2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 626 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Fantastic fuel mileage, superior ride quality

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Great power, fuel mileage and luxurious"

Cons: "Pricey turbo charger replacement"

"I have driven this car for two years. It was a one-owner when purchased. The car has been very dependable, aside from having to replace a pricey turbo charger, the car has been fabulous. The power off the line is very surprising. I get approximately 500 miles to a tank of fuel!! It even has massaging seats!! Overall, the ride is very Mercedes-like, the drive is tight and the surroundings are very supple."

Wood, Leather

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "You feel like a million bucks, surrounded by leather and burled wood!"

Cons: "Everybody assumes that you're rich -- while you think you just found a good value."

"We have been driving our 2007 MB-E320 Bluetec for over 2 years. We can't say enough about the total reliability and elegance of this car! It is loaded with "creature comforts" that make it a pleasure to drive, or ride in. In addition to being my comfortable daily driver for work, we have thoroughly enjoyed long trips using the navigational system, heated, power seats, sensational sound system and integrated phone. Everything is easy, pleasant and elegant. Not to mention excellent gas mileage! On trips we average 32-34mpg. We will definitely remain MB customers, for life!"

Best car ever!!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "mpg, convenience, simplicity, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "resale value, somewhat dull styling"

"I bought this car new in february of 2008 and have not had one problem since. With the diesel engine I have achieved 38 miles per gallon a couple times. The navigation and technology is incredibly easy to use, the ride is smooth, and with 80,000 miles showing on the clock the other day, it feels like it just left the dealership. I have not had any problems except things like headlights and taillights which are normal repairs. I have always had it serviced with my Mercedes dealership and have all the service records. this is by far one of my favorite cars I have ever owned, among many as I am 54 years old. I plan on keeping this car to over 250,000 miles, that is how much I trust it."

Well built

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Cons: "Headlights wear down quickly"

"Bought this car from my dad with 110,000 miles on it. He never had any issues with it in the first 100k miles and I haven't had any issues since. Great acceleration and superior handling going into its 10th year."

Excellent E500 4-matic for Winter

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I've had my 2004 E500 4-matic AWD since Feb 2006 and believe it is the safest, most reliable vehicle I've ever had, even ahead of my 1992 BMW 850i. The BMW, with 12 cylinders, is quicker, but only barely, and the MB holds the road in the middle of a Fairbanks, Alaskan winter remarkably. Perhaps it is the original German All-Season ContiTouring Continental tires. The strength of that 5 liter V-8 is especially noticeable when accelerating at speed. It gives a burst of power. I am 6'2" and find the front seat room comfortable. Gas mileage is so-so in town at 17 mpg and 24+ on the highway but that's not why you buy this car. The car feels safe and runs well despite our severe weather extremes (-50F in winter and +85F in summer). Local dealer provides good service too. I highly recommend the E-500 4-matic for drivers who want power, safety and quality for year-round driving."