2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 627 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

My third Mercedes Wagon...

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, still great style.."

"Have owned a 1998, 2001 and 2006 wagon. This one by far the most reliable and lowest maintence costs. Also previous wagons had rust problems, 2006 so far appears to have no if very little rust."

I love this car.

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "It is very comfortable to drive."

Cons: "When this car requires maintenance it must be done"

"It drives fabulously,and looks great. I have owned this car longer than I have ever owned a car. Each time I go to buy a new one, I don't commit because my old Mercedes drives better than all the new cars that I have test driven. I even drove the New CLA. The car is no comparison to my OLD 2003 E500."

Perfect design for me

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Owning experience, dealer service always. Safe."

Cons: "Windshield wipers wear out quickly"

"I've owned two MB after 30 other cars over the last 40+ years. This E350 4matic is the best balance of safety, dependability and prestige that I have found. When the new 2010 version came out I drove one. It was very nice but the styling changes were not for me. We have 86k now and I'm well aware of the increasing cost for replacement of suspension and drivetrain components, but have recently decided to budget for those costs and spend the money to keep this car. I'm anticipating about 10K will be required to maintain the mechanical and appearance for the next ten years so do the math. That's far less than it would cost to buy a new car of just about any brand and my Benz is still better than any other 65K or less new car in many ways. I really appreciate it's lack of gadgets and complicated technology. It's just a great car."

Perfect blend of SUV and sedan

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "cargo capacity, excellent ride, great sound system"

"I needed the room of an SUV, but with a lower stance to accommodate elderly parents who could no longer get into my SUV. This is the answer, as no American manufacturer currently has a similar offering. Excellent ride characteristics, flexible cargo space and killer sound system!"

Best of the 9 M/B vehicles I have owned since 1986

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "34 mpg, great ride, very reliable"

Cons: "priced when new @ $60,000"

"I have owned nine Mercedes-Benz vehicles since 1986 and this is the best of the best. Even tops my 1986 560SEL (which I still drive). The fuel economy at 33mpg average is great for a 4000 lb car"

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "truly fun especially when I "smoke" other cars"

"I've driven this car 80,000 miles in the last two years....Mostly on long trips, the ride and dependabilty is awesome. The interior is top notch, leather is does not show wear, and I can drive 6 to 7 hours without stopping, never tired but the best thing is @ speeds of 75 MPH on the interstate, I consistently get 37-40 MPG on this very awesome turbo deisel and it's quite and smooth."

love my car!

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "smoothest ride ever. service once a year"

Cons: "servicing is pricey"

"drives like a dream. i find myself looking forward to going places just to be in the car!"

Awesome, luxurious, elegant, flawless, impeccable

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Simply beautiful, gas mileage almost 40mpg hwy"

Cons: "Not as fun to drive as a sports sedan"

"One of the most beautiful 4 door sedans still in existence today, in my opinion. The exterior contour and dimensions are perfectly balanced, exudes timeless elegance and unmistakable identity of a luxury car. The interior is arguably the most beautiful design i have ever seen in sedan, better even that its newer counterpart. Well proportioned, everything falls in place. The build quality is unmistakably of german engineering, in side and out."

A Pleasure To Drive

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, balanced and responsive drive. Well made."

Cons: "Simple on board technology."

"I've driven this car going on my 3rd year and love it after buying it pre-owned. The first thing I noticed about this car was how solid and tight it is put together; from the solid door slam to the fit and finish of the interior. The drive is very balanced, responsive and comfortable for driver and passengers. The choice of "comfort" or "sports" mode is nice depending on what kind of driving mood you're in. To date, I've have no mechanical problems or issues. I've only had alignment issues with this car more than any other, but changing out the low profile tires has helped in the last year plus being more cautious of road conditions. The interior has held up above average and still looks new including the exterior paint, however, I take pride in keeping my cars well maintained and clean which helps. Overall this has been a great purchase for a great car. Quite ride almost absent of wind noise, but you do tend to hear some from the tires depending on the road. No squeaky cabin noises from interior and layout and design I feel is properly placed - except the cruise control that sometimes gets mistaken for the turn signal stick. What I feel are con's about this car is the sort of archaic technology on board – specifically the navigation system. No frills or touch screen, it's all hard buttons and this little joy stick thing, not always the easiest to navigate through, but you buy this car for the engineering and drive, not the technology I guess. This is where I feel the Asian luxury cars surpass the Germans, but over all, this car drives, responds and just feels better in my opinion. The other thing is this car requires synthetic oil which is much more expensive for an oil change, however you get about 12K to 13K miles before your due for another one. I plan on keeping this one for several more years since I tend to keep a car for around 5 years before I get another one. At this point since I’m so well pleased with this car and enjoy it, I will probably consider another E class once I’m ready to trade out."

One of the best cars I've ever driven.

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "fuel economy, great comfort"

"For a nice mid-size sedan how can you complain about a 38mpg luxury car? My only grip is that I could not use my android mobile with this car but then again it is a 2007 so the android had not come out just yet. Having carpet on the step up was not a good idea because it attracted alot of dirt. I would have preferred something more durable there. Due to the double turbos the accleration is unbelievable. I have owned 4 diesels and this is by far the most gas-like auto as far as response and accleration."

Good, but expensive

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Good drive, comfortable, options, power"

Cons: "Cup holder is horrible, cost to maintain"

"So far this car has been a comfortable car that drives very well. It handles decent in the snow considering it is rear wheel drive. The downside is the cost of repairs and maintenance. $100 (on the low end) for an oil change is hard to swallow. It has had some major problems including an entire throttle assembly and ignition. If using the recommended soft brake pads, brake dust builds up quite fast (1 week and it needs to be cleaned again). But, most of this is worth it considering this is the safest car in the world right now. If you are looking at buying a used one, really think about how much the maintenance and repairs may cost you. So far this car has cost me (just in repairs) over $7000. I wouldn't expect these repairs on any car with only 135,000 miles on it."

Good car

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"2005 E500. Great car with very little issues. Servicing the car can be expensive. The serviceman at the dealership stated to me "if you have to ask how much each item will cost for repair then you cannot afford the car". Thankfully this car requires very few service calls."

Luxury beast

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"This car simply delivers everything. Insane horsepower at 480 wheel and over 500 pounds of torque it's a beast. It's also quieter then any car I've ever been in. My favorites have got to be the little things. Being a Mercedes all the "normal" functions work above average but the adaptive seats when you're taking a turn, the head AND cooled seats, the automatic trunk closer, adjustable ride height (for those deep driveways), adjustable springs (for going through San Francisco) and even the headlights move when you turn them on! It really is everything and more in one package. Being the 2006 model it was the last year of the supercharged motor so I believe it has reached it's Zenith of production signaled by the fact they made a new AMG motor because this one is now perfect."

Masterpiece

By on Thursday, November 05, 2009

"The 2006 E350 has been everything it was supposed to be and more. The problems with the 2006 E are: transmission, SBC braking system, and ball joints. 2006 was the first year of the 7 speed transmission. It had some issues. Notably on the E Class, there was a valve body problem that needed to be upgraded. The tranny also has rough shifts and is prone to early failure. The SBC braking system had many different issues and was discontinued for 2007, but the SBC is under extended warranty by MB for (I think 8 years) even after factory warranty expires. The ball joints on the 06 E have many complaints of going bad far before 100,000 miles in many cases. I have only had transmission issues and MB replaced the tranny. Since then, it has performed flawlessly and is truly a refined automobile. With all said, the car is very reliable and will drive and look well for many years to come. This model is truly a MB and may be the best looking MB ever."

The best car in the "E" class!

By on Sunday, September 06, 2009

"This car is fun, fast, and amazing. 55,047 miles."

classy rocket!

By on Monday, August 17, 2009

"this car is awesome! fast, corners great, stops great, rides nice. i love everything about it, except the seats! they are recaro, and uncomfortable for a big person."

Fast and Sporty

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Nice look, feels good that I am driving a Mercedes, and still is a fast car that gets up and moves! I love it. I really enjoy the Panoramic roof, that I use all of the time! The passengers in the back really like it too. They said it doesn't feel confining at all in the back seat with this open. Nice car."

Best of over 50 owned

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Fast, totally reliable, 30 mpg hiway (no kidding w/7 speed trans). I've owned many cars and this has been the best."

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"Only issue was the rear air shocks went out at 61,000 miles and cost of repair was $1,500.00. Services and parts are pricey."

Solid Performance +MPG?

By on Thursday, December 04, 2008

"Purchased car used with 30K now at 76K. Like driving a high performance bank vault. Absolutley solid and cofortable with great brakes and plenty of speed. on my recent trip from LA to Phoenix I averaged 26.4 MPG. I thought that was an error but received 26.5 on the return and about 15 MPG in town. Let everybody drive their Prius, I'll spend a little more for the comfort, style, status, safety, performance and yes....MPG better than my wifes Lexus RX300 6-cylinder."

Best vechile I've owned

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Comfortable, quite, no mechanical problems, solid on the road and we get 30mpg in town and close to 40 on the highway."

Close to perfect

By on Thursday, July 03, 2008

"What can one say about a perfect car? The diesel is quiet and seems more powerful than the specs. would lead you to expect. I bought it as a certified used car after the 2008 models came out. Still rather pricey, but the brand and luxery do come at a price. As my wife says our E320 Turbo Diesel is nice, but the E320 Bluetec is niiicccee!! I guess if any thing didn't meet my expectations it would be fuel economy(32-33 mpg) I expected a significant improvement over our old E320 turbo given the development and sophistication of the new V6 Bluetec. Otherwise it is everything we expected and more."

Makes me smile

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"This is our 6th MB and third E class. The E500 is a brilliant combination of ride, comfort, performance, handing and styling. Brilliant Silver with Ash interior. Appearance Package, DVD Navigation, heated/ventilated seats, 6-Disc changer and extended 100K miles warranty. In town mileage is in upper teens to low twenties. Freeway mileages is upper 20s. Drove it back from Cali and averaged 63 MPH and 29.2 MPG. Like I said, it makes me smile each time I look at it."

One of the nices cars I've owned

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"I love this car. I want to drive it more offten than my Porsche. 16000 miles no problems or complaints."

Absolutely Beautiful

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"MB needs to up the HP to 300 to keep pace with the BMW 535 and the Lexus GS350. Overall, the E350 is still my preference of this group. The interior is nicer than the 535 and the exterior is nicer than the Lexus, although the Lexus interior is very nice."