2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 625 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Very Expensive Vehicle

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"We have owned this car since new, and have babied it. 113,000 miles, and here is the most recent repairs at Mercedes Dealer:Water Pump and Pulleys $700, SVS Brake Controller $1800, E service $1,000, Fuel Filter $600, Valve Covers leaking $1400, Sensor "Brain" for inter. wipers/lights/int.equip., $600, Leaking Rear Main seal $2200. The car books for around 10k.... This is our second one, the first one went back under the Lemon Law. I will never own another Mercedes, nor will I recommend to anyone."

Fun car to drive... but too much time in the shop

By on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"I have an '06 E55 AMG. After just over four years of driving, I've put 73k miles. I love this car dearly--it is an absolute pleasure to drive... when it's working properly... This vehicle has had an unbelievable number visits to the shop! I've dealt with minor electrical issues involving the turn signals, and the sun roof and the battery began going out after 2 1/2 yrs... a bit premature considering it's supposed to be a 4 year battery. Those were annoying issues, but didn't hault me from getting to my destination. However, the major repairs included a faulty supercharger boost sensor, mass air flow sensor, the replacement of various engine pullies 9 different times before 50k. The problem was finally resolved (the belt was riding toward the edge of the pulley causing it to go out) and I haven't had any issues for the last 20k. I've had the suspension worked on four times. The first two were under warranty at 40k miles and one more time just before the warranty expired at 50k miles. The third suspension issue was costly and involved rebuilding the front left side at 60k. The fourth time happened today when the airomatic suspension system went out on my front passenger side causing the wheel to rub in the wheel well. Basically, I've had it... I'm trading this vehicle in as soon as the repairs are complete. Don't buy an MB vehicle with the air suspension or all of the bells and whistles--it's complete garbage! Each convenience feature is one more thing that will break... If I do buy another, I won't keep it past the warranty. I've spent thousands on repairs that would never have happened on a Lexus or Infiniti with twice the miles. I would have never kept this car this long, but I was too hooked on how fun it is to drive!!"

problem vehicle from the beginning

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"We purchansed this vehicle based on Mercedes reputation. It has been an disaster from the beginning. The electrical system was fraught with problems right from the start. Now 5 yrs. later with only 26K miles, it has needed to have a master bolt replaced, tires replaced, the electronic stabalization system replaced, and now the electronic starter and the related system is down. The mechanic at the dealership told me to never buy an E class, but rather to buy a C class as the repair rate is much lower. I am very disappointed with this car and would never recommend it to anyone."

Class Ride

By on Saturday, July 04, 2009

"Purchased a used one with 75K miles. Now have over 100K miles. Only problem was burned out light bulb. Very pleased with ride and comfort. Excellent road car for long trips. Very pleased with fuel economy. Plan to buy a new one when this one hits 200K miles. You can really tell the favorable difference between this and American/Japanese cars."

E500

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Minor problems that require the dealer to fix. Every dealer visit is a 3 day affair. On top of that, MB always wants to do some kind of service. If these cars can't go 100,000 miles with nothing more than a fluid and brake change, then what do you get for $64,000? When my '95 Chevy pickup goes 210,000 miles with minimal service, then why should anybody buy a MB? If you do, then keep a Chevy in the garage as a spare."