1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 104 Ratings for the 1994 - 1995 models.

A Solid Car

By on Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Car is haf a solid frame I was in an accident with it I was T-boned by a Ford F150 truck and I walked out just a little shaken that was it I was not hurt. The car was fixed by a back yard mechanic and it still runs the same it runs smooth like a lincoln town car limo. This car has a lot of power to it the engine never dies if taken care of and has a regular oil change and good quality shell premium gas. This is The Best Car I ever had."

Good car

By on Sunday, November 15, 2009

"These engines will last forever if you change the oil. The transmission go out 150,00 - 200,000 miles and a good rebuild will cost you $3,500. The interior is not quite as good of qulaity materials as the slightly older version."

long term investment

By on Friday, January 23, 2009

"We got this 1995 E320 cabriolet in 2005 with 88k miles. Originally $85k, we paid $17k; now has 123k miles. We anticipated some repairs and it's needed about $7k: new tranny, fan motor, head gasket, and minor electrical issues like switches, relays, etc. This may continue but we are v happy! It is safe, fast, solid, quiet, well-made, beautiful, elegant. We think it will eventually rise in value like the 60s and 70s era MB cabriolets have. In spite of $2500 avg annual maint. costs, we feel it is a bargain and much better quality compared with new MB convertibles. Find a good MB mechanic, not the dealer. We think it is a v good value esp if kept a long time. Changing cars every few yrs is expensive. Insurance for 10+ yr old cars is cheap. These are fully depreciated. So the maintenance we feel is acceptable and worth it. Yes, Toyotas are def. cheaper (we've had one 10 yrs) but much less of a pleasure. We never see another car we would rather have! We really enjoy it. We've also had 3 MBs built after 2000, all disappointing compared with this. We feel this is one of the last MBs built that are worth keeping, and it is still reliable and practical to drive every day. If you want bulletproof, cheap value, get a Camry, they need nothing. But if you want something special and can live with the repairs, this is an excellent choice and, we think, long term investment."

Great Car - U need 2 have deep pockets

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"I purchased this car 1 year ago this month from a MB dealership with only 39K miles on it and one owner. Paid top dollar for it and I have put $10K in repairs in it. My car has had just about everything replaced - as I write this review its in the shop for a new wiper motor. I love this car - obviously for the $$ I put in it. Odometer just turned 51K lets hope that after all this money I will be able to write that I have 200K miles one day."

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"This was my first car and thanks to this car i will one day purchase a brand new Benz. Quality car with strong engine(it took a while to get used to the quick gas pedal) and luxurious look both inside and out. I think it's a heavy car but nevertheless it runs smooth and quiet. Like with any 94' car you probably might need some electrical work but nothing too expensive. Lets see, i have only replaced the radiator (100 bucks), alarm(100), a few fuses, and got a new button for my power windows(5 bucks). Try it, you might be surprised."

Fun to drive

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"I have the '95 E420 with the V8 which is not the least bit "sluggish" as some people have rated the E300. I have had to spend over $1000 on repairs to the air flow controller. I am also having intermittent problems with the ASR control which may be expensive to fix. It is still very fun to drive. Previous to this car I had another one of the exact same model in which I was hit head on, on the highway, and walked away."

Outstanding

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Have owned a diesel E300 95 since 96. Great mileage, 30's+ on highway. No major mechanical problems. Garage kept and it never once refused to start in cold weather. MB dealers are a joke to deal with, crazy prices. Now own a new E320 and this E300 is much better built car."

Its a driving SHARK! Auto ICON!

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, long lasting, durable interior, & stylish"

Cons: "headliner, harness"

"I have owned 3 so far. One Diesel, E320 (currently) and an E420. I restore them and sell them although keeping my E420. They are known for faulty items such as wiring harness which is VERY pricy but if you find a good used car with a good harness, your sure to find a keeper. I have a great independent mechanic I rely on. Fixing cosmetic and some minor mechanics on these cars is rewarding. upgrading wheels and adding to stereo system boots performance for a luxury, vintage sports daily driver. These cars are die-hards and I enjoy mine tremendously!"

E320A

By on Saturday, September 4, 2010

"Special car, turns heads."

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2008

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

wow

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"great driving experience"

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"This is an amazing vehicle!!! Runs beautifully even with 200K miles! Easy maintenance - a classic beauty!"

Beautiful on the outside....

By on Saturday, April 5, 2008

"People have told me in the same breath that these E320s are well-made, and that the wiring harness, head gasket, transmission, and air conditioning are very common problems with them, problems which each cost at least 2500$ to fix. If you read the reviews on this site carefully, you will notice that even people who give the car high ratings have often encountered at least one or two of these problems. I have owned this car for 2.5 years, during which time I have spent over 7000$ on it (a figure which does not include routine maintenance). I have treated it well, as its previous owner did: it has been garaged its entire life and has been worked on only by Mercedes-certified mechanics. Basically, this car is truly beautiful to look at and (when it's working) fun to drive, but be prepared to spend more on non-routine repairs than you paid for the car."

Great economical stylish car

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I've had one of these since 1995 and can't complain. It always looks great and is solidly built. Expect minor replairs at this age."

Most reliable car ever

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

"They call this the MILLION MILE CAR. You will find a lot of it in service in Europe, South America and the Middle East. It is the last automobile Mercedes Benz built to endure the passage of time. They built like a tank. With regular maintenance and care, this E300D runs and goes. With a six cylinder diesel engine, it keeps up with most of the regular gas cars. And yet, it has great mileage, getting 30 miles per gallon, mixed city and highway. That's driving with the comfort, luxury and quality of a Mercedes. I have no monthly loan payments. The car is low in depreciation. And best of all, maintenance costs are reasonable. Oil and filter are changed every 3,000 miles for $40. Diesel may cost 20 to 50 cents more but this car gets 10 more miles per gallon than the same size sedan. It's a keeper alright!!!"

A Fine Sedan

By on Thursday, August 7, 2008

"This car is wonderful. Solidly built with very good looks. I have 254,000 miles on it and it runs strong though the cosmetics are starting to suffer - I don't have a garage. I've owned it for 6.5 years and would definitely buy it again. There have been some expensive repairs such as wiring harness $1200, Water pump $600, Head Gasket $1500, and auxilary cooling fans $500. Service and repairs averaged, over the time I've owned the car (78 months), about $110 per month. Not cheap but not awful either. I'm now looking to replace it with another '95 only going for the convertible."

These are the BEST OF THE BEST

By on Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pros: "A great travel car- quality manufacturing-"

"We have owned 3 300D's. First one was 1984- which was totaled by a gent who ran a red light- with me in it. The car saved my life as he was going so fast- he hit me in the drivers door spun me and hit and pushed me again. We then bought a 1987- with 137,000. WE STILL HAVE THAT CAR. Original engine- then I bought this auto- and still have it also. What a GREAT GREAT auto. We travel for a living and both autos take us all over the eastern coast. No other way to say it but these OLDER cars are by fair the best for exterior and interior. Service them regularly like we do and they last a life time. 1987 has about 485,000 ORIGINAL engine."

Still running strong (94 Benz E320)

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "Very smooth, good gas miles, looks good, reliable"

Cons: "Repairs are expensive, when/if needed."

"After one year I am back writing my 2nd review about my 1994 E320 Benz now with 47000 miles (only) yes these are original miles, I bought the car with 32k miles last year and since then drive it daily. Besides the standard/usual maintenance (oil change, Tiers, Breaks) nothing I had to do to the car and it's still running strong."

95 E320 Wagon

By on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"I have owned 7 MB's and have had my '95 E320 for about 6 years and put 40K miles on it. My favorite Benz (with the exception of the 500E) have always been the diesels, but this car has performed flawlessly since I bought it. The only problems I've experienced were coil packs. Everything else has been fairly routine. I checked the compression recently and it read 175lbs across all six cylinders, not bad for a vehicle with 175k miles on the clock. I rate this car lower on performance compared to the 400E and 500E, but the six in the E320 is the smoothest engine I've ever seen in a vehicle. It also has very respectable fuel economy at 26mph on the highway and with it's 3rd row seat is a great alternative to a mini van. I see no reason this vehicle will not go another 150k miles judging by the condition of the engine. It is hard to service for the DIY guy because there are so many special tools necessary to do certain simple repairs (like rear bearings), but that is the case with most vehicles these days. I also prefer the styling to the next generation as well. Overall I would highly recommend this vehicle."

Best 4 seat convertible ever.

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Legit 4 seat convert, v. safe, great looks & drive"

Cons: "Use console as cup holder"

"We've owned for 12 years, great 4 seat convertible, vehicle cost per year = $2,000. Made to run 200,000 miles. Maintenance is reasonable at an independent and the 1995 and prior EClass parts and technology are everywhere. The only major repair - well known - was the head gasket, I had the head milled at the same time so it would never happen again."

This car is a keeper, I just love this car

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pros: "Just great to drive"

"I have had this car for more than 3 and a half years put in a new battery oil change I take the car to a dealer when and was told this car is in a very sound condition the car is green and just turns heads I have no complaints as I said before I love this car with only 77000 miles I have Ben to New York and back not one problem."

This Benz is to last forever!!

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"I love my Benz, and with only 37000 original miles, it runs like new. I've had this for almost six months now and I love it every day. Everything in this car works and was built with practical use in mind. I am planning on handing this car over to my daughter one day and she is only 10 right now, but I have no doubts that this car will not last for another 20 years."

Best car i had

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive, clean looking car"

Cons: "sometimes annoying to take out everyday for small run to the store type of things"

lates picture that i have

"this is my third w124 had a 300e let it go for a e-420 '94 black sold that one to my brother because i bought white '94 e-420 just had to change the wheel bearing and rear axels but did the job myself costed me about $300 worth car runs as smooth and as quiet as these new benzes today!!!!"

lates picture that i have

'05 E420

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Owned 8 1/2yrs, lower and swap 17" rims, fun, good handling, plenty of pwr, but gas sucker, tuneup parts can be expensive, not to mention replaced 2x radiator, electrical module replaced. Expect spend a chunk for maintenance if some goes wrong. Make sure find M-B mechanic or you might screw up big time. Other than that, engine runs very quiet, strong.Watch out for all electrical parts. After all these yrs, still great looking car."