2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 623 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

a friendly reminder

By on Sunday, June 29, 2008

"These cars a joy to drive and have excellent fuel economy. My 2007 e350 sport has been both fun/practical. Over the past 22 months and has had no drivability or mechanical issues. After the first year I usually find something wrong with anything including past my toyotas/honda-acuras but not this car. I have averaged 22-25mpg with a/c on between 80-90mph mixed driving. When you need to fly the 7sp auto just moves out.. This is Benz # 7..I can't wait for # 8. I have driven and owned BMW/Lexus, for everyday satisfaction they don't compare. Lexus great car without a real SOUL. BMW fun at the beginning but later something else. If you want real overall value try a E-class. You won't regret it."

Great car

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Mercedes E 350 is truly a great car. However, it's not for everyday driving. I believe it is over priced and only gets 22 to 23 mpg on the highway. But it does give a great ride and is very reliable with great road performance."

The perfect driving machine (sorry BMW)

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pros: "All of aforementioned."

Cons: "As aforementioned"

"I love my car. I have driven up and down California in it, and across to Vegas from SF, all around the Bay Area including the seven steep hills within SF along with the dangerous inside city driving that includes bicycles, trams, busses, scooters, pedestrians etc where everyone seems to have right of way. This car is perfect. Stops on a dime, clear visibility out of all windows without blind spots, nimble steering and a transmission so smooth you forget it is working all the time. I have been surprised by gas mileage too, averaging 27-28 on my long haul trips and 19 in the city. Plenty of room in the backseat (we were five, with 4 nearly 6") on our last roadtrip (to Vegas). Massive trunk. And if music is your thing, this system (Harmon....) is as good as anything from Bose or B"

Fantastic fuel mileage, superior ride quality

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Great power, fuel mileage and luxurious"

Cons: "Pricey turbo charger replacement"

"I have driven this car for two years. It was a one-owner when purchased. The car has been very dependable, aside from having to replace a pricey turbo charger, the car has been fabulous. The power off the line is very surprising. I get approximately 500 miles to a tank of fuel!! It even has massaging seats!! Overall, the ride is very Mercedes-like, the drive is tight and the surroundings are very supple."

Wood, Leather

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "You feel like a million bucks, surrounded by leather and burled wood!"

Cons: "Everybody assumes that you're rich -- while you think you just found a good value."

"We have been driving our 2007 MB-E320 Bluetec for over 2 years. We can't say enough about the total reliability and elegance of this car! It is loaded with "creature comforts" that make it a pleasure to drive, or ride in. In addition to being my comfortable daily driver for work, we have thoroughly enjoyed long trips using the navigational system, heated, power seats, sensational sound system and integrated phone. Everything is easy, pleasant and elegant. Not to mention excellent gas mileage! On trips we average 32-34mpg. We will definitely remain MB customers, for life!"