2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 631 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

problem vehicle from the beginning

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"We purchansed this vehicle based on Mercedes reputation. It has been an disaster from the beginning. The electrical system was fraught with problems right from the start. Now 5 yrs. later with only 26K miles, it has needed to have a master bolt replaced, tires replaced, the electronic stabalization system replaced, and now the electronic starter and the related system is down. The mechanic at the dealership told me to never buy an E class, but rather to buy a C class as the repair rate is much lower. I am very disappointed with this car and would never recommend it to anyone."

Class Ride

By on Saturday, July 04, 2009

"Purchased a used one with 75K miles. Now have over 100K miles. Only problem was burned out light bulb. Very pleased with ride and comfort. Excellent road car for long trips. Very pleased with fuel economy. Plan to buy a new one when this one hits 200K miles. You can really tell the favorable difference between this and American/Japanese cars."

E500

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Minor problems that require the dealer to fix. Every dealer visit is a 3 day affair. On top of that, MB always wants to do some kind of service. If these cars can't go 100,000 miles with nothing more than a fluid and brake change, then what do you get for $64,000? When my '95 Chevy pickup goes 210,000 miles with minimal service, then why should anybody buy a MB? If you do, then keep a Chevy in the garage as a spare."

Greatest Drives I had in years

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Dynamic, comfort, look, fast"

Cons: "It's a Mercedes, parts and repairs may be costly"

"This 2005 Mercedes E500 has been the nicest car I've owned. Comfort, speed, luxury. This car has it all. From the 5.0 V8 engine, to the comfortable leather seating. The dynamic suspension, at the push of a button you drive in comfort, and with the same button, you can lower the suspension to drive it like a sports car. This beauty really sticks to the road and I wouldn't feel safer in another car. I highly recommend this beauty."

German excellence

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"We have been buying Mercedes cars for over 30 years, first was a 1972 280 sel. The 2007 E 350 is the best yet. Power , good gas milage and excellent quality. Much better quality and relioability then the previous E300 we owned. We test drove Lexus, Infinity, bmw the Mercedes was by far the best of them all."

Injector Trouble

By on Monday, October 27, 2008

"True it was bad diesel, but the fuel filter failed to contain the contaminents. This caused 2 injectors to miss and cost me $2k to replace them. Not to mention lousy dealer service which is pretty much the norm with cutbacks these days."

Wouldn't buy E-Class Again.

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I have had this car for almost a year. I bought this used from a dealership and had no problems the first 6 months. It had 39000 miles the time I bought it. But now I have started having problems with the suspesion system. I hear the squiking noises and I have paid 2 visits to the workshop. I am just fed up with my Benz. Overall, I didn't expect a Benz to give me all these problems having that big of a name out there. I guess the prestige and name is not the same anymore since its been bought by Chrysler."

Sorry I traded My BMW

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"After owning 7 BMW's including an 03 M5, 02 M3 convertible, and 540i Sports and still put off by their current styling I thought it was time to consider a Mercedes. I looked a several but was seduced by the HP and torque of the E55. That is its strong point. I've owned my 05 now for two months and find that I don't like the instrumentation, the difficult computer, the fact that you can accidently activate the manual shift mode without knowing it, the navigation system, you can't select your preset radio channels from the steering column, and the very expensive routine mainteance costs. I also had Sirius satellite radio installed and that was another costly $1,100 mistake. Straight line performance the E55 can't be beat but when you consider you only do that once in a while stick with BMW! IMHO, stay away from this car!"

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I drove the 2008 E320 Bluetec from Stuttgart to Munich for five days in terrible rain. It handled superbly on the autobahn as well as the mountain back roads. The only drawback is that the wiper blades are not fast enough in heavy rains. The defogger worked, the road handling was superb and the power to handle the autobahn was there when called upon. The gas mileage was more than projected. Nice comfortable ride and easy to handle."

E320 CDI

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"Best car I've ever had. It is very fast and phenomenal mileage. I get 25 in town and 38 on the hwy at 70mph. Quiet and comfortable with almost no diesel noise."