• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 99 Ratings for the 1994 - 1995 models.

EXCELLENT USED CAR

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"This is a car, that when new, was in excess of $40K. Now 15 years later you can buy this car for less than most used cars and have a very reliable, easy to maintain vehicle. These cars are built like tanks, but ride like a Rolls Royce. Probably the best value for a used car. Only caution is that you want a well maintained car and you'll want to do you own maintenance. Typical maintenance on these cars can be costly if you don't do your own work. Also, these cars do require premium fuel, however they get better than average mileage for the size they are."

I have replaced everying you can imagine

By on Friday, May 08, 2009

"To be fair, I drive 35K miles a year, but I have done everything you can think of to this car. Rebuilt transmission @ 180K, replaced radiator, fuel pump, water pump, Mass Air Flow (twice), radio antenna, head gasket, valve cover gasket and now it appears that the wiring harness will need to be replaced. If you drive a lot, this car can be very expensive to maintain. I feel compelled to get another 280K out of the car just for spite!"

One of the best cars ever

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"One of the best cars ever made. Everything about this car is balanced. The ride is great and highly refined. The cornering is precise and quick. Power is plenty for this size car, if you know how and when to hit the pedal. The suspension makes a rough road and severe dips and bumps seem far smaller than any other car on the same roads and streets. My shop (Five Star Autocare) makes the car less expensive to maintain than what American car owners report (after a few major events, like fuel injection harness and trans rebuild). The '94 is a truly great classic that saved my ex-wife's life in a high speed accident. I will buy another as a backup to my 2002 E320 Special Edition."

Reliabe Good MPG = Great deal

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Roomy"

Cons: "More cupholders (I know- that's taboo in Germany)"

"The straight 6 is a real powerhouse yet I never did anything but change the plugs (have over 200k miles). I average approx 23mpg with 27 on the highway. Only complaint is that the seat controls are on the door, while the window controls are on the center console. Don't know what they were thinking there! But hey- I got rid of a Dodge to buy this... so I really can't complain!!!"

Best convertible ever!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"This car has amazing quality of finishes and has never let me down. It drives like a true Mercedes and feels very safe. Good power and response, brakes, and handling."

This thing keeps on going and going...

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great fuel milage for a V8..17.5 cty, 24-25 hwy"

Cons: "Expensive parts, but when you'll only do it once."

"I have owned this car for quite sometime now and other than a few items like a radiator, starter, alternator and the usual maintenance items like brakes and a belt, it's perfectly fine. Runs and drives as good as the day I bought it. I have put on 100k out of the 192,000 currently on the car and it's been a pure pleasure to drive and own. How many Ford, Chevy, and Mopar owners and claim that their vehicle has almost 200k miles on the odometer and their car runs like new? Not many that's for sure. I bought the car as a salvage, Lord knows why it was salvaged, but it's never let me down and I drive it everywhere, in any weather. This is absolutely the best car I've ever owned and with proper maintenance will be the last car I ever own...period. I love it and if you find one you like...you will too. No disappointments here =)......"

Sharp Looking

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I purchased my 1995 E420 with 102000 miles in June 2008. Now i have 155000 on her .I have replaced harnesses,tires,brakes, PS pumps and other items. It is a great car but costly to maintain.She is a Mercedes which will last me until i 'am told to junk her.She is missing a cup holder and glove box, but that all. She is beautiful and mine. Best TGB"

Incredible value & performance

By on Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Forget the 6cyl versions as good as they are : get the E420 V8 model if you can find one. It's unreal how well engineered these cars are AND they blow the doors off of most every car they come across even 15 years later. Plus getting 25+ MPG highway if you can keep your right foot from getting you in trouble. These cars top out at 155 mph and are ROCK SOLID at any speed. Amazing ride,steering,brakes & understated classic Benz good looks. They last forever when maintained to specs & costs are very reasonable. Get one with the rare traction control option : now a 4-season driver."

Classic Versatility

By on Friday, May 15, 2015

Pros: "ride and security behind the wheel, family Hauleer"

Cons: "Expense of parts, not one cup holder..."

"This wagon was well maintained and gives seating for 5 in comfort plus 2 kids in the back. Drives so smoothly that even a 400 mile trip leave you ready to take on the day."

The ever lasting young classics

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "A TRUE E-class with Economy"

Cons: "Gear change can be pretty rough sometimes!"

"Instead of paying so much maintaining a car, this E-class is a true economical plus practical car. I love the big interior space, big windows with nice and clear views, great mileage figure mine E220 is running on a 23mpg on combine cycle. In sum, this is a car that would last forever, and it's low cost to most people, at the same time, the timeless design of a practical car, and considered to be young classic car according to the BENZ museum."