• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 622 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Fantastic fuel mileage, superior ride quality

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Great power, fuel mileage and luxurious"

Cons: "Pricey turbo charger replacement"

"I have driven this car for two years. It was a one-owner when purchased. The car has been very dependable, aside from having to replace a pricey turbo charger, the car has been fabulous. The power off the line is very surprising. I get approximately 500 miles to a tank of fuel!! It even has massaging seats!! Overall, the ride is very Mercedes-like, the drive is tight and the surroundings are very supple."

Superb

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"You would never know it is a diesel until you see the MPG. 36 on the highway and 22+ in town. No smell, no noise, instant starting and incredible acceleration. I can burn the tires from a stop and pass with no hesitation. Pricey? Yes, but you feel safe and secure. This car is Mercedes all the way. Beautiful fit and finish. Timeless style. I can see it lasting many years and still being way ahead of other sedans. Maintenance? None. It goes 13,000 miles between oil changes."

Terrific Vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "MPG, reliable, comfortable, huge trunk space"

Cons: "Light switch is not illuminated"

"This is my wife's car and she loves it. Consistently gets over 30 mpg. Accelerates like a muscle car, sips fuel like a compact. Comfortable ride, well laid out interior, and good looking."

The best car ever, buy one and see

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Build quality, safety in design, solid feel, fun"

Cons: "regular maintenance costs"

"We have owned this 2006 E350 since 'nearly new', it was a dealer 'demo'. Only one problem, a fuel sensor switch ($300.00). Even this didn't cause a problem we only new about it via a check engine light. A perfect family car that still looks and drives like new. If maintenance were a little less expensive, and if I liked the new interior design (yuk)we would buy a new one. We'll keep this until we get bored (never) of it. What a fantastic car (I'm already scared that writing this will jinx us)"

Best car ever!!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "mpg, convenience, simplicity, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "resale value, somewhat dull styling"

"I bought this car new in february of 2008 and have not had one problem since. With the diesel engine I have achieved 38 miles per gallon a couple times. The navigation and technology is incredibly easy to use, the ride is smooth, and with 80,000 miles showing on the clock the other day, it feels like it just left the dealership. I have not had any problems except things like headlights and taillights which are normal repairs. I have always had it serviced with my Mercedes dealership and have all the service records. this is by far one of my favorite cars I have ever owned, among many as I am 54 years old. I plan on keeping this car to over 250,000 miles, that is how much I trust it."