2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 641 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Greatest Drives I had in years

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Dynamic, comfort, look, fast"

Cons: "It's a Mercedes, parts and repairs may be costly"

"This 2005 Mercedes E500 has been the nicest car I've owned. Comfort, speed, luxury. This car has it all. From the 5.0 V8 engine, to the comfortable leather seating. The dynamic suspension, at the push of a button you drive in comfort, and with the same button, you can lower the suspension to drive it like a sports car. This beauty really sticks to the road and I wouldn't feel safer in another car. I highly recommend this beauty."

German excellence

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"We have been buying Mercedes cars for over 30 years, first was a 1972 280 sel. The 2007 E 350 is the best yet. Power , good gas milage and excellent quality. Much better quality and relioability then the previous E300 we owned. We test drove Lexus, Infinity, bmw the Mercedes was by far the best of them all."

Injector Trouble

By on Monday, October 27, 2008

"True it was bad diesel, but the fuel filter failed to contain the contaminents. This caused 2 injectors to miss and cost me $2k to replace them. Not to mention lousy dealer service which is pretty much the norm with cutbacks these days."

Wouldn't buy E-Class Again.

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I have had this car for almost a year. I bought this used from a dealership and had no problems the first 6 months. It had 39000 miles the time I bought it. But now I have started having problems with the suspesion system. I hear the squiking noises and I have paid 2 visits to the workshop. I am just fed up with my Benz. Overall, I didn't expect a Benz to give me all these problems having that big of a name out there. I guess the prestige and name is not the same anymore since its been bought by Chrysler."

Sorry I traded My BMW

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"After owning 7 BMW's including an 03 M5, 02 M3 convertible, and 540i Sports and still put off by their current styling I thought it was time to consider a Mercedes. I looked a several but was seduced by the HP and torque of the E55. That is its strong point. I've owned my 05 now for two months and find that I don't like the instrumentation, the difficult computer, the fact that you can accidently activate the manual shift mode without knowing it, the navigation system, you can't select your preset radio channels from the steering column, and the very expensive routine mainteance costs. I also had Sirius satellite radio installed and that was another costly $1,100 mistake. Straight line performance the E55 can't be beat but when you consider you only do that once in a while stick with BMW! IMHO, stay away from this car!"

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I drove the 2008 E320 Bluetec from Stuttgart to Munich for five days in terrible rain. It handled superbly on the autobahn as well as the mountain back roads. The only drawback is that the wiper blades are not fast enough in heavy rains. The defogger worked, the road handling was superb and the power to handle the autobahn was there when called upon. The gas mileage was more than projected. Nice comfortable ride and easy to handle."

2008 Bluetec Diesel

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"Picked mine up last Friday. Beautiful and I'm getting better than 30 MPG in combined city/highway - commute is 50% each and in DC traffic that is something! Only disappointment is in the Bluetooth MHI. I can use multiple phones - one at a time - but the phone books does not sync. AWS - wirelss provider for MB wants to sell very high priced Razor phones - the kind you get for free! Bottomline - use the phone handsfree - it already has a telephone book in it!"

Luxury with performance

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"The E500 is no doubt a good looking luxurious car. The icing on the cake is that it runs like a scalded ape and handles better than a lot of sports cars. The ride is comfortable with plenty of room inside. It's quiet and has a great sound system. Long trips go by in a flash and daily commutes are stressless. I got 19 mpg around the city and 26 mpg on the highway at an average speed of 80 mph! I have the driving dynamic seats (which aren't available anymore I hear). Absolutely the best thing since sliced bread. There are only a few annoying issues I have with the car. One is the electrical engine cooling fan. When its running, it sounds like a 747 taking off if you're outside the car. Don't hear much inside the car. The other is active suspension which occasionally "farts" which sound like someone letting air out of a ballon by squeezing the outlet. Embarassing to say the least. In 4 years, there were a few electronic glitches but nothing the dealer couldn't fix or typical for any car with as many "bells and whistles," even a Lexyota. The style, luxury, performance and quality is superb. Despite the few issues, this is a great car and I highly recommend it!"

fantastic automobile

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "A really excellent car"

"2005 Mercedes E320 sedan white/wbeige interior command navigation, harmon kardon sound system four new tires heated front seats all power elec/sunroof elec rear sunshade luxury edition excellent condition inside and out 72,000 miles clean title"

I have owned several Benzos the E5honey is my favo

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Fast"

Cons: "no cell accessories"

"Comfortable and reliable"