2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

4th Benz, 2nd wagon, Best Yet

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Safety, performance, COMAND system, versatile"

Cons: "All that glass needs tinting / time to cool inside"

"Ordered this special and it took 6 mos. to get. It was worth the wait. Cannot believe the handling considering the size of this car. I'm a DIY guy, and the trips to Home Depot are easy when the entire rear area (incl. back seats) are folded flat. MB made the task of expanding the immense cargo area even easier than before. The looks of this car are elegant yet understated - as a friend of mine said, "E-Class Wagon - that's a statement car!" It means you can afford a lot of other cars and toys out there, but you're smart enough to get luxury, utility and performance in one package. And the kids love the rear-facing jump-seat. They beg to sit back there. I have yet to find a flaw. Single complaint is I would love the hatch to close via the key button that opens it, like it does on the ML."

best vehicle ever!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "best vehicle ever!"

Cons: "Map directions are way off."

"best vehicle ever!"

Wish I'd Spent More Time Researching

By on Monday, November 23, 2015

Pros: "Tight steering. Creature comforts."

Cons: "Xenon lights. ROAD NOISE!"

"Polycarbonate headlight covers will discolor/fog directly in front of Xenon low beams. No fix possible except $4K for new lights. Known issue with Mercedes, although apparently rare in the wild. I just noticed one in a parking lot with an identical issue. But the real issue with the car is the road noise - e350 4Matic wagon. It seems to come from behind the driver's seat and either through inadequately insulated passenger doors or rear cargo area. Terrible in comparison to our 17 year old BMW e38. We like the 2011 Benz over new models as in-dash display becomes a giant ugly obstruction in newer models. Tight steering. Comfortable, even if noisy. Already realizing add'l roadworthiness from 4matic. Great brakes and decent handling for a wagon."

Luxury Version Gives Smooth Ride, Comfort

By on Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Pros: "Ride quality, mileage far above EPA estimate"

Cons: "Options are pricey and bundled."

"Lots of cars in this class, lots of choices. You'll like this car, especially the Luxury version if: (1) you want a gentle, comfortable and quiet ride, but still with European feel and control; (2) you want an interior that adds ambience and a high end feel without gimmicks or aggressive styling; (3) you're "of a certain age" and have had enough of the aggressive, loud and hard riding sedans designed for high speed track use, but are far less useful in daily driving You can add features to the basic E350 package, but for me the base car is perfect. You don't get XM/Sirius radio or Navigation, but Bluetooth is standard and pairs easily with my SmartPhone, giving me both features at no added cost. The standard radio is also HD - a nice touch. Basics also include real tires with spare (unlike some competitors), fully adjustable seats with 3 memory settings, power sunroof with tilt feature, LED headlights - (low beam only) and LED taillights, economy/sport mode shifting with paddle shifters on the steering column. Mileage is exceptional - near mid 30s on highway on 65 MPH cruise control; still over 30 up to 70+. I bought a 2015 CPO car from an authorized MB dealer for a very attractive price - maybe the base model car wasn't in high demand, but regardless of the reason for the low price I prefer the base car for many reasons - easy on the wallet, less to go wrong when the warranty expires, has all the things I need. I considered the Audi A6 - another very nice car, with a very attractive interior. I preferred the MB V6 instead of the standard 4 cylinder in the Audi and felt that the MB 7 speed transmission was far smoother than the Audi. Compared to the BMW 5 the MB has a far better ride - the BMW comes with run flat tires - very rough ride on all surfaces (I've owned 5 BMWs, wish they didn't change the tires). The MB also has a more attractive interior, and is noticeably more comfortable on the road. I tried the Jaguar XF - didn't like the very high sill height - felt very claustrophobic in the car, and for shorter drivers the A pillar is too close to your head for my taste. The Lexus E class is "OK", but I don't like the feel of the front wheel drive and found the car somewhat boring to drive. It's a very well made car, but it just didn't work for me. I'm sure you'll have other opinions from mine, but I'd urge you to at least take a look at the MB for yourself before deciding on another car in this category. Like me you may be surprised and find that "This is the one"."

Best car I have owned.

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Magnificent driving vehicle. Lots of room."

Cons: "Pricey."

"This is my third MB wagon. It is all I ever want. Am getting new AMG wagon (2015)."