• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 96 Ratings for the 1994 - 1995 models.

These are the BEST OF THE BEST

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "A great travel car- quality manufacturing-"

"We have owned 3 300D's. First one was 1984- which was totaled by a gent who ran a red light- with me in it. The car saved my life as he was going so fast- he hit me in the drivers door spun me and hit and pushed me again. We then bought a 1987- with 137,000. WE STILL HAVE THAT CAR. Original engine- then I bought this auto- and still have it also. What a GREAT GREAT auto. We travel for a living and both autos take us all over the eastern coast. No other way to say it but these OLDER cars are by fair the best for exterior and interior. Service them regularly like we do and they last a life time. 1987 has about 485,000 ORIGINAL engine."

Best 4 seat convertible ever.

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Legit 4 seat convert, v. safe, great looks & drive"

Cons: "Use console as cup holder"

"We've owned for 12 years, great 4 seat convertible, vehicle cost per year = $2,000. Made to run 200,000 miles. Maintenance is reasonable at an independent and the 1995 and prior EClass parts and technology are everywhere. The only major repair - well known - was the head gasket, I had the head milled at the same time so it would never happen again."

Still running strong (94 Benz E320)

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Very smooth, good gas miles, looks good, reliable"

Cons: "Repairs are expensive, when/if needed."

"After one year I am back writing my 2nd review about my 1994 E320 Benz now with 47000 miles (only) yes these are original miles, I bought the car with 32k miles last year and since then drive it daily. Besides the standard/usual maintenance (oil change, Tiers, Breaks) nothing I had to do to the car and it's still running strong."

Expensive repairs, and lots of them.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "handling, acceleration"

Cons: "expensive to repair, major repairs often needed."

"I originally bought an E320 about a year ago in 2011 used, it was a 1994 with 111000 miles. The car was great on the test drive with the exception of it needing new tires. I needed something better on gas than what i was driving at the time and this car fit the bill. It was a great car at first (during the first 4 months) but once it needed repairs, they were very costly. 1st thing to go was the water pump ($1100), 3 months later, the belt tensioner ($830), 4 months later, it's leaking oil and power steering fluid, another $1000 repair. Also, during the time, something in the electrical system shorts out a fuse that starts the car, so I had to disconnect the moonroof to avoid that (not sure how all of that ties in, but somehow it does). Pros: It handles amazing, the accelleration is fantastic (supposed to have 200 horsepower, but feels like much more) and it's still a good looking car after 17 years. I planned on giving it to my daughter once she got her license, but she'll never be able to afford the repairs on it so I'm going to trade it in."

Best Mercedes I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Best Mercedes I've ever owned, I would never sell it. Great gas mileage for a powerful V8, 32 miles per gal on Hwy. Can't say enough, and if you can find one buy it!"

Reliabe Good MPG = Great deal

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Roomy"

Cons: "More cupholders (I know- that's taboo in Germany)"

"The straight 6 is a real powerhouse yet I never did anything but change the plugs (have over 200k miles). I average approx 23mpg with 27 on the highway. Only complaint is that the seat controls are on the door, while the window controls are on the center console. Don't know what they were thinking there! But hey- I got rid of a Dodge to buy this... so I really can't complain!!!"

best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

"this car is a dream car. looks,drives,handles like a dream. everywhere i go know matter where i end up weather its at the beach,super market,downtown boston, or just driven on the road someone will always give me the thums up. or if i'm stopped at a light, parked,or at the car wash will ask is it for sale and if it is how much will you sell it for. people follow me all the time just to say wow that car is the most buatifull car. please tell me what year is it. it looks brand new. wow where did you get that ummmmm car from. ect,ect,ect"

Best convertible ever!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"This car has amazing quality of finishes and has never let me down. It drives like a true Mercedes and feels very safe. Good power and response, brakes, and handling."

A collectors car

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "It is a Mercedes."

Cons: "no cup holder. Don't drink and drive"

"This car has had every service done since 60,000. The only thing not working is sun roof. It could be fixed but after getting a melanoma, I did not. All the parts touching the serpentine belt have been replaces as well as double distributor. THis is a mans car to drive forever. I get 20 mpg in town and 24 on the hwy using non ethanol gas. There is mechanically nothing wrong with it. I am selling to go 'green.' Probably will regret it but want to try. At 71 why not! CAR IS GOLD EXTERIOR AND TAN INTERIOR. WILL GET PHOTOS IF ASKED..."

best car I ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "very little maintence needed great fuel economy"

"never breaks just keeps running getting 30 MPG"