2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 613 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Excellent Auto -

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Quality, spacious , comfortable ride."

Cons: "Cost to maintain"

"My Third E-class ,1995 best quality of the the 3 but unfortunately not a 4matic, the 2002 not impressive at all - the 2008 much a much better car. The 4matic works flawlessly - rain or snow. Only problem is cost of dealer service - have found a local MB shop that does great work at a reasonable price. Biggest down side is the re-sale value. Need to keep these cars for a long time to justify the purchase. BTW - bought this car CPO with 9000 miles -"

Loving my Benz

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car"

Cons: "Premium gas is not cheap"

"I've had my E class for just over a year, I bought it used and was told by several people not to buy this car because they can be expensive to repair. I love it more now than I did the day I got it! Yes, it is not cheap to maintain, however, proper maintenance will prevent problems."

Best car I've owned.

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "A Pleasure to drive, especially on long road trips"

Cons: "No center arm rest, not much rear leg room."

"I purchased this 08 E320 Bluetec used with 60,000. I drive 45-50k per year and already have 110,000 on this, my first MB. I tend to buy used 20k-50k mileage cars and put the next 100k on them, but I already plan on keeping this much longer. My first 50k has been an excellent experience. After owning everything from Toyota, Volkswagen, Acura, Audi and BMW, this is my favorite. Currently getting 42+ in straight highway driving @ 55-60 mph. It drops to around 35-37 at 65-70. Overall mpg (70% highway) I'm at 35. This car has proven to be reliable (even in cold winter start ups)durable, excellent fit and finish, comfortable and a pleasure to drive. No problem getting through our Northern Indiana winter snow with regular all-season tires even though it's rear wheel drive. Would buy definitely buy this car again."

Great value for the money.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Very fast, comfortable, spacious"

Cons: "Maintenance cost."

"Bought this vehicle used 4 years ago. It had a complete and documented service history. Like other cars I have owned, if you take care of it and perform maintenance as scheduled, the car has been relatively trouble free. Other than regular service, here are the repairs it has needed over the past 4 years and 60,000 miles: 2 air struts (common, expensive problem with this car), battery control module, new battery and auxiliary battery, 2 cracked wheels (beware of potholes) and climate dampers. Figure on spending on average $1500 per year on maintenance. Great performance, reliability and comfort."

very good safe car,with very good design

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"driving this car is exiting,very stable ,very powerful and loaded with all options"

best car I've ever driven

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

"mercedes manufacturing at its best: safe, solid, luxurious and dependable"

A constant shop car

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "breaks down constantly"

"a month doesn't go by without having a repair shop bill....always $1,000.00 OR MORE.... not reliable"

Best choice in an entry level near-luxury vehicle.

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

"I bought my '06 E320 just as soon as I could find a CDI. Having had an earlier vintage E-Class I knew what to expect but this time I wanted a diesel - and I wasn't disappointed. I have found the car to be highly reliable, extremely responsive, swift and agile and actually a lot of fun to drive. It may cost a bit more at the pump but, when it consistently averages >30 mpg around town and almost 40 on the highway traveling well over >700 miles on a tank, it proves to be a great value. The interior and amenities are high quality and ample, but lack the higher tech options that became available just a year or two later such as Blue Tooth, MP-3 and USB ports. The Nav and Harmon Kardon sound system are intuitive and easy to operate, even when driving and compliment the otherwise stillness of the quiet cabin. Road and tire noise is all but non-existent and the ride is smooth and comfortable. My only complaint is the automatic rain-sensing wipers. They are overly sensitive to the point of being annoying and my service manager tells me there is no way to adjust them. Next time I will opt for variable speed wipers and pass on the rain sensing feature."

I absolutely LOVE my E500 !!!!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

"This car is a HOME RUN in EVERY possible way...the luxury, the engine, the sport package, and the handling make this a 10 all the way around."

Mid-Sized comfort often gets 37 MPG on the highway

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "In Nevada Diesel costs more than Super unleaded..."

"I have owned Mercedes Diesel cars going back into the 70's. This has proven to be the most reliable one I have ever owned. Overall cost of ownership is simple the recommended routine services... Very easy on tires & brakes... Super comfortable. This is a great touring car... Smooth shifting 7 speed automatic..."