2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 642 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Amazing ride!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, amazing acceleration and handling,"

Cons: "Not cheap to maintain"

"I bought this at 116K miles. I'm the second owner of the car. It's been extremely good in long distance cruises, you won't feel tired.It's incredibly spacious and comfortable. You can drive it fast if you want, but you don't feel like it. You'd just like to drive at a medium pace and enjoy the luxury feel of this amazing car. I've a 2003 E320 (gasoline, not diesel) and I get 31 mpg on the highway. The only issue I've had so far is one of my catalytic converters started to rattle. Apart from that it drives like a brand-new car to this day. I think it's important to buy a car that has perfect maintenance records. My car has never been maintained outside a Mercedes Benz dealer and I do the same. As long as you maintain this car well, it will last very long."

German excellence

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"We have been buying Mercedes cars for over 30 years, first was a 1972 280 sel. The 2007 E 350 is the best yet. Power , good gas milage and excellent quality. Much better quality and relioability then the previous E300 we owned. We test drove Lexus, Infinity, bmw the Mercedes was by far the best of them all."

Class Ride

By on Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Purchased a used one with 75K miles. Now have over 100K miles. Only problem was burned out light bulb. Very pleased with ride and comfort. Excellent road car for long trips. Very pleased with fuel economy. Plan to buy a new one when this one hits 200K miles. You can really tell the favorable difference between this and American/Japanese cars."

I've owned Benz for 25 year and this is fun!

By on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pros: "appearance, construction, fuel economy, comfort, transmission,"

Cons: "A little too soft in the ride, yup the cup holders are inconvenient."

"I own a BluTec and drive fast and with a purpose, I enjoy driving! Have owned ML 320's and ML350 Special Edition, a 420, a 190, a 300SL, a 300E, and am happy to say the 300 BluTec is super fun. Tremendous torque, pulls mountains and accelerates uphill like a vehicle with much greater HP. Not a solid cornering vehicle in the mountains at 70-80mph but the stock tire width holds with no problem, takes some getting used to if you've been driving a true sports car. Top end craps out about 130MPH, but give me break that's got to be enough. MPG with the diesel averages 36-37, and on long trips I documented 40MPG. With current fuel prices I figure I'm paying half of premium fuel price per gallon. Inside, with 4 people, we're very comfortable, a 5th person is going to hate life. This is a sharp ride and people comment on it's appearance, but they go nuts when you tell them it's diesel, a common comment is "it doesn't sound like a diesel." With zero unscheduled maintenance the E300 runs flawlessly. One nasty is the $400 to change the fuel filter, but this isn't just any diesel, it's a Benz and that's as good as it gets so take care of the normal maintenance. If you like quality construction and want see it in the flesh, look under the rocker panels on this car, they're galvanized. That's quality."

Injector Trouble

By on Monday, October 27, 2008

"True it was bad diesel, but the fuel filter failed to contain the contaminents. This caused 2 injectors to miss and cost me $2k to replace them. Not to mention lousy dealer service which is pretty much the norm with cutbacks these days."