2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Solid and Reliable

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Quality, quiet, refined, stylish, handling."

Cons: "Premium fuel, zenons not standard"

"Came out of two prior BMWs (both with issues) into the Mercedes. Extremely well engineered, solid, reliable, quality throughout. Silky smooth engine, great driving dynamics, quietest car on the market, beautiful styling, surprisingly good on gas too. Great for long distance cruising... absolutely fantastic on the highway; very stable at speed, handing top notch. Oozes quality in every respect, inside and out. A real head turner. Seems like it will last forever. Only negatives... requires premium fuel, halogen headlamps are VERY weak (zenons not standard on a 55K car? - come on MB!), not the best car for squirting around town because it's a little on the larger size. Advice... get one if your budget allows because it's a terrific car, but do spring for the zenons, and negotiate hard. MB has lots of "trunk money" and the dealers have leeway in dropping the price, even below invoice. If you can get a good deal, this is the best luxury value on the road. Well engineered and should provide few issues."

Best riding car I've even owned.

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Great road feel when driving."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"This car has an outstanding safety rating. Hydraulic leveling gives a fantastic ride. The V-8 382 hp provides high performance and reasonable fuel economy. The premium 1 and 2 packages provide man creature comforts. Transferrable warranty is good for 2 years or 20,000 miles."

Great car, great improvement

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Power, Styling, Interior Gadgets"

Cons: "Traction Control"

"I had an 2008 E350 and decided to upgrade at lease end to the 2011 E550. Mercedes hit the mark and the V8 engine is entirely too much fun for a guy who likes to push the envelope on speed and acceleration. The interior space is well thought through, plenty of storage space and everything just connects seamlessly. I think this car is really perfect for me and my needs. I have only two issues. 1. I have a 400 h.p. V8 engine and whenever I need to rapidly accelerate from a stopped position my tires slip up something terribly and I start slower than if I still owned a E350. My suggestion, regardless of where you live (I live in sunny Southern Texas), get the 4 matic. The traction is just terrible. 2) The second issue pertains to a manufacturing defect that the dealership can't seem to address correctly. The dash piece at the foot of the inside windshield has a "loose clip" and vibrates to the point it drives me nuts. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it, only to leave me with a new vibration in the same part, just closer to the center. I will take it in again, but I have to give the car up for a day and it is really inconvenient. The traction and defect aside, without hesitation I recommend this car and believe Mercedes got the E550 right."

best car ever!!

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

"wonderful car. very well designed. real road car."

Beautiful exterior design, quick and sure footed

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "looks, highway driving, pep of v-6"

Cons: "column drive, park, reverse, nav system"

"My wife drives this car on a daily basis and she loves the ride, she does not like the harsher ride of the BMW. I am the highway driver and really like the smooth performance and zip. The interior is nice and clean, but am not a fan of the nav, radio, cd system, too complicated."