• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 609 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Drives great, super solid, autobahn cruiser

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Drives great at speed"

Cons: "parts are expensive"

"The car feels solid, drives great. At highway speeds you never feel like you are not in control. I have had this car over 100mph on dry highway and could change lanes with 1 finger. Great in the snow with 4 matic and good all season tires. Huge trunk, if you need it. Long drives are a pleasure, get out of car feeling fine. I thought heated steering wheel was stupid, now I love it."

Great Diesel Driving

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Quality: design, materials, paint, upholstery"

Cons: "can be expensive to maintain and repair"

"My car is very nice after 127000 miles and 8 years: upholstery still looks new, paint still very shiny. Quality is all over this one. It is not a cheap car, but you get what you pay for. Well, sometimes, at least. These cars are somewhat expensive to maintain but, if you can afford it, they will stay with you for the long term. There are lower-cost alternatives to most dealer services; really this car has proven to not be more complex than about any upscale modern car. Example: dealer asked $534 parts and labor to replace two upper front ball joints. I bought them from a Mercedes-Benz dealer on-line, for $99, and it took me, an amateur mechanic, less than an hour and no special tools to install them. I also change my own oil, filter, and fuel and air filters. The oil is a special Mobil1, and it can cost $8 to $10 per quart, it takes 8 quarts, but it goes 12,000 miles between changes. I had occasion to remove the oil pan recently, and the engine was perfectly clean inside, so I trust the oil and the change interval. car has more then plenty of power, not slow at all like Mercedes Diesels used to be."

I love this car.

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, comfortable, excellent fuel economy"

Cons: "No driving lights, no program to avoid backing"

"I have driven a Mercedes for many years. I always bought pre-owned and the certified used vehicles. This is a safe car, drives easy, excellent on fuel. I have driven the diesel autos for many years-love the cars. Going into Atlanta, my typical miles per gallon is 33-35. 4 new tires."

Greatest Drives I had in years

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Dynamic, comfort, look, fast"

Cons: "It's a Mercedes, parts and repairs may be costly"

"This 2005 Mercedes E500 has been the nicest car I've owned. Comfort, speed, luxury. This car has it all. From the 5.0 V8 engine, to the comfortable leather seating. The dynamic suspension, at the push of a button you drive in comfort, and with the same button, you can lower the suspension to drive it like a sports car. This beauty really sticks to the road and I wouldn't feel safer in another car. I highly recommend this beauty."

Incredible machine

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Great road car, beautiful styling, brawn"

Cons: "none, really...enjoy!"

"Love this car, great lines and is as solid as they come. Even with all the bells and whistles it has been reliable transportation (but suggest the extended warranty anyway). Great road car, which we use quite frequently on the highway...oh yeah, the highway. It is incredibly fast, once your at highway speeds, the 5.5 litre engine and 7 speed tranny pegs you to the seat when passing. Excessive speeds are difficult to avoid, so caution is a must. Great job MB."

They Don't Get Any Better than THIS!

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

"I have owned hundeds of cars in my lifetime and this one tops them all. Always bought S class and SL's. Have owned all of the BMW's and Jaguars. At age 58, decided to just buy a nice toy. I found this 2003 E320 with 180,000 miles a few months ago and have had nothing but pleasure. I had never owned a car with over 100K but was always aware of the E320 reliability. I'm SOLD!!! She drives as good as my 2007 S Class. Not one complaint. Just drove it from Chi to Vegas without any reservations. Sensational Ride. Plan to go at least another 180,000 miles. Haven't bought anything but gas (30 MPG)"

Only vehicle I have ever been disappointed owning

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

"Transmission went up 2000 miles after warranty. Benz said too bad. Cheap plastic parts. Only 58,000 miles on 08 purchased in 07 but quality is poor. Owned BMW 7 Series prior. Going back to BMW . I've never despised a car more. Mercedes has lost me forever based on my ownership and experience. From leather seats ripping to interior pieces chipping to cheap plastic parts on outside breaking, just a poor quality car."

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "it's an aeroplane on the road"

Cons: "Doesn't make coffee"

"When I bought this car I had done my research and I knew this was the vehicle I wanted. For the value of the vehicle, this car is priceless. It was a major upgrade from what I was previously driving. The cruise is fabulous, the entertainment is classic, the Auto AC is out of this world. Did I mention the heater on the leather seats? Maintenance cost is lower than I had thought - once a year for $600 there's nothing like it, the navigation system, the phone system - honestly I think this is the best MB has ever made. I hope MB is considering a coffee maker in the next E350 model!"

Cons: "Does not make coffee!"

"When I bought this car I had done my research and I knew this was the vehicle I wanted. For the value of the vehicle, this car is priceless. It was a major upgrade from what I was previously driving. The cruise is fabulous, the entertainment is classic, the Auto AC is out of this world. Did I mention the heater on the leather seats? Maintenance cost is lower than I had thought - once a year for $600 there's nothing like it, the navigation system, the phone system - honestly I think this is the best MB has ever made. I'm hitting 97k miles on it now, and I'm stuck with it. I just love it. I hope MB is considering a coffee maker in the next E350 model!"

Cons: "Does not make coffee!"

"When I bought this car I was not sure wqhat Iwas getting myself into. But as usual, I had done my research and I knew this was the vehicle I wanted. For the value of the vehicle, this car is priceless. It was a major upgrade from what I was previously used to. The cruise is fabulous, the entertainment is classic, the Auto AC is out of this world. Did I mention the heater on the leather seats? and the navigation system the phone system honestly I think this is the best MB ever made. I'm hitting 97k miles on it now, and I'm stuck with it. I just love it. Maintenance is lower than I had thought - once a year for $600 there's nothing like it. I hope MB is considering a coffee maker in the next E350 model!"

Best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "radio and phone controls on the steering wheel"

Cons: "No cons"

"I bought this vehicle new from a dealership. The first 4 years it was under warranty, full warranty. I never went in for anything other than regular maintenance. NOTHING ever broke, or came apart or anything. 10 years later, this wonderful vehicle only requires regular maintenance. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I use it for long drives to L.A. or San Diego. (from the Bay Area). It is fantastic on gas. (30 mpg on the highway). It is supremely comfortable. It is quiet in the cab and on the road. In a rainstorm, driving on the freeway, feels like you're looking out at a movie screen of a rainstorm when you look out the windshield. The cab is quiet, temperature is custom set, noise is outside, not inside, ride is quiet and comfortable and safe. The world is outside, and inside this vehicle, you and your family are safe and comfortable. This vehicle is awesome. Buy one."

Perfect design for me

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Owning experience, dealer service always. Safe."

Cons: "Windshield wipers wear out quickly"

"I've owned two MB after 30 other cars over the last 40+ years. This E350 4matic is the best balance of safety, dependability and prestige that I have found. When the new 2010 version came out I drove one. It was very nice but the styling changes were not for me. We have 86k now and I'm well aware of the increasing cost for replacement of suspension and drivetrain components, but have recently decided to budget for those costs and spend the money to keep this car. I'm anticipating about 10K will be required to maintain the mechanical and appearance for the next ten years so do the math. That's far less than it would cost to buy a new car of just about any brand and my Benz is still better than any other 65K or less new car in many ways. I really appreciate it's lack of gadgets and complicated technology. It's just a great car."

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "dewqefedfc"

Cons: "wefew"

"just a such great car"

Its been the best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, class and no extra maintenance required."

Cons: "nothing to report"

"I do not drive often that's probably why I only have 42K miles on it. But this car drives nice, I've never had any problems with it since I've owned it. Everyone loves it and I can't bear the thought of trading it or selling it. It's been a dream car for me since I bought it in 2004."

Pure Indulgence

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Classy, runs smooth, reliable"

Cons: "Expensive to fix."

"I love, love, love my E320. I have had it for 7 years. It's the longest I have ever owned a vehicle and I NEVER want it to die. I will keep it for as long as it runs. It has NEVER let me down. Sure it needs a batterie(ies) or breaks or tires now and then, but it is class, style, substance and gorgeous. Driving this anywhere is pure elegance and grace. I am so fortunate to own this car!"

Best and most enjoyable car I haver ever owned.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "no cons"

"You can't get a better car for the money. Handles great and is very comfortable. Powerful, fuel efficient v-6 with v-8 power. I will buy another."

terrific vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Pros: "great quality, looks great"

Cons: "navigation system is a bit difficult to use."

"No trouble, comfort and convenience. It is solid, reliable and terrific."

One of the nicest cars to own for the money

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Pros: "Great price for a 4 door sports car"

Cons: "Goes thru tires about once every 15K miles"

"I remember back in 2003 I saw several commercials for this car. They had the monster coming out of the hood and the husband had to beat the monster back under the hood. I wanted this car. In 2007 I could afford one. I got it. This car drives very well with a hint of bad manners. It's a bit heavy in the front. I love the car. Unless you know what AMG is, you miss it. You get other sports cars get blown away by a sedan."

Awesome

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, powerful,fun"

Cons: "None yet"

"2009 e350 4 matic AMG package, a joy to drive, sports car and luxury car in one."

Quality of Greatness

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, head turner, fast, well built"

Cons: "I only wish I had two of them"

"Quality car, fun to drive super fast!!!"

Best car ever

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "Mileage comfort value"

Cons: "Expensive service and repairs"

"I have owned 320 Bluetec since new and consider it the best car I have ever owned, above the BMWs Lexus's etc. The MB seats are by far the best for a bad back. The diesel delivers 35 MPG at 70 mph. I can't figure why Americans don't get diesels. You can't tell except that you drive right past the gas stations with >700 mile range."

The best car ever, buy one and see

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Build quality, safety in design, solid feel, fun"

Cons: "regular maintenance costs"

"We have owned this 2006 E350 since 'nearly new', it was a dealer 'demo'. Only one problem, a fuel sensor switch ($300.00). Even this didn't cause a problem we only new about it via a check engine light. A perfect family car that still looks and drives like new. If maintenance were a little less expensive, and if I liked the new interior design (yuk)we would buy a new one. We'll keep this until we get bored (never) of it. What a fantastic car (I'm already scared that writing this will jinx us)"

The perfect driving machine (sorry BMW)

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pros: "All of aforementioned."

Cons: "As aforementioned"

"I love my car. I have driven up and down California in it, and across to Vegas from SF, all around the Bay Area including the seven steep hills within SF along with the dangerous inside city driving that includes bicycles, trams, busses, scooters, pedestrians etc where everyone seems to have right of way. This car is perfect. Stops on a dime, clear visibility out of all windows without blind spots, nimble steering and a transmission so smooth you forget it is working all the time. I have been surprised by gas mileage too, averaging 27-28 on my long haul trips and 19 in the city. Plenty of room in the backseat (we were five, with 4 nearly 6") on our last roadtrip (to Vegas). Massive trunk. And if music is your thing, this system (Harmon....) is as good as anything from Bose or B"

excellent, luxurious and dependable

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "design, luxurious interior and comfort"

Cons: "no lumbar support"

"This car is a beautiful automobile. The luxurious interior, exterior design and beautiful ride are superior to almost any vehicle I test drove before purchasing it used from a new car dealer. The only drawback is the high cost of dealer maintenance. But, otherwise I highly recommend this car over any other luxury make in its class."