• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 476 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

Rustomania

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and Spacious"

Cons: "Rust on BODY of vehicle"

"This is a Beautiful Vehicle, my personal opinion is that it was designed for a man verses a woman (the seating and the front of the vehicle designed for tall individuals). It has a great engine. The interior is nice. Only complaint, since I am original owner- THE RUST on the door. Mercedes products are suppose to be high quality and for the price why????? The trunk is very roomy and back seat has lots of room for a child seat and passenger. Totally love this vehicle, just wish the body did NOT have RUST and that the company would stand by product. Thanks"

If a 30mpg ,who would need any other car?

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Cons: "20 mpg"

"This is the finest car I have ever driven. Not that I would not like to have driven a Lamborghini, I still have use for an off road vehicle, this car is just not the do all nor be all that one could need. Still, if you go to the opera or finer resturants, you are given proper attention. Just don't go off road."

best vehicle

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

"Good runner"

Near-perfect family vehicle, with style, too!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Road-trip comfort, capacity, fuel efficiency."

Cons: "Not great in muddy or snowy conditions"

"I have loved this model for many reasons, including its comfort on long road trips; its adaptability to a range of situations, including hauling surfboards, backpacks, kids, and arriving in style at a fancy hotel; and its fuel efficiency (for a robust gasoline engine). I would buy a similar model again in a heartbeat, but I'd go for the AWD version."

My 6th E-Class

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "build quality, durabilty and engine reliabilty."

Cons: "cheaper components than those used in older Mercs."

"To me the Mercedes Benz E-Class is one of the best "all around" cars you can buy. I typically have owned mostly V8 E-Class sedans. They are extremely quiet, powerful yet still achieve very good gas mileage. My E420 with the 4.2L V8 consistently gets 26-26 mpg. even when cruising between 75-85 mph. Not bad for a car that gets 300Lb.Ft of torque and has 275 h.p. The chassis is very well built and handles like a car half its size. Its not as big as an S-Class but still has enough room for my wife and 3 kids if needed. My next car will definitely be a W211 E-Class (like my wifes!) Salute to Daimler Benz for getting it right all these years!"

Was engineered for the Autobahn.

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Rock soild and safe"

Cons: "People will think you are wealthy"

"Best part about owning this car is the cost. I paid $8000 8 years ago for it. New was over $50,000. People think it costs a lot to repair but it's not any more than any 10+ year old car out there. In fact if you are mechanically minded and are willing to do a little online research you will find this a joy to work on. The engineering was over and beyond anything I have ever owned, in fact everything that needs to be worked on has easy access or has a peculiar trick that makes working on this a breeze. This car has been driven from coast to coast and it is a joy on long road trips. People always comment on how nice this car looks and drives. Funny since it's worth less than $3000.00 . Here's the negative. I have the original chrome wheels. Unless you have new tires mounted they will leak and 4 new chrome wheels cost more than the car. "Chrome looks the best hands down on older Mercedes". My car in particular is old and it has it's issues. Drive train is rock solid but there's always some little issue cropping up. Emissions is more complicated but everything is fairly easy to fix. Oil change is a breeze, remove filter without getting under the car. Everyone should own a Mercedes at least once in their lifetime. I'm looking at replacing this with another 10 year old Mercedes."

Rock solid ride

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Was designed for the Autobahn."

Cons: "People will think you are wealthy."

""Best part about owning this car is the cost. I paid $8000 8 years ago for it. New was over $50,000. People think it costs a lot to repair but it's not any more than any 10+ year old car out there. In fact if you are mechanically minded and are willing to do a little online research you will find this a joy to work on. The engineering was over and beyond anything I have ever owned, in fact everything that needs to be worked on has easy access or has a peculiar trick that makes working on this a breeze. This car has been driven from coast to coast and it is a joy on long road trips. People always comment on how nice this car looks and drives. Funny since it's worth less than $3000.00 . Here's the negative. I have the original chrome wheels. Unless you have new tires mounted they will leak and 4 new chrome wheels cost more than the car. "Chrome looks the best hands down on older Mercedes". My car in particular is old and it has it's issues. Drive train is rock solid but there's always some little issue cropping up. Emissions is more complicated but everything is fairly easy to fix. Oil change is a breeze, remove filter without getting under the car. Everyone should own a Mercedes at least once in their lifetime. I'm looking at replacing this with another 10 year old Mercedes. ""

Rock solid ride

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Was designed for the Autobahn."

Cons: "People will think you are wealthy."

Love this car

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Was designed to run 100+mph.It's a solid safe ride"

Cons: "People will think you are rich."

Love this car

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Was designed to run 100+mph.It's a solid safe ride"

Cons: "People will think you are rich."

See if you qualify for