2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 156 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

MB has really stepped up!

By on Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, tech savvy, VERY comfortable!"

Cons: "Pricey w/o a rebate, but you get what you pay for"

"I already owned a 2002 C CLass and was looking to make the move up in size. Evaluated BMW, Lexus, etc and finally decided on the E Class as the USAA rebate of $4000 was too good to pass up. MB has really come into the 21st century in a big way! This car has a great layout and styling, and the electronics and convenience features are all extremely well integrated, easy to use, and very useful. I just returned from a 1500 mile cross-country trip in this car and it was truly a pleasure to drive. I love the panorama roof and the HID headlights, and an especially nice touch is the LED cabin lighting. The front end has a nice aggressive style to it and the car handles extremely well in all driving conditions. I had my heart set on the BlueTec but when I found out the new gas engine gets only 2 mpg less than the diesel, I went with the more responsive engine. Maintenance costs are much less with gas as well."

My First MB and Loving It!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Smooth Handling and Very Luxurious !"

Cons: "Not as Powerful as BMW, but Good!"

"I was a bit leary about moving from my reliable Lexus GS to my first Mercedes. My wife and I both looked at BMW 5-series, before we settled on the E350. If you're looking for luxury and comfort ride, this car is it! This car is luxurious (IMO) both inside and out. And, since this car is still under the factory, as well as additional CPO warranty, I am confident that we can put some miles on this beauty before it'll need its first oil change (after about 10,000 miles!) My only pet peeve, here, is that I wish the COMAND system would be a bit more robust like the BMW's iDrive. But, overall, we are very happy with this purchase and my wife loves the special contour driver seat with massaging feature!"

Excellent car, if you want the Mercedes ride

By on Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pros: "Perfect design, fit, finish and ride"

Cons: "Almost too refined for the "driver""

"Best car I've ever owned or driven, and I've owned BMW, Audi, Honda and VW. The 2011 MB E350 is solid, smooth, stable, super quiet, comfortable, reliable, and well engineered. The materials are incredible, the fit and finish is second to none and the overall dynamics of the car are unmatched. Of all cars on the market today, you'll be hard pressed to find a better all-rounder. I have the E350 with sport. My only negative comment is that the car is so refined, that the input to the driver just isn't there like it is on a 535 or A6. If you are a "driver" and enjoy driving a car in a sporty manner, be sure to test drive the competitors too. The MB is so quiet and refined, you kinda miss that seat of your pants feedback drivers cherish. Otherwise, the MB is pretty well perfect."

Fantastic driving car...It's a joy to drive!!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"The car has been perfect since day one in December 2009 when I got it. With the 7 speed auto transmission and the V6 I can get 30 MPG on the highway, if I keep it under 75...It's a really great car."

Great car, great improvement

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Power, Styling, Interior Gadgets"

Cons: "Traction Control"

"I had an 2008 E350 and decided to upgrade at lease end to the 2011 E550. Mercedes hit the mark and the V8 engine is entirely too much fun for a guy who likes to push the envelope on speed and acceleration. The interior space is well thought through, plenty of storage space and everything just connects seamlessly. I think this car is really perfect for me and my needs. I have only two issues. 1. I have a 400 h.p. V8 engine and whenever I need to rapidly accelerate from a stopped position my tires slip up something terribly and I start slower than if I still owned a E350. My suggestion, regardless of where you live (I live in sunny Southern Texas), get the 4 matic. The traction is just terrible. 2) The second issue pertains to a manufacturing defect that the dealership can't seem to address correctly. The dash piece at the foot of the inside windshield has a "loose clip" and vibrates to the point it drives me nuts. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it, only to leave me with a new vibration in the same part, just closer to the center. I will take it in again, but I have to give the car up for a day and it is really inconvenient. The traction and defect aside, without hesitation I recommend this car and believe Mercedes got the E550 right."