2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

My First MB and Loving It!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Smooth Handling and Very Luxurious !"

Cons: "Not as Powerful as BMW, but Good!"

"I was a bit leary about moving from my reliable Lexus GS to my first Mercedes. My wife and I both looked at BMW 5-series, before we settled on the E350. If you're looking for luxury and comfort ride, this car is it! This car is luxurious (IMO) both inside and out. And, since this car is still under the factory, as well as additional CPO warranty, I am confident that we can put some miles on this beauty before it'll need its first oil change (after about 10,000 miles!) My only pet peeve, here, is that I wish the COMAND system would be a bit more robust like the BMW's iDrive. But, overall, we are very happy with this purchase and my wife loves the special contour driver seat with massaging feature!"

Fantastic driving car...It's a joy to drive!!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"The car has been perfect since day one in December 2009 when I got it. With the 7 speed auto transmission and the V6 I can get 30 MPG on the highway, if I keep it under 75...It's a really great car."

Great car, great improvement

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Power, Styling, Interior Gadgets"

Cons: "Traction Control"

"I had an 2008 E350 and decided to upgrade at lease end to the 2011 E550. Mercedes hit the mark and the V8 engine is entirely too much fun for a guy who likes to push the envelope on speed and acceleration. The interior space is well thought through, plenty of storage space and everything just connects seamlessly. I think this car is really perfect for me and my needs. I have only two issues. 1. I have a 400 h.p. V8 engine and whenever I need to rapidly accelerate from a stopped position my tires slip up something terribly and I start slower than if I still owned a E350. My suggestion, regardless of where you live (I live in sunny Southern Texas), get the 4 matic. The traction is just terrible. 2) The second issue pertains to a manufacturing defect that the dealership can't seem to address correctly. The dash piece at the foot of the inside windshield has a "loose clip" and vibrates to the point it drives me nuts. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it, only to leave me with a new vibration in the same part, just closer to the center. I will take it in again, but I have to give the car up for a day and it is really inconvenient. The traction and defect aside, without hesitation I recommend this car and believe Mercedes got the E550 right."

Magnificent Beauty

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Design, Technology, Comfort, Quality"

Cons: "Shoulda got the Premium 2 Package"

"I was the first owner of the E350 Coupe in Flodida. I now have 42K on this car and I still love it. It still turns heads everywhere. Its design theme is so well thought out. I think they designed the coupe first and then they unfortunately tried to make it work in the sedan. The technology is wonderful and reliable. I'm sure there is a BMW somewhere that handles a little better; but, not as comfortable, beautiful or reliable. I don't think I will ever own another car without a panoramic roof. I will keep this car till the complete redesign comes out in 2016 and I will buy another if it is as well executed."

Stay away from trouble!

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Beautifull car. Nice engine."

Cons: "Poor reliability and service."

"I bought this car (E5504MATIC) thinking I will not have to worry about a car for a while. At 18000 miles I had to change the first set of rotors-brake paddles. And AGAIN at 28000. Now, at 29000 the steering wheel vibrates at high speeds. I got on this site to see the trade-in value..."