2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 631 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Injector Trouble

By on Monday, October 27, 2008

"True it was bad diesel, but the fuel filter failed to contain the contaminents. This caused 2 injectors to miss and cost me $2k to replace them. Not to mention lousy dealer service which is pretty much the norm with cutbacks these days."

Wouldn't buy E-Class Again.

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I have had this car for almost a year. I bought this used from a dealership and had no problems the first 6 months. It had 39000 miles the time I bought it. But now I have started having problems with the suspesion system. I hear the squiking noises and I have paid 2 visits to the workshop. I am just fed up with my Benz. Overall, I didn't expect a Benz to give me all these problems having that big of a name out there. I guess the prestige and name is not the same anymore since its been bought by Chrysler."

Sorry I traded My BMW

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"After owning 7 BMW's including an 03 M5, 02 M3 convertible, and 540i Sports and still put off by their current styling I thought it was time to consider a Mercedes. I looked a several but was seduced by the HP and torque of the E55. That is its strong point. I've owned my 05 now for two months and find that I don't like the instrumentation, the difficult computer, the fact that you can accidently activate the manual shift mode without knowing it, the navigation system, you can't select your preset radio channels from the steering column, and the very expensive routine mainteance costs. I also had Sirius satellite radio installed and that was another costly $1,100 mistake. Straight line performance the E55 can't be beat but when you consider you only do that once in a while stick with BMW! IMHO, stay away from this car!"

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I drove the 2008 E320 Bluetec from Stuttgart to Munich for five days in terrible rain. It handled superbly on the autobahn as well as the mountain back roads. The only drawback is that the wiper blades are not fast enough in heavy rains. The defogger worked, the road handling was superb and the power to handle the autobahn was there when called upon. The gas mileage was more than projected. Nice comfortable ride and easy to handle."

E320 CDI

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"Best car I've ever had. It is very fast and phenomenal mileage. I get 25 in town and 38 on the hwy at 70mph. Quiet and comfortable with almost no diesel noise."