• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 481 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

Was engineered for the Autobahn.

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Rock soild and safe"

Cons: "People will think you are wealthy"

"Best part about owning this car is the cost. I paid $8000 8 years ago for it. New was over $50,000. People think it costs a lot to repair but it's not any more than any 10+ year old car out there. In fact if you are mechanically minded and are willing to do a little online research you will find this a joy to work on. The engineering was over and beyond anything I have ever owned, in fact everything that needs to be worked on has easy access or has a peculiar trick that makes working on this a breeze. This car has been driven from coast to coast and it is a joy on long road trips. People always comment on how nice this car looks and drives. Funny since it's worth less than $3000.00 . Here's the negative. I have the original chrome wheels. Unless you have new tires mounted they will leak and 4 new chrome wheels cost more than the car. "Chrome looks the best hands down on older Mercedes". My car in particular is old and it has it's issues. Drive train is rock solid but there's always some little issue cropping up. Emissions is more complicated but everything is fairly easy to fix. Oil change is a breeze, remove filter without getting under the car. Everyone should own a Mercedes at least once in their lifetime. I'm looking at replacing this with another 10 year old Mercedes."

Rock solid ride

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Was designed for the Autobahn."

Cons: "People will think you are wealthy."

""Best part about owning this car is the cost. I paid $8000 8 years ago for it. New was over $50,000. People think it costs a lot to repair but it's not any more than any 10+ year old car out there. In fact if you are mechanically minded and are willing to do a little online research you will find this a joy to work on. The engineering was over and beyond anything I have ever owned, in fact everything that needs to be worked on has easy access or has a peculiar trick that makes working on this a breeze. This car has been driven from coast to coast and it is a joy on long road trips. People always comment on how nice this car looks and drives. Funny since it's worth less than $3000.00 . Here's the negative. I have the original chrome wheels. Unless you have new tires mounted they will leak and 4 new chrome wheels cost more than the car. "Chrome looks the best hands down on older Mercedes". My car in particular is old and it has it's issues. Drive train is rock solid but there's always some little issue cropping up. Emissions is more complicated but everything is fairly easy to fix. Oil change is a breeze, remove filter without getting under the car. Everyone should own a Mercedes at least once in their lifetime. I'm looking at replacing this with another 10 year old Mercedes. ""

Rock solid ride

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Was designed for the Autobahn."

Cons: "People will think you are wealthy."

Cons: "People will think you are rich."

A wonderful car! Comfortable, reliable, fun.

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"This wagon has hauled people, luggage, groceries and provided comfortable, reliable service to us all. It is beautiful, comfortable and the best car I have ever owned. I have kept it for 15 years because it has been such a good car. Would like to keep it for more, but it is time to upgrade. Sad to let it go."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE, COMFORTABLE, SAFE"

Cons: "cup holders break"

"Purchased this car at 13K miles, it has had maintenance at a certified mbz garage and it has been very reliable for my family, have taken it on long 2000 plus trips with all 7 seats filled and a cargo case on the top and it stills get 25 plus mpg...it runs and looks great...one complaint, can't our car makers get the cup holder thang figured out...."

Drives like brand new!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "handles extremely well under bad driving condition"

Cons: "expensive maintenance"

"Beautiful ride. This car drives just as well as when it came off the lot! I wouldn't drive any other car but the Mercedes Benz. Passing it down to my daughter. It's a keeper!"

I have driven it rides good and I want it.

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I don't own this car

"Can't review because I'm trying to buy it."