2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 621 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

a friendly reminder

By on Sunday, June 29, 2008

"These cars a joy to drive and have excellent fuel economy. My 2007 e350 sport has been both fun/practical. Over the past 22 months and has had no drivability or mechanical issues. After the first year I usually find something wrong with anything including past my toyotas/honda-acuras but not this car. I have averaged 22-25mpg with a/c on between 80-90mph mixed driving. When you need to fly the 7sp auto just moves out.. This is Benz # 7..I can't wait for # 8. I have driven and owned BMW/Lexus, for everyday satisfaction they don't compare. Lexus great car without a real SOUL. BMW fun at the beginning but later something else. If you want real overall value try a E-class. You won't regret it."

Great Diesel Driving

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Quality: design, materials, paint, upholstery"

Cons: "can be expensive to maintain and repair"

"My car is very nice after 127000 miles and 8 years: upholstery still looks new, paint still very shiny. Quality is all over this one. It is not a cheap car, but you get what you pay for. Well, sometimes, at least. These cars are somewhat expensive to maintain but, if you can afford it, they will stay with you for the long term. There are lower-cost alternatives to most dealer services; really this car has proven to not be more complex than about any upscale modern car. Example: dealer asked $534 parts and labor to replace two upper front ball joints. I bought them from a Mercedes-Benz dealer on-line, for $99, and it took me, an amateur mechanic, less than an hour and no special tools to install them. I also change my own oil, filter, and fuel and air filters. The oil is a special Mobil1, and it can cost $8 to $10 per quart, it takes 8 quarts, but it goes 12,000 miles between changes. I had occasion to remove the oil pan recently, and the engine was perfectly clean inside, so I trust the oil and the change interval. car has more then plenty of power, not slow at all like Mercedes Diesels used to be."

Great car

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Mercedes E 350 is truly a great car. However, it's not for everyday driving. I believe it is over priced and only gets 22 to 23 mpg on the highway. But it does give a great ride and is very reliable with great road performance."

The perfect driving machine (sorry BMW)

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pros: "All of aforementioned."

Cons: "As aforementioned"

"I love my car. I have driven up and down California in it, and across to Vegas from SF, all around the Bay Area including the seven steep hills within SF along with the dangerous inside city driving that includes bicycles, trams, busses, scooters, pedestrians etc where everyone seems to have right of way. This car is perfect. Stops on a dime, clear visibility out of all windows without blind spots, nimble steering and a transmission so smooth you forget it is working all the time. I have been surprised by gas mileage too, averaging 27-28 on my long haul trips and 19 in the city. Plenty of room in the backseat (we were five, with 4 nearly 6") on our last roadtrip (to Vegas). Massive trunk. And if music is your thing, this system (Harmon....) is as good as anything from Bose or B"

Wood, Leather

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "You feel like a million bucks, surrounded by leather and burled wood!"

Cons: "Everybody assumes that you're rich -- while you think you just found a good value."

"We have been driving our 2007 MB-E320 Bluetec for over 2 years. We can't say enough about the total reliability and elegance of this car! It is loaded with "creature comforts" that make it a pleasure to drive, or ride in. In addition to being my comfortable daily driver for work, we have thoroughly enjoyed long trips using the navigational system, heated, power seats, sensational sound system and integrated phone. Everything is easy, pleasant and elegant. Not to mention excellent gas mileage! On trips we average 32-34mpg. We will definitely remain MB customers, for life!"

Fantastic fuel mileage, superior ride quality

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Great power, fuel mileage and luxurious"

Cons: "Pricey turbo charger replacement"

"I have driven this car for two years. It was a one-owner when purchased. The car has been very dependable, aside from having to replace a pricey turbo charger, the car has been fabulous. The power off the line is very surprising. I get approximately 500 miles to a tank of fuel!! It even has massaging seats!! Overall, the ride is very Mercedes-like, the drive is tight and the surroundings are very supple."

Superb

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"You would never know it is a diesel until you see the MPG. 36 on the highway and 22+ in town. No smell, no noise, instant starting and incredible acceleration. I can burn the tires from a stop and pass with no hesitation. Pricey? Yes, but you feel safe and secure. This car is Mercedes all the way. Beautiful fit and finish. Timeless style. I can see it lasting many years and still being way ahead of other sedans. Maintenance? None. It goes 13,000 miles between oil changes."

Terrific Vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "MPG, reliable, comfortable, huge trunk space"

Cons: "Light switch is not illuminated"

"This is my wife's car and she loves it. Consistently gets over 30 mpg. Accelerates like a muscle car, sips fuel like a compact. Comfortable ride, well laid out interior, and good looking."

The best car ever, buy one and see

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Build quality, safety in design, solid feel, fun"

Cons: "regular maintenance costs"

"We have owned this 2006 E350 since 'nearly new', it was a dealer 'demo'. Only one problem, a fuel sensor switch ($300.00). Even this didn't cause a problem we only new about it via a check engine light. A perfect family car that still looks and drives like new. If maintenance were a little less expensive, and if I liked the new interior design (yuk)we would buy a new one. We'll keep this until we get bored (never) of it. What a fantastic car (I'm already scared that writing this will jinx us)"

Best car ever!!

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "mpg, convenience, simplicity, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "resale value, somewhat dull styling"

"I bought this car new in february of 2008 and have not had one problem since. With the diesel engine I have achieved 38 miles per gallon a couple times. The navigation and technology is incredibly easy to use, the ride is smooth, and with 80,000 miles showing on the clock the other day, it feels like it just left the dealership. I have not had any problems except things like headlights and taillights which are normal repairs. I have always had it serviced with my Mercedes dealership and have all the service records. this is by far one of my favorite cars I have ever owned, among many as I am 54 years old. I plan on keeping this car to over 250,000 miles, that is how much I trust it."