2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Great car, great improvement

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Power, Styling, Interior Gadgets"

Cons: "Traction Control"

"I had an 2008 E350 and decided to upgrade at lease end to the 2011 E550. Mercedes hit the mark and the V8 engine is entirely too much fun for a guy who likes to push the envelope on speed and acceleration. The interior space is well thought through, plenty of storage space and everything just connects seamlessly. I think this car is really perfect for me and my needs. I have only two issues. 1. I have a 400 h.p. V8 engine and whenever I need to rapidly accelerate from a stopped position my tires slip up something terribly and I start slower than if I still owned a E350. My suggestion, regardless of where you live (I live in sunny Southern Texas), get the 4 matic. The traction is just terrible. 2) The second issue pertains to a manufacturing defect that the dealership can't seem to address correctly. The dash piece at the foot of the inside windshield has a "loose clip" and vibrates to the point it drives me nuts. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it, only to leave me with a new vibration in the same part, just closer to the center. I will take it in again, but I have to give the car up for a day and it is really inconvenient. The traction and defect aside, without hesitation I recommend this car and believe Mercedes got the E550 right."

Stay away from trouble!

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Beautifull car. Nice engine."

Cons: "Poor reliability and service."

"I bought this car (E5504MATIC) thinking I will not have to worry about a car for a while. At 18000 miles I had to change the first set of rotors-brake paddles. And AGAIN at 28000. Now, at 29000 the steering wheel vibrates at high speeds. I got on this site to see the trade-in value..."

Magnificent Beauty

By on Friday, November 2, 2012

Pros: "Design, Technology, Comfort, Quality"

Cons: "Shoulda got the Premium 2 Package"

"I was the first owner of the E350 Coupe in Flodida. I now have 42K on this car and I still love it. It still turns heads everywhere. Its design theme is so well thought out. I think they designed the coupe first and then they unfortunately tried to make it work in the sedan. The technology is wonderful and reliable. I'm sure there is a BMW somewhere that handles a little better; but, not as comfortable, beautiful or reliable. I don't think I will ever own another car without a panoramic roof. I will keep this car till the complete redesign comes out in 2016 and I will buy another if it is as well executed."

The quality is not there

By on Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pros: "Engine is powerful and quiet. Beautiful interior."

Cons: "Steering is not communicative and the car drifts."

"I bought the car with 200 miles from the dealer. Within 3 months of purchase, a number of warranty items came up: 1) Front brakes & rotors were seriously warped, 2) Soft top would not retract properly, 3) The soft top housing cover would not sit flush when closed, 4) Driver side door not aligned properly, 5) Driver side window squeaking when hitting bumps, 6) NAV and software crashed. For the $65K price I paid for the car, this was disappointing at best. This will be my last MBZ vehicle."

WOW, Get one you'll love it!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great appearance, head turner"

Cons: "took me 3 dealerships to get the price I wanted"

"I'm not sure if I have much of a leg to stand on in the luxury car world but I'm going to wright a review anyways. I came from a 2007 Honda Civic SI to a 2010 ECLASS. I was a firm Honda guy for a while,,, almost over 10 years. That being said I wasted all that time driving junk! The Mercedes Benz ECLASS is a serious piece of art, smooth ride, sturdy indestructible feel and just unbeatable in appearance. I'm in my early 30's and the lady's defiantly turn there head when they see me in this thing. A person told me that once you go to Mercedes you'll never want to drive anything else...well they were right. If you want a good deal on a certified pre-owned model try buying after xmas. I got a killer deal and have never looked back.I hope this is one of many Mercedes that I will own."