• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 476 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

So much fun. So reliable. A classic!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Classic look. Great paint."

Cons: "At 10 years old the air cannot be inexpensively re"

"Totally worth the money. We are hard on cars and our Mercedes E320 is lasting through all the wear and tear. The repair cost vs the mileage is remarkable. Our air is out and not worth fixing, but I would drive cross country on a cool day in a minute... No worries! I expect it to work past 300,000 miles just keep up with oil changes."

I love my car

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"I have owned this turbo-diesel for several years now. It is my first car besides hand-me-down loaners from family and it has been and is a great car. It drives great, is like a tank and gets surprisingly good mileage for how heavy and old it is (25-28 mpg). I love the quirky features like the pop-up cup holder and the keypad radio buttons that allow you to type in a particular station. There is even a button to drop all three rear seat headrests; so random. I even like the tape deck because it allows me to use a tape converter for my iPhone that has greater sound fidelity than the over the radio adapters. It has a comfortable ride and handles great even at 15 years old."

Cons: "Rust on BODY of vehicle"

"This is a Beautiful Vehicle, my personal opinion is that it was designed for a man verses a woman (the seating and the front of the vehicle designed for tall individuals). It has a great engine. The interior is nice. Only complaint, since I am original owner- THE RUST on the door. Mercedes products are suppose to be high quality and for the price why????? The trunk is very roomy and back seat has lots of room for a child seat and passenger. Totally love this vehicle, just wish the body did NOT have RUST and that the company would stand by product. Thanks"

See if you qualify for