2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 641 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Best car I've had by FAR over 7 Lincolns and a few

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "back seats flip down for a HUGE trunk...!"

Cons: "More space in center console"

"Never had a car even close to this car!!! The engineering is impeccable. It does better on snow and ice than does my 4x4 truck, and rides like a pillow, AND is faster than heck with a 5.6 litre V8. I just want a newer one now!!!!"

get to know a mechanic

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "great engine - solid build"

Cons: "poor suspension and transmission"

"it's a solid car but it takes a lot of time, effort and money to keep them functioning properly on the road. transmission - $5660 radiator - $1200 wheel speed sensor - $401 trans pan gasket and AT plug - $400 (performed twice in a year). Tranmission mounts - $200 That's one year worth of repairs."

Solid Car - Built to Last

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Strong, long lasting car"

Cons: "The light color interior is very hard to clean"

"I have 132,000 miles on my 2006 and do nothing but oil changes. I have gone to the local Meinke for them and reduced my cost to $89.00 per change. They can reset the computer. I get almost 750 miles per tank of fuel, in Florida we have two speeds off and 80. We have alot of interstates and the car handles well at speed and is solid. I continue to hear and see many owners with 100's of thousands of miles with no issues. The paint looks like new, interior is ok. The issues with the car are known, all very minor things which seem to be common. I would buy it again."

Fast Vehicle E350

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "great drive"

Cons: "button on the console and door a very fragile and they cost a lot to replace."

"This car can really move. It has a lot of get up powere. The takeoff is great. I am a fast drivers and this car get can move. The sound system is great for road travel. It has a single cd and 6 dis changer..."

Just so so

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Overall, no major issues but many minor ones. Surprising high road noise while driving, was not expecting that from a MB. Harmon Kardon stereo was awful. An old Accord's sound was much better. And was far worse than, for instance, Maxima's Bose systems. The 2010 editions have improved the sound by adding 2 speakers and better iPod integration. The retail tires only last for around 20k miles before needing replacement. The driver side mirror started fading and cracked. Positives are the interior styling is nice and MB roadside service. Overall, I was a bit disappointed after three years of ownership."

mbnze500

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"great car! fast! safe! comfortable! reliable!"

E class with 5 liter

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"FANTASTIC car. I've owned two Jags and a C class MB, and none of them came close to this car. You will Love it!"

Never Again

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"This E320 4Matic Wagon was the third MB Wagon and the 5th MB overall that I have owned. It was also my last MB for the foreseeable future. I bought this wagon as a certified preowned with 37K miles and purchased the extended warranty coverage yet still sold it off after less than 1 year with less than 44K miles. The electrical was a constant nightmare, the seats sometimes stuck in position for no reason at all, the navigation system would shut down and the satellite radio would just cut off. I am not hard on cars -- no kids, no animals, a fourth car in a 2 person family. Avoid this model! Boy do I miss the reliability of the old MB brand -- and my 1987 turbo diesel wagon. Wish I had that one back!"

Love It..

By on Saturday, June 21, 2008

"I have been driving my MB E320 CDI for over two years now and LOVE it. The gas mileage is very sweet, EVEN with the price of diesel. My only complaint IF I have to voice one...the car does not handle as well as I would expect on wet pavement. My last car was an all wheel drive SUV so perhaps I just got used to the great ability to drive through anything. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat."

E320

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"This my first E-class. I have owned numerous BMWs for about ten years and did not like the "flame sculpting" body styling of the new BMWs. The E-class is a comfortable cruiser and is an excellent package. All automobiles have issues of one kind or another, so perfection is not achievable. My only criticism is that the resale value of the E-calss seems to be below average, when compared to other cars and that's disappointing, considering how much they cost new. Buying used is probably the way to go with MB."