1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 100 Ratings for the 1994 - 1995 models.

This is a great car

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"This car has snap and is very fast. It has great turning radius. You can do a u tun on a 2 lane road with room to spare. It has a smooth ride and is quite. My only problem is that I am a big guy and I would prefer a bigger seat. But most people are not 6-4 at 300lbs. Still I drive it whenever I can. There is pride in Mercedes ownership."

for the money cant be beat

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"i work at a large car dealership so i can pick and choose anytime.i bought my '94 e320 with 119,000 miles as a 2nd car for less than $6000 in'06.summer of 2010 i have 199,000 on her.simple things like water pump,brakes,thermastat is all that i've done.for a 16 year old full size car that still gets over 25 miles a gallon,and i have all the comforts of newer cars but this is paid for and its a benz.if you need a 2nd car this is what you need!"

EXCELLENT USED CAR

By on Sunday, March 07, 2010

"Hey - This is a car worth considering if you want reliable and safe transportation. These cars are un-stoppable. Only down side is that the maintenance can get pricey, but if any of you ever owned a used Lexus, it should be cheaper than one of those (especially if you know a good independent mechanic). Probably one of the last real over-engineered Mercedes. The E320 model gets close to 30 on the Highway and still feels good at 100 mph. One solid ride with great economy to boot. I would try to find one from a private owner with a good history record. Stay away from any that have over 400K miles (they start to need expensive parts when they get that many miles on them). Best of Luck finding one - People that know cars are hoarding them."

EXCELLENT USED CAR

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"This is a car, that when new, was in excess of $40K. Now 15 years later you can buy this car for less than most used cars and have a very reliable, easy to maintain vehicle. These cars are built like tanks, but ride like a Rolls Royce. Probably the best value for a used car. Only caution is that you want a well maintained car and you'll want to do you own maintenance. Typical maintenance on these cars can be costly if you don't do your own work. Also, these cars do require premium fuel, however they get better than average mileage for the size they are."

I have replaced everying you can imagine

By on Friday, May 08, 2009

"To be fair, I drive 35K miles a year, but I have done everything you can think of to this car. Rebuilt transmission @ 180K, replaced radiator, fuel pump, water pump, Mass Air Flow (twice), radio antenna, head gasket, valve cover gasket and now it appears that the wiring harness will need to be replaced. If you drive a lot, this car can be very expensive to maintain. I feel compelled to get another 280K out of the car just for spite!"

One of the best cars ever

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"One of the best cars ever made. Everything about this car is balanced. The ride is great and highly refined. The cornering is precise and quick. Power is plenty for this size car, if you know how and when to hit the pedal. The suspension makes a rough road and severe dips and bumps seem far smaller than any other car on the same roads and streets. My shop (Five Star Autocare) makes the car less expensive to maintain than what American car owners report (after a few major events, like fuel injection harness and trans rebuild). The '94 is a truly great classic that saved my ex-wife's life in a high speed accident. I will buy another as a backup to my 2002 E320 Special Edition."

Reliabe Good MPG = Great deal

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Roomy"

Cons: "More cupholders (I know- that's taboo in Germany)"

"The straight 6 is a real powerhouse yet I never did anything but change the plugs (have over 200k miles). I average approx 23mpg with 27 on the highway. Only complaint is that the seat controls are on the door, while the window controls are on the center console. Don't know what they were thinking there! But hey- I got rid of a Dodge to buy this... so I really can't complain!!!"

Best convertible ever!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"This car has amazing quality of finishes and has never let me down. It drives like a true Mercedes and feels very safe. Good power and response, brakes, and handling."

This thing keeps on going and going...

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great fuel milage for a V8..17.5 cty, 24-25 hwy"

Cons: "Expensive parts, but when you'll only do it once."

"I have owned this car for quite sometime now and other than a few items like a radiator, starter, alternator and the usual maintenance items like brakes and a belt, it's perfectly fine. Runs and drives as good as the day I bought it. I have put on 100k out of the 192,000 currently on the car and it's been a pure pleasure to drive and own. How many Ford, Chevy, and Mopar owners and claim that their vehicle has almost 200k miles on the odometer and their car runs like new? Not many that's for sure. I bought the car as a salvage, Lord knows why it was salvaged, but it's never let me down and I drive it everywhere, in any weather. This is absolutely the best car I've ever owned and with proper maintenance will be the last car I ever own...period. I love it and if you find one you like...you will too. No disappointments here =)......"

Sharp Looking

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I purchased my 1995 E420 with 102000 miles in June 2008. Now i have 155000 on her .I have replaced harnesses,tires,brakes, PS pumps and other items. It is a great car but costly to maintain.She is a Mercedes which will last me until i 'am told to junk her.She is missing a cup holder and glove box, but that all. She is beautiful and mine. Best TGB"

Incredible value & performance

By on Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Forget the 6cyl versions as good as they are : get the E420 V8 model if you can find one. It's unreal how well engineered these cars are AND they blow the doors off of most every car they come across even 15 years later. Plus getting 25+ MPG highway if you can keep your right foot from getting you in trouble. These cars top out at 155 mph and are ROCK SOLID at any speed. Amazing ride,steering,brakes & understated classic Benz good looks. They last forever when maintained to specs & costs are very reasonable. Get one with the rare traction control option : now a 4-season driver."

The ever lasting young classics

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "A TRUE E-class with Economy"

Cons: "Gear change can be pretty rough sometimes!"

"Instead of paying so much maintaining a car, this E-class is a true economical plus practical car. I love the big interior space, big windows with nice and clear views, great mileage figure mine E220 is running on a 23mpg on combine cycle. In sum, this is a car that would last forever, and it's low cost to most people, at the same time, the timeless design of a practical car, and considered to be young classic car according to the BENZ museum."

Excellent value

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"I bought this car three years ago and I am amazed at nice it still looks and ride (like new and it is 16 years old). Parts I have gotten (brake pads, plug and wires) are less than the same parts for Japanese cars. Get great gas mileage (almost 30 on the highway). Only issue in 3 years was the original battery failed but luckily I was near a Walmart when it happened - So I went in and got a replacement. The only problem with the car is that you have to watch your speed. These cars want to run and you can be up to 100 mph and not even know it - But it does have an excellent cruise control and I suggest you use it to keep your speed in check."

Super car

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"Car is terriffic. Ride, power mileage (24+), comfort and snob appeal. Disappointed at BB value after 15 years. Would buy it again. Rear sitting room tight. Engine is best MB ever made. Rosd review in 1995 says: "Best sedan we've tested, period." Definitely a driver's car...no cup holders or glove box! Very European!"

1994 e320

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"this is a wonderful car. the only reason it does not receive 5 stars is because of problems commn with this model: transmission,engine wiring harness, ac, leaking head gasket and radiator replacement. this may seem like a lot and it is but not all experience them (i am 3 for 5) and may be considered the price of admission for one of the safest, best looking and most fun cars to drive ever built. find a good, honest mechanic; take care of it and keep your fingers crossed."

Fun to drive

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"I have the '95 E420 with the V8 which is not the least bit "sluggish" as some people have rated the E300. I have had to spend over $1000 on repairs to the air flow controller. I am also having intermittent problems with the ASR control which may be expensive to fix. It is still very fun to drive. Previous to this car I had another one of the exact same model in which I was hit head on, on the highway, and walked away."

Nothing like a Benz!!!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"I have owned this sweet car about 3 years now and am in love with it. I've owned larger Benz models in the past, but none beat this little cruiser. It's comfortable and quiet and gets great mileage. So far, have driven 35,000 miles per year and outside of gas, oil and regular service, it has never let me down."

best car ever

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"I've owned one for 12+ years and rate it as the best car we have owned. My list of cars I am comparing with are: 240D, 300E, BMW 2002, BMW 320I, Range Rover, Alpha Romeo sport sedan. The E300D gets 27-29 in the city and the 30's on highway. Drove it to Florida from Ohio on 2 tanks of fuel.(from Youngstown to Bonita Springs. 1200mi."

Wundervolles klassisches Auto

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"This is a wonderful future classic auto. I bought used 3 years ago and had to fix up some stuff, but this, now 13 year old, car still draws complements. 27mpg, 600 mi range. Only critique might be its somewhat sedate acceleration, but no complaints. It cruises like a limo. I am very happy with this vehicle. It was also a somewhat limited production model."

Most perfect car ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Have owned car since 1998 and put over 120000 miles on it. Very economical car. Repairs which have become more frequent in recent years have been been minor but expensive."

Luxorious Sedan

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"The comfort and ride of this car is beautiful. Me and my better half fight over who gets this, and the loser drives a porsche boxster."

Pristine Automobile

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

"One of 1760 cars built that year."

A collectors car

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "It is a Mercedes."

Cons: "no cup holder. Don't drink and drive"

"This car has had every service done since 60,000. The only thing not working is sun roof. It could be fixed but after getting a melanoma, I did not. All the parts touching the serpentine belt have been replaces as well as double distributor. THis is a mans car to drive forever. I get 20 mpg in town and 24 on the hwy using non ethanol gas. There is mechanically nothing wrong with it. I am selling to go 'green.' Probably will regret it but want to try. At 71 why not! CAR IS GOLD EXTERIOR AND TAN INTERIOR. WILL GET PHOTOS IF ASKED..."

best car I ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "very little maintence needed great fuel economy"

"never breaks just keeps running getting 30 MPG"

By on Sunday, April 10, 2011

"new since 1995 only had to do brakes,replace water pump and serpentine belt all wear and tear items. i only have 86000 miles on the car it runs great."