• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 601 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Cons: "Does not make coffee!"

"When I bought this car I had done my research and I knew this was the vehicle I wanted. For the value of the vehicle, this car is priceless. It was a major upgrade from what I was previously driving. The cruise is fabulous, the entertainment is classic, the Auto AC is out of this world. Did I mention the heater on the leather seats? Maintenance cost is lower than I had thought - once a year for $600 there's nothing like it, the navigation system, the phone system - honestly I think this is the best MB has ever made. I'm hitting 97k miles on it now, and I'm stuck with it. I just love it. I hope MB is considering a coffee maker in the next E350 model!"

Cons: "Does not make coffee!"

"When I bought this car I was not sure wqhat Iwas getting myself into. But as usual, I had done my research and I knew this was the vehicle I wanted. For the value of the vehicle, this car is priceless. It was a major upgrade from what I was previously used to. The cruise is fabulous, the entertainment is classic, the Auto AC is out of this world. Did I mention the heater on the leather seats? and the navigation system the phone system honestly I think this is the best MB ever made. I'm hitting 97k miles on it now, and I'm stuck with it. I just love it. Maintenance is lower than I had thought - once a year for $600 there's nothing like it. I hope MB is considering a coffee maker in the next E350 model!"

Best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "radio and phone controls on the steering wheel"

Cons: "No cons"

"I bought this vehicle new from a dealership. The first 4 years it was under warranty, full warranty. I never went in for anything other than regular maintenance. NOTHING ever broke, or came apart or anything. 10 years later, this wonderful vehicle only requires regular maintenance. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I use it for long drives to L.A. or San Diego. (from the Bay Area). It is fantastic on gas. (30 mpg on the highway). It is supremely comfortable. It is quiet in the cab and on the road. In a rainstorm, driving on the freeway, feels like you're looking out at a movie screen of a rainstorm when you look out the windshield. The cab is quiet, temperature is custom set, noise is outside, not inside, ride is quiet and comfortable and safe. The world is outside, and inside this vehicle, you and your family are safe and comfortable. This vehicle is awesome. Buy one."

Perfect design for me

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Owning experience, dealer service always. Safe."

Cons: "Windshield wipers wear out quickly"

"I've owned two MB after 30 other cars over the last 40+ years. This E350 4matic is the best balance of safety, dependability and prestige that I have found. When the new 2010 version came out I drove one. It was very nice but the styling changes were not for me. We have 86k now and I'm well aware of the increasing cost for replacement of suspension and drivetrain components, but have recently decided to budget for those costs and spend the money to keep this car. I'm anticipating about 10K will be required to maintain the mechanical and appearance for the next ten years so do the math. That's far less than it would cost to buy a new car of just about any brand and my Benz is still better than any other 65K or less new car in many ways. I really appreciate it's lack of gadgets and complicated technology. It's just a great car."

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "dewqefedfc"

Cons: "wefew"

"just a such great car"

Its been the best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, class and no extra maintenance required."

Cons: "nothing to report"

"I do not drive often that's probably why I only have 42K miles on it. But this car drives nice, I've never had any problems with it since I've owned it. Everyone loves it and I can't bear the thought of trading it or selling it. It's been a dream car for me since I bought it in 2004."

Pure Indulgence

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Classy, runs smooth, reliable"

Cons: "Expensive to fix."

"I love, love, love my E320. I have had it for 7 years. It's the longest I have ever owned a vehicle and I NEVER want it to die. I will keep it for as long as it runs. It has NEVER let me down. Sure it needs a batterie(ies) or breaks or tires now and then, but it is class, style, substance and gorgeous. Driving this anywhere is pure elegance and grace. I am so fortunate to own this car!"

Best and most enjoyable car I haver ever owned.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "no cons"

"You can't get a better car for the money. Handles great and is very comfortable. Powerful, fuel efficient v-6 with v-8 power. I will buy another."

terrific vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Pros: "great quality, looks great"

Cons: "navigation system is a bit difficult to use."

"No trouble, comfort and convenience. It is solid, reliable and terrific."

One of the nicest cars to own for the money

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Pros: "Great price for a 4 door sports car"

Cons: "Goes thru tires about once every 15K miles"

"I remember back in 2003 I saw several commercials for this car. They had the monster coming out of the hood and the husband had to beat the monster back under the hood. I wanted this car. In 2007 I could afford one. I got it. This car drives very well with a hint of bad manners. It's a bit heavy in the front. I love the car. Unless you know what AMG is, you miss it. You get other sports cars get blown away by a sedan."

Awesome

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, powerful,fun"

Cons: "None yet"

"2009 e350 4 matic AMG package, a joy to drive, sports car and luxury car in one."

Quality of Greatness

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, head turner, fast, well built"

Cons: "I only wish I had two of them"

"Quality car, fun to drive super fast!!!"

Best car ever

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "Mileage comfort value"

Cons: "Expensive service and repairs"

"I have owned 320 Bluetec since new and consider it the best car I have ever owned, above the BMWs Lexus's etc. The MB seats are by far the best for a bad back. The diesel delivers 35 MPG at 70 mph. I can't figure why Americans don't get diesels. You can't tell except that you drive right past the gas stations with >700 mile range."

The best car ever, buy one and see

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Build quality, safety in design, solid feel, fun"

Cons: "regular maintenance costs"

"We have owned this 2006 E350 since 'nearly new', it was a dealer 'demo'. Only one problem, a fuel sensor switch ($300.00). Even this didn't cause a problem we only new about it via a check engine light. A perfect family car that still looks and drives like new. If maintenance were a little less expensive, and if I liked the new interior design (yuk)we would buy a new one. We'll keep this until we get bored (never) of it. What a fantastic car (I'm already scared that writing this will jinx us)"

The perfect driving machine (sorry BMW)

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pros: "All of aforementioned."

Cons: "As aforementioned"

"I love my car. I have driven up and down California in it, and across to Vegas from SF, all around the Bay Area including the seven steep hills within SF along with the dangerous inside city driving that includes bicycles, trams, busses, scooters, pedestrians etc where everyone seems to have right of way. This car is perfect. Stops on a dime, clear visibility out of all windows without blind spots, nimble steering and a transmission so smooth you forget it is working all the time. I have been surprised by gas mileage too, averaging 27-28 on my long haul trips and 19 in the city. Plenty of room in the backseat (we were five, with 4 nearly 6") on our last roadtrip (to Vegas). Massive trunk. And if music is your thing, this system (Harmon....) is as good as anything from Bose or B"

excellent, luxurious and dependable

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "design, luxurious interior and comfort"

Cons: "no lumbar support"

"This car is a beautiful automobile. The luxurious interior, exterior design and beautiful ride are superior to almost any vehicle I test drove before purchasing it used from a new car dealer. The only drawback is the high cost of dealer maintenance. But, otherwise I highly recommend this car over any other luxury make in its class."

Perfect blend of SUV and sedan

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "cargo capacity, excellent ride, great sound system"

"I needed the room of an SUV, but with a lower stance to accommodate elderly parents who could no longer get into my SUV. This is the answer, as no American manufacturer currently has a similar offering. Excellent ride characteristics, flexible cargo space and killer sound system!"

Best car ever!!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "mpg, convenience, simplicity, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "resale value, somewhat dull styling"

"I bought this car new in february of 2008 and have not had one problem since. With the diesel engine I have achieved 38 miles per gallon a couple times. The navigation and technology is incredibly easy to use, the ride is smooth, and with 80,000 miles showing on the clock the other day, it feels like it just left the dealership. I have not had any problems except things like headlights and taillights which are normal repairs. I have always had it serviced with my Mercedes dealership and have all the service records. this is by far one of my favorite cars I have ever owned, among many as I am 54 years old. I plan on keeping this car to over 250,000 miles, that is how much I trust it."

Great

By on Thursday, May 03, 2012

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "better gas milage, cup hols could be placed else w"

"I always owned Jaguars, never again. ride,comfort and style can't compare to the e-class"

Great car, want to keep it forever

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Good looking, fast, luxurious"

Cons: "Glove box drops too low - that's it!"

Well built

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Cons: "Headlights wear down quickly"

"Bought this car from my dad with 110,000 miles on it. He never had any issues with it in the first 100k miles and I haven't had any issues since. Great acceleration and superior handling going into its 10th year."

Great Highway cruiser but terrible in the corners.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, fast for a 3.5L, well built."

Cons: "Lousy handling, cheap plastic ac vents (broken)."

"Comfortable long hall highway cruiser but completely falls apart in even the most gentle turns. Wind tends to buffet the body more than one might expect for a car this massive. Controls easily accessible and visually appealing. Backseat more crowded that expected but still comfy for those not exceeding 5'6". Great styling but suspension needs some serious retuning. Recommend driving the sport package version first if considering this vehicle!!! Surprisingly great mileage (24.8 mpg computer average) over life of car (140,000 miles)- have seen mileage computer display 31mpg on long trips. Major problem with oil consumption (1 qt consumed every 4K miles) since we've owned the car (50K miles) which the dealer says is normal consumption for Mercedes across the entire lineup based on "engineered design". I don't accept this explanation. This is not "Normal" for any vehicle unless and until it reaches a very high mileage threshold. This is why my rating is as low as it is on this particular E350. Mechanically well made otherwise..."

Great car! no problems

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"N.ever done anything to my E Class except tires and oil changes. Most road trips I got over 27 mpg. Very sporty drive but also very compfortable."

my best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "great price fun to drive"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"very good condition"