2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 498 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

Best Mercedes I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, leather interior, comfortable car riding"

Cons: "Needs new clear coat."

"This 1996 Mercedes diesel is a real trooper. Taupe exterior, leather seats, Sunroof, A/C, large trunk, I have personally logged over 220,000 miles in this car. I bought the E300D from my West Palm Beach Mercedes dealer. I average about 32 MPG. I will give the buyer all of the service records. The only needed repairs is new paint and a couple of rust spots. I have an estimate of $2500 for the paint and rust. $4500."

this a great car .having been driven in winter.

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

"none"

My worst expentiture for a car in 53 yrs.

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Style is nice."

Cons: "Cost of ownership"

"Some of the problems I had: 1)Front strut separated from frame. It was actually attached to sheet metal not the frame. 2)Glow plugs had to be replaced numerous times. 3)When the car kept stalling I took it to the dealer for repair. Paid $400 dollars for a diagnostic and another $2200 for repairs. Drove the car for a half mile after picking it up and it stalled again. Turned out to be a fuel relay which I replaced my self. 4)When the injector pump began to leak the dealer advised me that it was "unserviceable" and a new one would cost $5600.00. I found an O-ring kit on the internet for twenty bucks and repaired it myself. 5)Even though it was garaged, every quarter panel and doors are rusted in multiple spots. I'd keep going but I'm running out of room here but I hope you get the picture. So much for Mercedes quality and their dependable dealerships."

Vary Nice Lux. Car to own, Now I need to move have

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

"This is vary good car I own, I bought the car, 5-6 years ago, I am second own, this car only has 83,000 Miles on it, MB is world #one car maker, it not have any comparison for other cars, even 2014 new car, it is much more comfortable to ride on this car, also it has vary good gas mileage 20/27. older car cost more cheaper on Insurance too"

1999 e320 so happy with my purchase

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "ride, gas milege, comfort, Great driving car"

Cons: "a/c repair and needs an updated radio"

"I thought the car was off, The engine is so quiet.I just came from a 2012 Caddy, This car drives circles around it for comfort, power,room, I don't keep hitting my head when I get in.I cannot believe how cushy the ride is on the highway.The steering radius is excellent. Did I mention the compliments in white. I did good research on the car, always Florida driven with 2 previous owners and the car came with Michellin tires in good tread. Overall very happy with it. Only problem is a/c But it's winter so it's not a problem now. Did I mention I got over 500 miles on adistance drive. And I use a mixture of octanes with no knocking"