• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $44,331 - $47,528.

Invoice N/A

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Sport and Luxury Combined

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive, comfortable, great sound, navi, etc."

Cons: "Expensive"

"As an overall normal sedan, I cannot imagine what one would do to make this vehicle better."

MB has really stepped up!

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, tech savvy, VERY comfortable!"

Cons: "Pricey w/o a rebate, but you get what you pay for"

"I already owned a 2002 C CLass and was looking to make the move up in size. Evaluated BMW, Lexus, etc and finally decided on the E Class as the USAA rebate of $4000 was too good to pass up. MB has really come into the 21st century in a big way! This car has a great layout and styling, and the electronics and convenience features are all extremely well integrated, easy to use, and very useful. I just returned from a 1500 mile cross-country trip in this car and it was truly a pleasure to drive. I love the panorama roof and the HID headlights, and an especially nice touch is the LED cabin lighting. The front end has a nice aggressive style to it and the car handles extremely well in all driving conditions. I had my heart set on the BlueTec but when I found out the new gas engine gets only 2 mpg less than the diesel, I went with the more responsive engine. Maintenance costs are much less with gas as well."

Stay away from trouble!

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Beautifull car. Nice engine."

Cons: "Poor reliability and service."

"I bought this car (E5504MATIC) thinking I will not have to worry about a car for a while. At 18000 miles I had to change the first set of rotors-brake paddles. And AGAIN at 28000. Now, at 29000 the steering wheel vibrates at high speeds. I got on this site to see the trade-in value..."

So glad I bought it

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Solid. Great gas mileage/power, 10 GB music regis"

Cons: "Oil change $200-300 every 10k miles."

"I purchased this car last September with 18,000 miles. I love the car. I traded in a Honda Accord and the Mercedes is a much nicer car. It has great acceleration when needed, but still gets excellent gas mileage. It is not as fun to drive as my wife C350, but road trips are a pleasure. Make sure you have a warranty as any repairs will cost you both arms and both legs, but some things are just worth it."

My First MB and Loving It!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Smooth Handling and Very Luxurious !"

Cons: "Not as Powerful as BMW, but Good!"

"I was a bit leary about moving from my reliable Lexus GS to my first Mercedes. My wife and I both looked at BMW 5-series, before we settled on the E350. If you're looking for luxury and comfort ride, this car is it! This car is luxurious (IMO) both inside and out. And, since this car is still under the factory, as well as additional CPO warranty, I am confident that we can put some miles on this beauty before it'll need its first oil change (after about 10,000 miles!) My only pet peeve, here, is that I wish the COMAND system would be a bit more robust like the BMW's iDrive. But, overall, we are very happy with this purchase and my wife loves the special contour driver seat with massaging feature!"

Magnificent Beauty

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Design, Technology, Comfort, Quality"

Cons: "Shoulda got the Premium 2 Package"

"I was the first owner of the E350 Coupe in Flodida. I now have 42K on this car and I still love it. It still turns heads everywhere. Its design theme is so well thought out. I think they designed the coupe first and then they unfortunately tried to make it work in the sedan. The technology is wonderful and reliable. I'm sure there is a BMW somewhere that handles a little better; but, not as comfortable, beautiful or reliable. I don't think I will ever own another car without a panoramic roof. I will keep this car till the complete redesign comes out in 2016 and I will buy another if it is as well executed."

Excellent car, if you want the Mercedes ride

By on Saturday, October 08, 2011

Pros: "Perfect design, fit, finish and ride"

Cons: "Almost too refined for the "driver""

"Best car I've ever owned or driven, and I've owned BMW, Audi, Honda and VW. The 2011 MB E350 is solid, smooth, stable, super quiet, comfortable, reliable, and well engineered. The materials are incredible, the fit and finish is second to none and the overall dynamics of the car are unmatched. Of all cars on the market today, you'll be hard pressed to find a better all-rounder. I have the E350 with sport. My only negative comment is that the car is so refined, that the input to the driver just isn't there like it is on a 535 or A6. If you are a "driver" and enjoy driving a car in a sporty manner, be sure to test drive the competitors too. The MB is so quiet and refined, you kinda miss that seat of your pants feedback drivers cherish. Otherwise, the MB is pretty well perfect."

MB quality is terrible, stay away

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, nice drive at high speeds 80mph+"

Cons: "clunky transmission shaky suspension uncomfortable"

"My "new" car has been in service 3 times and going in for a fourth. The transmission shifts abruptly, and there is an annoying shake. First time they changed rear tires and fixed loose parts on interior, second time they changed front tires and reprogrammed transmission, third time reprogrammed again and said no shake (even though it's still there). Dealer is terrible and dishonest, they are only interested in closing sales, that's it... MB Corporate says to keep bringing it in to Service "that's what the warranty is for". They refuse to take the car back because I have not had extensive warranty repairs. Paid extra for leather "premium" seats that are very uncomfortable, hard to believe a $60k car doesn't come standard with leather. The seat back pivots at a strange point, so the seat back digs into your back as you recline it; anything other than a 90 degree angle shoves the seat into your back. Very disappointing. The car looks good, but just terrible for what it should be. Reconsider your decision to avoid wasted time and aggravation."

Truly the most solid, comfortable and stylish car.

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"I've owned this car for over three years and have to say it is by far the nicest vehicle I've owned. I've had no maintenance issues and continue to enjoy driving it every time I get behind the wheel."

A luxury rocket.

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Amazing performance and acceleration. Great looks"

Cons: "Slightly rough ride. Jerky trans in sport mode"

"My 2nd E-Class AMG. My 2004 rode better but did not handle or preform anything like the 2012. I plan on changing tires to Michelins from the stock Pirelli's. Great electronics and looks. The exhaust is a little loud for my taste and the gear box can be a little jerky in modes other than Comfort. Where it really shines is straight line 0-1xx"