1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 503 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

love it

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "fun, gorgeous, powerful enough"

Cons: "suspension is subpar"

fresh

"love it, but unfortunately i have to sell it. at this mileage its turned into a money pit, but its going to be hard to let go"

fresh

Best Car Ever!

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "Great pleasure in driving it. Safety."

Cons: "Leather seats are a little hard."

"Incredibly comfortable, secure handling and great feeling of quality. My wife also loves our E320 Station Wagon for the same reasons. I spend a good deal of time maintaining it but I thoroughly enjoy working and admiring its sophisticated engineering and design. The key to this car is MAINTENANCE. We get 23.5 MPG in town and 28 MPG on highway trips. Love it!"

E-300 Diesel Review

By on Thursday, May 01, 2008

"Super dependable, however just about everything outside of the drive trian and brakes has broken. My wife's Pontiac's sunfire has a better track record. Electrical switches are all failing one by one, suspension has had several costly issues, and the AC components constantly fail. All are documented issues online. Good to great fuel economy, have reached 38 Mpg traveling at 70 Mph, but don't expect this to be a worry free fuel-up-and-go car."

Great car!

By on Friday, April 04, 2008

"I love my MB E320. I live on a budget and I purchased this car pre-owned and have had no problems whatsoever. I get oil changes and have a great mechanic. I change cars every 3 years, but I can't find a reason to buy a new car; this one may very well last forever. You can't go wrong."

Built like a Panzer Tank

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"Love this car. Bought my '99 E320 wagon at 36000 miles in Jan 2005, now Feb 2008 and 75000 miles and still runs like new. Right after I got it I had an oil comsumption problem which turned out to be a free recall fix on bad piston rings... Got almost complete rebuild for free! Hasn't used a drop between oil changes since. Also Love the fact you can go 12000 plus miles between oil changes with flex service. Had to replace Cats, one under warranty one not... Only time it stranded me for a fix was some engine position sensor went bad and it wouldn't start or run without it... The sunroof problem has to do with voltage.. If you run too much accessories and wear your battery down, the sunroof thinks it's jammed and stops, all you have to do is turn the key on but don't start it and hold the sunroof control forward for 30 seconds or so(there is a VERY faint click, but I hardly ever hear it) then start the car and it resets the safety override... Might sell if I can find the right buyer but would drive it for another 3 years no problem! I have started to see some rust poking through at the tops of the wheel arches but after investigation, the original owner was in Michigan so there you go... Only negative is I live 60 miles from authorized service so it's a pain to go up there for service, good news is it's once a year!"