 door. when the windows are down with no pillar the car is beautiful and has a look unlike anything on the road in this price range.It is a way better vehicle than the C-class I had before. Rides much smoother but I loved my 2010 C-Class too. As they say, Nothing compares to a Mercedez-Benz. The safety and technology is amazing. The 305 HP is plenty enough power too."

This is the car my son picked out of all the ones we tested :)

Outstanding Quality; cool features

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive...great looking car"

Cons: "Voice Control - re-worked to be more natural"

"This car makes me laugh over and over again. With the distronic radar; lane change warnings etc it is a pleasure to drive. I tell my friends the if you kill your self driving this car you were doing something incredibly stupid. It could use a little more rear seat room (MB could shrink the trunk)...the trunk is so large you could fit a horse in it... Also, I can always fing my nearest Dunkin Donuts with assistance from the M-brace feature and Nav system..."