• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 600 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Color is white with beige interior, chrome wheels

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"Paint in excellent condition and interior looks new. Mileage is below average for year model. Car very well maintained and performs perfectly. Brand new battery."

Handles great; well-balanced

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "well-engineered"

"I've owned my E350 for five years and still love it. I tend to drive fast and aggressively and it responds perfectly. It's well-balanced with steering and acceleration. The only flaw (and it's minor) is if you accidentally downshift with the steering wheel "paddles," to get back to automatic transmission you have to up-shift a whole bunch of times to get back to "D.""

Very poor quality. Repairs frequent and costly

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Cons: "High maintenance and costly parts and labor"

"Spent over $4000 on this lemon only driving it 23.000 miles since buying it used from a private owner. Three pages of warranty work obtained via dealer print out. All my repairs were on me. Never ever buy a Mercedes again. For the cost they should run forever. Our 2005 Tahoe has had less than $400 in repairs in 9 years."

Most comfortable seats I've ever had; great fun!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Seats, design, performance, rarity"

Cons: "seating with rear seats folded down."

"Worked hard to find it- located it in Dallas. Drove it home and was so impressed that I could not stop driving! The only negative thing anywhere on the car is that when you fold rear seats down the fronts are limited in rear movement. Everything else is super!"

The E500 is a solid well made sedan.

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Fast, solid, very predictable handling,"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain if dealer dependent"

"I purchased my 2004 E500 used in 2006 with just 3400 miles on it from Herb Gordon Mercedes in Maryland. This car has delivered 130,000 miles without any serious problems. Sure the minor stuff wore out, like a few oxygen sensors and the rear bellows at 131,000 mile mark. Maintenance is easy, oil changes every 10,000 miles and transmission fluid changes every 40,000 miles. Some owners are having transmission and electrical problems, mine has been fine. The engine in these cars seem to be bullet proof. Mine is still very strong and gets 26 mpg with the cruise control at 70 mph. Living in Florida, A/C is important. The majority of older BMW's I see have overheated occupants in a sagging car, not MB. The suspension is excellent. At the 110,000 mile mark I told the dealer to check out the car from front to back, basically offering a blank check. Recommendations were: 2 ball joints and spark plug change-that was all. The E500 is a very well made car and with the exception of some electrical problems and a few reported transmission problems these are excellent cars. Smooth, solid, fast and have excellent grip for a big sedan. If you are considering one get an E550 2007 or later. Steering, brakes and engine have been improved. Get a low mileage good one and you'll be pleased. But beware, these cars are not Toyotas; they require attentive maintenance and if you are dealer dependent then you should factor in a few maintenance dollars into your operating costs."

E350 4 matic

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "good driver"

Cons: "overpriced,no free maintenance,low profile tires"

"A great reliable vehicle.A bit pricey though, and routine maintenance is super expensive! The low profile tires are not made for any northern road conditions at all.It bottoms out on every small bump or pot hole in the road. Oil changes at the dealer are over $200.00 it's ridiculously expensive. Yet the car is as good as any 4 wheel drive truck in slippery or snowy conditions,and very comfortable to be in and drive."

Stylish quality built Benz

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

"Really we'll made car. Not a huge fan of the air suspension. I will convert to coil shocks when the time comes. Very smooth ride even at high speeds. 120mph+ 4matic works like a dream. Brakes stop on a dime. Love the style and curves. You can feel the quality as soon as you get in. Lots of complements from car guys and the girls go crazy for this ride."

certified pre-owned has been trouble free.

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "excellent comfort and handling for a sedan."

Cons: "There are a few blind spots cause of side mirrors"

"Very good car and reliable too. Only drawback is cost of routine maintenance and parts. Outstanding comfort and it goes where you point it with good power in most situations. I usually beat the EPA mileage estimate on long trips."

Total satisfaction!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Affordable for single professional"

Cons: "None - love it"

"I love this car - it fits me like a glove, knows what i'm thinking, handles intuitively, moves like a gazelle, stops on a dime. No pretenses about it, clean, classy, dignified reliable and understated - you have to be committed to taking care of it - service schedules happen. The quick response, road feel and even the subtle sound of the dual exhaust still makes me smile - and Im a woman! I work hard for my money and I appreciate the solid performance and security I have with this car - the service staff are phenominal too! Did I mention I love this car? 6 years and counting!"

I have owned several Benzos the E5honey is my favo

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Fast"

Cons: "no cell accessories"

"Comfortable and reliable"