2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 641 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Very Expensive Vehicle

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"We have owned this car since new, and have babied it. 113,000 miles, and here is the most recent repairs at Mercedes Dealer:Water Pump and Pulleys $700, SVS Brake Controller $1800, E service $1,000, Fuel Filter $600, Valve Covers leaking $1400, Sensor "Brain" for inter. wipers/lights/int.equip., $600, Leaking Rear Main seal $2200. The car books for around 10k.... This is our second one, the first one went back under the Lemon Law. I will never own another Mercedes, nor will I recommend to anyone."

They Don't Get Any Better than THIS!

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

"I have owned hundeds of cars in my lifetime and this one tops them all. Always bought S class and SL's. Have owned all of the BMW's and Jaguars. At age 58, decided to just buy a nice toy. I found this 2003 E320 with 180,000 miles a few months ago and have had nothing but pleasure. I had never owned a car with over 100K but was always aware of the E320 reliability. I'm SOLD!!! She drives as good as my 2007 S Class. Not one complaint. Just drove it from Chi to Vegas without any reservations. Sensational Ride. Plan to go at least another 180,000 miles. Haven't bought anything but gas (30 MPG)"

My fourth MBZ

By on Monday, February 08, 2016

Pros: "Beautiful car."

"This is by far the most disappointing car. It's particular engine has a flaw with the camshaft bearings. A $6,000 repair bill and still waiting for my $4,000 refund from Mercedes due to a law suit filed and settled. Also the 7 speed trans had to be fixed for another $1,700. Besides all that the car is beautiful, I like it better than the sport model for its ride."

Pure Indulgence

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Classy, runs smooth, reliable"

Cons: "Expensive to fix."

"I love, love, love my E320. I have had it for 7 years. It's the longest I have ever owned a vehicle and I NEVER want it to die. I will keep it for as long as it runs. It has NEVER let me down. Sure it needs a batterie(ies) or breaks or tires now and then, but it is class, style, substance and gorgeous. Driving this anywhere is pure elegance and grace. I am so fortunate to own this car!"

problem vehicle from the beginning

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"We purchansed this vehicle based on Mercedes reputation. It has been an disaster from the beginning. The electrical system was fraught with problems right from the start. Now 5 yrs. later with only 26K miles, it has needed to have a master bolt replaced, tires replaced, the electronic stabalization system replaced, and now the electronic starter and the related system is down. The mechanic at the dealership told me to never buy an E class, but rather to buy a C class as the repair rate is much lower. I am very disappointed with this car and would never recommend it to anyone."

I've owned Benz for 25 year and this is fun!

By on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pros: "appearance, construction, fuel economy, comfort, transmission,"

Cons: "A little too soft in the ride, yup the cup holders are inconvenient."

"I own a BluTec and drive fast and with a purpose, I enjoy driving! Have owned ML 320's and ML350 Special Edition, a 420, a 190, a 300SL, a 300E, and am happy to say the 300 BluTec is super fun. Tremendous torque, pulls mountains and accelerates uphill like a vehicle with much greater HP. Not a solid cornering vehicle in the mountains at 70-80mph but the stock tire width holds with no problem, takes some getting used to if you've been driving a true sports car. Top end craps out about 130MPH, but give me break that's got to be enough. MPG with the diesel averages 36-37, and on long trips I documented 40MPG. With current fuel prices I figure I'm paying half of premium fuel price per gallon. Inside, with 4 people, we're very comfortable, a 5th person is going to hate life. This is a sharp ride and people comment on it's appearance, but they go nuts when you tell them it's diesel, a common comment is "it doesn't sound like a diesel." With zero unscheduled maintenance the E300 runs flawlessly. One nasty is the $400 to change the fuel filter, but this isn't just any diesel, it's a Benz and that's as good as it gets so take care of the normal maintenance. If you like quality construction and want see it in the flesh, look under the rocker panels on this car, they're galvanized. That's quality."

Class Ride

By on Saturday, July 04, 2009

"Purchased a used one with 75K miles. Now have over 100K miles. Only problem was burned out light bulb. Very pleased with ride and comfort. Excellent road car for long trips. Very pleased with fuel economy. Plan to buy a new one when this one hits 200K miles. You can really tell the favorable difference between this and American/Japanese cars."

E320 CDI

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"Best car I've ever had. It is very fast and phenomenal mileage. I get 25 in town and 38 on the hwy at 70mph. Quiet and comfortable with almost no diesel noise."

Greatest Drives I had in years

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Dynamic, comfort, look, fast"

Cons: "It's a Mercedes, parts and repairs may be costly"

"This 2005 Mercedes E500 has been the nicest car I've owned. Comfort, speed, luxury. This car has it all. From the 5.0 V8 engine, to the comfortable leather seating. The dynamic suspension, at the push of a button you drive in comfort, and with the same button, you can lower the suspension to drive it like a sports car. This beauty really sticks to the road and I wouldn't feel safer in another car. I highly recommend this beauty."

German excellence

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"We have been buying Mercedes cars for over 30 years, first was a 1972 280 sel. The 2007 E 350 is the best yet. Power , good gas milage and excellent quality. Much better quality and relioability then the previous E300 we owned. We test drove Lexus, Infinity, bmw the Mercedes was by far the best of them all."

Injector Trouble

By on Monday, October 27, 2008

"True it was bad diesel, but the fuel filter failed to contain the contaminents. This caused 2 injectors to miss and cost me $2k to replace them. Not to mention lousy dealer service which is pretty much the norm with cutbacks these days."

Wouldn't buy E-Class Again.

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I have had this car for almost a year. I bought this used from a dealership and had no problems the first 6 months. It had 39000 miles the time I bought it. But now I have started having problems with the suspesion system. I hear the squiking noises and I have paid 2 visits to the workshop. I am just fed up with my Benz. Overall, I didn't expect a Benz to give me all these problems having that big of a name out there. I guess the prestige and name is not the same anymore since its been bought by Chrysler."

Sorry I traded My BMW

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"After owning 7 BMW's including an 03 M5, 02 M3 convertible, and 540i Sports and still put off by their current styling I thought it was time to consider a Mercedes. I looked a several but was seduced by the HP and torque of the E55. That is its strong point. I've owned my 05 now for two months and find that I don't like the instrumentation, the difficult computer, the fact that you can accidently activate the manual shift mode without knowing it, the navigation system, you can't select your preset radio channels from the steering column, and the very expensive routine mainteance costs. I also had Sirius satellite radio installed and that was another costly $1,100 mistake. Straight line performance the E55 can't be beat but when you consider you only do that once in a while stick with BMW! IMHO, stay away from this car!"

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I drove the 2008 E320 Bluetec from Stuttgart to Munich for five days in terrible rain. It handled superbly on the autobahn as well as the mountain back roads. The only drawback is that the wiper blades are not fast enough in heavy rains. The defogger worked, the road handling was superb and the power to handle the autobahn was there when called upon. The gas mileage was more than projected. Nice comfortable ride and easy to handle."

2008 Bluetec Diesel

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"Picked mine up last Friday. Beautiful and I'm getting better than 30 MPG in combined city/highway - commute is 50% each and in DC traffic that is something! Only disappointment is in the Bluetooth MHI. I can use multiple phones - one at a time - but the phone books does not sync. AWS - wirelss provider for MB wants to sell very high priced Razor phones - the kind you get for free! Bottomline - use the phone handsfree - it already has a telephone book in it!"

Luxury with performance

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"The E500 is no doubt a good looking luxurious car. The icing on the cake is that it runs like a scalded ape and handles better than a lot of sports cars. The ride is comfortable with plenty of room inside. It's quiet and has a great sound system. Long trips go by in a flash and daily commutes are stressless. I got 19 mpg around the city and 26 mpg on the highway at an average speed of 80 mph! I have the driving dynamic seats (which aren't available anymore I hear). Absolutely the best thing since sliced bread. There are only a few annoying issues I have with the car. One is the electrical engine cooling fan. When its running, it sounds like a 747 taking off if you're outside the car. Don't hear much inside the car. The other is active suspension which occasionally "farts" which sound like someone letting air out of a ballon by squeezing the outlet. Embarassing to say the least. In 4 years, there were a few electronic glitches but nothing the dealer couldn't fix or typical for any car with as many "bells and whistles," even a Lexyota. The style, luxury, performance and quality is superb. Despite the few issues, this is a great car and I highly recommend it!"

fantastic automobile

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "A really excellent car"

"2005 Mercedes E320 sedan white/wbeige interior command navigation, harmon kardon sound system four new tires heated front seats all power elec/sunroof elec rear sunshade luxury edition excellent condition inside and out 72,000 miles clean title"

I have owned several Benzos the E5honey is my favo

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Fast"

Cons: "no cell accessories"

"Comfortable and reliable"

Love the Car

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

"It is an older car, but still runs pretty good... I been driving this car for over three years now and never have any problems yet... (knock on wood 8)... Many thanks to the previous owner for taking care of the car..."

I LOVE THIS CAR. QUICK SOLID, RELIABLE,COMFORTABLE

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "MOST FUN TO DRIVE IN TOWN, COMFY TO TRAVEL, MPG+"

Cons: "PARTS A BIT PRICEY-E.G.$89 FOR LITE LENS"

"MINOR ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WHEN NEW. EXTENDED WARANTY INCLUDED SINGLE DISK PLAYER- NOT MULTI. DEALER WOULD NOT REPAIR A JAMMED DISC, OFFERED A NEW TOPSIDE FOR THE UPGRADED SOUND SYSTEM FOR $800+,A BIT OF ROAD NOISE WHICH MAY BE THE LOW PROFILE TIRES. CHROME ALONG THE INSIDE WHERE THE TIRE SEALS HAS FLAKED AND CAUSES A SLOW LEAK. FORD DEALER APPLIED RIM SEAL AND THAT HOLDS FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. FUN CAR TO DRIVE, GREAT ACCEL FOR PASSING (IF YOU ARE USED TO A SMALLER POWERED CAR, AND FLOORBOARD IT YOU MAY NOTICE YOUR SPEED OVER 100 MPH IN A VERY FEW SECONDS). GREAT LOOKS, COMFORTABLE FOR TRAVEL, DEALERS ARE POLITE AND TREAT YOU WELL. CAR HAS ROADSIDE SERVICE IF SERVICED AT A DEALER WHICH I USED FOR A COUPLE OF FLAT TIRES AND RESPONSE WAS VERY FAST. OVERALL THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST PLEASURE TO OWN AND DRIVE. 100% RECOMMENDATION TO BUY."

Great Car .

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"The best made car for sure ! i would not own any other."

Its been the best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, class and no extra maintenance required."

Cons: "nothing to report"

"I do not drive often that's probably why I only have 42K miles on it. But this car drives nice, I've never had any problems with it since I've owned it. Everyone loves it and I can't bear the thought of trading it or selling it. It's been a dream car for me since I bought it in 2004."

One of the nicest cars to own for the money

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Pros: "Great price for a 4 door sports car"

Cons: "Goes thru tires about once every 15K miles"

"I remember back in 2003 I saw several commercials for this car. They had the monster coming out of the hood and the husband had to beat the monster back under the hood. I wanted this car. In 2007 I could afford one. I got it. This car drives very well with a hint of bad manners. It's a bit heavy in the front. I love the car. Unless you know what AMG is, you miss it. You get other sports cars get blown away by a sedan."

excellent, luxurious and dependable

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "design, luxurious interior and comfort"

Cons: "no lumbar support"

"This car is a beautiful automobile. The luxurious interior, exterior design and beautiful ride are superior to almost any vehicle I test drove before purchasing it used from a new car dealer. The only drawback is the high cost of dealer maintenance. But, otherwise I highly recommend this car over any other luxury make in its class."

Great car, want to keep it forever

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Good looking, fast, luxurious"

Cons: "Glove box drops too low - that's it!"