2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 632 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Wood, Leather

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "You feel like a million bucks, surrounded by leather and burled wood!"

Cons: "Everybody assumes that you're rich -- while you think you just found a good value."

"We have been driving our 2007 MB-E320 Bluetec for over 2 years. We can't say enough about the total reliability and elegance of this car! It is loaded with "creature comforts" that make it a pleasure to drive, or ride in. In addition to being my comfortable daily driver for work, we have thoroughly enjoyed long trips using the navigational system, heated, power seats, sensational sound system and integrated phone. Everything is easy, pleasant and elegant. Not to mention excellent gas mileage! On trips we average 32-34mpg. We will definitely remain MB customers, for life!"

Well built

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Cons: "Headlights wear down quickly"

"Bought this car from my dad with 110,000 miles on it. He never had any issues with it in the first 100k miles and I haven't had any issues since. Great acceleration and superior handling going into its 10th year."

The E500 is a solid well made sedan.

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Fast, solid, very predictable handling,"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain if dealer dependent"

"I purchased my 2004 E500 used in 2006 with just 3400 miles on it from Herb Gordon Mercedes in Maryland. This car has delivered 130,000 miles without any serious problems. Sure the minor stuff wore out, like a few oxygen sensors and the rear bellows at 131,000 mile mark. Maintenance is easy, oil changes every 10,000 miles and transmission fluid changes every 40,000 miles. Some owners are having transmission and electrical problems, mine has been fine. The engine in these cars seem to be bullet proof. Mine is still very strong and gets 26 mpg with the cruise control at 70 mph. Living in Florida, A/C is important. The majority of older BMW's I see have overheated occupants in a sagging car, not MB. The suspension is excellent. At the 110,000 mile mark I told the dealer to check out the car from front to back, basically offering a blank check. Recommendations were: 2 ball joints and spark plug change-that was all. The E500 is a very well made car and with the exception of some electrical problems and a few reported transmission problems these are excellent cars. Smooth, solid, fast and have excellent grip for a big sedan. If you are considering one get an E550 2007 or later. Steering, brakes and engine have been improved. Get a low mileage good one and you'll be pleased. But beware, these cars are not Toyotas; they require attentive maintenance and if you are dealer dependent then you should factor in a few maintenance dollars into your operating costs."

Best car ever!!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "mpg, convenience, simplicity, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "resale value, somewhat dull styling"

"I bought this car new in february of 2008 and have not had one problem since. With the diesel engine I have achieved 38 miles per gallon a couple times. The navigation and technology is incredibly easy to use, the ride is smooth, and with 80,000 miles showing on the clock the other day, it feels like it just left the dealership. I have not had any problems except things like headlights and taillights which are normal repairs. I have always had it serviced with my Mercedes dealership and have all the service records. this is by far one of my favorite cars I have ever owned, among many as I am 54 years old. I plan on keeping this car to over 250,000 miles, that is how much I trust it."

They Don't Get Any Better than THIS!

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

"I have owned hundeds of cars in my lifetime and this one tops them all. Always bought S class and SL's. Have owned all of the BMW's and Jaguars. At age 58, decided to just buy a nice toy. I found this 2003 E320 with 180,000 miles a few months ago and have had nothing but pleasure. I had never owned a car with over 100K but was always aware of the E320 reliability. I'm SOLD!!! She drives as good as my 2007 S Class. Not one complaint. Just drove it from Chi to Vegas without any reservations. Sensational Ride. Plan to go at least another 180,000 miles. Haven't bought anything but gas (30 MPG)"

Pure Indulgence

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Classy, runs smooth, reliable"

Cons: "Expensive to fix."

"I love, love, love my E320. I have had it for 7 years. It's the longest I have ever owned a vehicle and I NEVER want it to die. I will keep it for as long as it runs. It has NEVER let me down. Sure it needs a batterie(ies) or breaks or tires now and then, but it is class, style, substance and gorgeous. Driving this anywhere is pure elegance and grace. I am so fortunate to own this car!"

My first Mercedes, and I was impressed.

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"This was my first Mercedes after having two(2) BMW's previously. The comfort of the ride and the handling characteristics are unbeatable. I would get excellent gas mileage,24-28 mpg on the highway. I kept the car garaged and never let it set outside in the hot sun. The exterior and interior are in excellent shape. No scrapes or scratches. 77,000 miles for a 13 year old car of this type is very low average miles. It should be a very good car for many years to come."

I've owned Benz for 25 year and this is fun!

By on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pros: "appearance, construction, fuel economy, comfort, transmission,"

Cons: "A little too soft in the ride, yup the cup holders are inconvenient."

"I own a BluTec and drive fast and with a purpose, I enjoy driving! Have owned ML 320's and ML350 Special Edition, a 420, a 190, a 300SL, a 300E, and am happy to say the 300 BluTec is super fun. Tremendous torque, pulls mountains and accelerates uphill like a vehicle with much greater HP. Not a solid cornering vehicle in the mountains at 70-80mph but the stock tire width holds with no problem, takes some getting used to if you've been driving a true sports car. Top end craps out about 130MPH, but give me break that's got to be enough. MPG with the diesel averages 36-37, and on long trips I documented 40MPG. With current fuel prices I figure I'm paying half of premium fuel price per gallon. Inside, with 4 people, we're very comfortable, a 5th person is going to hate life. This is a sharp ride and people comment on it's appearance, but they go nuts when you tell them it's diesel, a common comment is "it doesn't sound like a diesel." With zero unscheduled maintenance the E300 runs flawlessly. One nasty is the $400 to change the fuel filter, but this isn't just any diesel, it's a Benz and that's as good as it gets so take care of the normal maintenance. If you like quality construction and want see it in the flesh, look under the rocker panels on this car, they're galvanized. That's quality."

Very Expensive Vehicle

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"We have owned this car since new, and have babied it. 113,000 miles, and here is the most recent repairs at Mercedes Dealer:Water Pump and Pulleys $700, SVS Brake Controller $1800, E service $1,000, Fuel Filter $600, Valve Covers leaking $1400, Sensor "Brain" for inter. wipers/lights/int.equip., $600, Leaking Rear Main seal $2200. The car books for around 10k.... This is our second one, the first one went back under the Lemon Law. I will never own another Mercedes, nor will I recommend to anyone."

Fun car to drive... but too much time in the shop

By on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"I have an '06 E55 AMG. After just over four years of driving, I've put 73k miles. I love this car dearly--it is an absolute pleasure to drive... when it's working properly... This vehicle has had an unbelievable number visits to the shop! I've dealt with minor electrical issues involving the turn signals, and the sun roof and the battery began going out after 2 1/2 yrs... a bit premature considering it's supposed to be a 4 year battery. Those were annoying issues, but didn't hault me from getting to my destination. However, the major repairs included a faulty supercharger boost sensor, mass air flow sensor, the replacement of various engine pullies 9 different times before 50k. The problem was finally resolved (the belt was riding toward the edge of the pulley causing it to go out) and I haven't had any issues for the last 20k. I've had the suspension worked on four times. The first two were under warranty at 40k miles and one more time just before the warranty expired at 50k miles. The third suspension issue was costly and involved rebuilding the front left side at 60k. The fourth time happened today when the airomatic suspension system went out on my front passenger side causing the wheel to rub in the wheel well. Basically, I've had it... I'm trading this vehicle in as soon as the repairs are complete. Don't buy an MB vehicle with the air suspension or all of the bells and whistles--it's complete garbage! Each convenience feature is one more thing that will break... If I do buy another, I won't keep it past the warranty. I've spent thousands on repairs that would never have happened on a Lexus or Infiniti with twice the miles. I would have never kept this car this long, but I was too hooked on how fun it is to drive!!"