• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

WOW, Get one you'll love it!

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great appearance, head turner"

Cons: "took me 3 dealerships to get the price I wanted"

"I'm not sure if I have much of a leg to stand on in the luxury car world but I'm going to wright a review anyways. I came from a 2007 Honda Civic SI to a 2010 ECLASS. I was a firm Honda guy for a while,,, almost over 10 years. That being said I wasted all that time driving junk! The Mercedes Benz ECLASS is a serious piece of art, smooth ride, sturdy indestructible feel and just unbeatable in appearance. I'm in my early 30's and the lady's defiantly turn there head when they see me in this thing. A person told me that once you go to Mercedes you'll never want to drive anything else...well they were right. If you want a good deal on a certified pre-owned model try buying after xmas. I got a killer deal and have never looked back.I hope this is one of many Mercedes that I will own."

The best of eveything

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "See below"

Cons: "A bit pricey at 90k, but worth every cent"

"From a former BMW owner, previously lover of a Porsche 996 Turbo and a variety of other vehicles, none has packaged performance, comfort, handling and looks in one package like the E63."

My First MB and Loving It!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Smooth Handling and Very Luxurious !"

Cons: "Not as Powerful as BMW, but Good!"

"I was a bit leary about moving from my reliable Lexus GS to my first Mercedes. My wife and I both looked at BMW 5-series, before we settled on the E350. If you're looking for luxury and comfort ride, this car is it! This car is luxurious (IMO) both inside and out. And, since this car is still under the factory, as well as additional CPO warranty, I am confident that we can put some miles on this beauty before it'll need its first oil change (after about 10,000 miles!) My only pet peeve, here, is that I wish the COMAND system would be a bit more robust like the BMW's iDrive. But, overall, we are very happy with this purchase and my wife loves the special contour driver seat with massaging feature!"

Magnificent Beauty

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Design, Technology, Comfort, Quality"

Cons: "Shoulda got the Premium 2 Package"

"I was the first owner of the E350 Coupe in Flodida. I now have 42K on this car and I still love it. It still turns heads everywhere. Its design theme is so well thought out. I think they designed the coupe first and then they unfortunately tried to make it work in the sedan. The technology is wonderful and reliable. I'm sure there is a BMW somewhere that handles a little better; but, not as comfortable, beautiful or reliable. I don't think I will ever own another car without a panoramic roof. I will keep this car till the complete redesign comes out in 2016 and I will buy another if it is as well executed."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "Love the backup camera"

Cons: "Should have gotten park assist for front"

Happy Birthday to ME!

"I owned 2008 CLK convertible that was totaled last year. Was leary of getting another convertible, and got an R Class, but was drawn back to the new E 350 convertible. What an upgrade from the CLK....the controls, the ride and I love the air deflector above the windshield. Even on 100 degree days, crank up the A/C and deflect the wind, and it's very comfortable....especially with cooled seats. Black on black with a black top is super sharp. Also love the Sirus Weather Radar....clouds ahead?? Check if it's rain."

Happy Birthday to ME!

Mercedes Benz E Class

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

"Upgraded from the C class to the Mercedes Benz E Class. The E class is a great car the ride is fast and quiet. With more room now my little boy age 9 is always sleeping in the back seat the new interior is luxury and soft. (Set back!) The GPS satellite combination system can help you find your way or set you up to be tracked by the highway patrol system with the new technology now your car is a target, drive safely. After driving the E Class you will find it hard to drive other models. Great work Mercedes Benz ! Mike"

Fits me perfect.

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Not many coupes on the road so very unique"

This is the car my son picked out of all the ones we tested :)

"Just leased a 2012 E350 4-Matic Coupe. Wow do I love it! Was looking for a two door that could fit a family of four on occasion. Nothing but this car came close to meeting my needs. Not many on the road so it is unique. The interior blows away the 4 door E-Class. The rear seat dimensions are about the same as the 4 door. when the windows are down with no pillar the car is beautiful and has a look unlike anything on the road in this price range.It is a way better vehicle than the C-class I had before. Rides much smoother but I loved my 2010 C-Class too. As they say, Nothing compares to a Mercedez-Benz. The safety and technology is amazing. The 305 HP is plenty enough power too."

This is the car my son picked out of all the ones we tested :)

like car except front end problem

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Looks, comfort, engine performance"

Cons: "Front end problem"

"In general like my E550 except for chronic issue with vibration on front end when braking with light to moderate pressure. Rotors replaced at 10,000 miles which fixed problem initially, but now doing it again so dealer is replacing front end bearings this time. I guess can just keep replacing stuff until warranty out, then I will trade it off. I would never want to own MB that is not in warranty at the price of the repairs. I like everything else about the car and did look at other manufacturers in class and felt this was best in its class."

Best car I've ever owned in last fifty years!

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "iPhone integration could have been better."

"This is my fifth convertible, and about fifteenth auto. When I first drove it, coming out of a 7 Series BMW, I was really pleased with the smoothness and power of this six cylinder cabriolet. Currently with about 9,800 miles in the last 20 months, I've experienced no problems, no complaints and am amazed at how great this car is. What more can I say."

2011 E550

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

"I HAVE OWNED 28 CARS IN MY LIFE AND THIS IS THE BEST ONE."

MB has really stepped up!

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, tech savvy, VERY comfortable!"

Cons: "Pricey w/o a rebate, but you get what you pay for"

"I already owned a 2002 C CLass and was looking to make the move up in size. Evaluated BMW, Lexus, etc and finally decided on the E Class as the USAA rebate of $4000 was too good to pass up. MB has really come into the 21st century in a big way! This car has a great layout and styling, and the electronics and convenience features are all extremely well integrated, easy to use, and very useful. I just returned from a 1500 mile cross-country trip in this car and it was truly a pleasure to drive. I love the panorama roof and the HID headlights, and an especially nice touch is the LED cabin lighting. The front end has a nice aggressive style to it and the car handles extremely well in all driving conditions. I had my heart set on the BlueTec but when I found out the new gas engine gets only 2 mpg less than the diesel, I went with the more responsive engine. Maintenance costs are much less with gas as well."

WOW .. E350 is a well built car

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pros: "Solid sexy styling.. Handles well"

Cons: "None so far"

"Bought this from Foothill MB in SoCal. The dealership was super nice and easy to deal with. This is my wife's car she loves it! The car feels solid, handles well and has decent power. The stereo sounds so clear and streaming BlueTooth works well and it automatically down loaded all contacts from her cell phone. She picked black / black sports edition. COOL CAR. I might need to buy the AMG E65 just to show her up. HA"

Great car!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"A truly great car both in looks and design."

Outstanding Quality; cool features

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive...great looking car"

Cons: "Voice Control - re-worked to be more natural"

"This car makes me laugh over and over again. With the distronic radar; lane change warnings etc it is a pleasure to drive. I tell my friends the if you kill your self driving this car you were doing something incredibly stupid. It could use a little more rear seat room (MB could shrink the trunk)...the trunk is so large you could fit a horse in it... Also, I can always fing my nearest Dunkin Donuts with assistance from the M-brace feature and Nav system..."

The best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Great comfort in long drives."

Cons: "None!"

"I have driven many cars and owned three mercs and this one is the best one I've ever had. Nothing beats it in class, comfort and reliability."

cost less and is better than my 2004 e350

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Sticker price as cheaper that my 2004 e. Drives great is faster and better quality. I looked at 5 series BMW but was $4000 more since they did not have usaa $2000 dollar discount. Only downside is that it gets 2 mile per gallon less."

wonderful vehicle

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cons: "need to have repair facilities closer"

"Outstanding styling and comfort. Great to drive. Have had car 1 year and had some trouble with starting. I live 100 miles from nearest dealer. car had to be towed 100 miles to repair."

Wagon version - excelllent - beautiful

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"I own the 2011 wagon sport version - one of the finest cars made. Very practical yet drives beautifully. Unique."

The best of both worlds

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

"I consider myself a car enthusiast and had a 2007 911 carrera 4s before buying this beast in disguise,I simply love it,it is the perfect blend between comfort, luxury,looks and performance. Impressive power and handling if you look for that in a car with the practicality of being a luxury sedan."

Solid and Reliable

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Quality, quiet, refined, stylish, handling."

Cons: "Premium fuel, zenons not standard"

"Came out of two prior BMWs (both with issues) into the Mercedes. Extremely well engineered, solid, reliable, quality throughout. Silky smooth engine, great driving dynamics, quietest car on the market, beautiful styling, surprisingly good on gas too. Great for long distance cruising... absolutely fantastic on the highway; very stable at speed, handing top notch. Oozes quality in every respect, inside and out. A real head turner. Seems like it will last forever. Only negatives... requires premium fuel, halogen headlamps are VERY weak (zenons not standard on a 55K car? - come on MB!), not the best car for squirting around town because it's a little on the larger size. Advice... get one if your budget allows because it's a terrific car, but do spring for the zenons, and negotiate hard. MB has lots of "trunk money" and the dealers have leeway in dropping the price, even below invoice. If you can get a good deal, this is the best luxury value on the road. Well engineered and should provide few issues."

Best riding car I've even owned.

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Great road feel when driving."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"This car has an outstanding safety rating. Hydraulic leveling gives a fantastic ride. The V-8 382 hp provides high performance and reasonable fuel economy. The premium 1 and 2 packages provide man creature comforts. Transferrable warranty is good for 2 years or 20,000 miles."

Great car, great improvement

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Power, Styling, Interior Gadgets"

Cons: "Traction Control"

"I had an 2008 E350 and decided to upgrade at lease end to the 2011 E550. Mercedes hit the mark and the V8 engine is entirely too much fun for a guy who likes to push the envelope on speed and acceleration. The interior space is well thought through, plenty of storage space and everything just connects seamlessly. I think this car is really perfect for me and my needs. I have only two issues. 1. I have a 400 h.p. V8 engine and whenever I need to rapidly accelerate from a stopped position my tires slip up something terribly and I start slower than if I still owned a E350. My suggestion, regardless of where you live (I live in sunny Southern Texas), get the 4 matic. The traction is just terrible. 2) The second issue pertains to a manufacturing defect that the dealership can't seem to address correctly. The dash piece at the foot of the inside windshield has a "loose clip" and vibrates to the point it drives me nuts. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it, only to leave me with a new vibration in the same part, just closer to the center. I will take it in again, but I have to give the car up for a day and it is really inconvenient. The traction and defect aside, without hesitation I recommend this car and believe Mercedes got the E550 right."

best car ever!!

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

"wonderful car. very well designed. real road car."

Beautiful exterior design, quick and sure footed

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "looks, highway driving, pep of v-6"

Cons: "column drive, park, reverse, nav system"

"My wife drives this car on a daily basis and she loves the ride, she does not like the harsher ride of the BMW. I am the highway driver and really like the smooth performance and zip. The interior is nice and clean, but am not a fan of the nav, radio, cd system, too complicated."

A dream fulfilled - luxury, style and performance

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, sturdy, classic, a driving experience"

Cons: "get back to you when I find it"

"All I hear is what a good looking car I have. From styling to paint finish no detail is flawed. The interior is roomy, stylish and functional. Most controls are ergonomic and intuitive. The climate control, seats, sound system, lighting and ride meld to create a truly luxurious experience. There is plenty of power and smooth responsive handing. A wonderful car and the purchase, selection and negotiation, was a pleasant experience. Little wonder Mercedes-Benz has their world class reputation."