• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 99 Ratings for the 1994 - 1995 models.

Great economical stylish car

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I've had one of these since 1995 and can't complain. It always looks great and is solidly built. Expect minor replairs at this age."

A Fine Sedan

By on Thursday, August 07, 2008

"This car is wonderful. Solidly built with very good looks. I have 254,000 miles on it and it runs strong though the cosmetics are starting to suffer - I don't have a garage. I've owned it for 6.5 years and would definitely buy it again. There have been some expensive repairs such as wiring harness $1200, Water pump $600, Head Gasket $1500, and auxilary cooling fans $500. Service and repairs averaged, over the time I've owned the car (78 months), about $110 per month. Not cheap but not awful either. I'm now looking to replace it with another '95 only going for the convertible."

Still running strong (94 Benz E320)

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Very smooth, good gas miles, looks good, reliable"

Cons: "Repairs are expensive, when/if needed."

"After one year I am back writing my 2nd review about my 1994 E320 Benz now with 47000 miles (only) yes these are original miles, I bought the car with 32k miles last year and since then drive it daily. Besides the standard/usual maintenance (oil change, Tiers, Breaks) nothing I had to do to the car and it's still running strong."

95 E320 Wagon

By on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"I have owned 7 MB's and have had my '95 E320 for about 6 years and put 40K miles on it. My favorite Benz (with the exception of the 500E) have always been the diesels, but this car has performed flawlessly since I bought it. The only problems I've experienced were coil packs. Everything else has been fairly routine. I checked the compression recently and it read 175lbs across all six cylinders, not bad for a vehicle with 175k miles on the clock. I rate this car lower on performance compared to the 400E and 500E, but the six in the E320 is the smoothest engine I've ever seen in a vehicle. It also has very respectable fuel economy at 26mph on the highway and with it's 3rd row seat is a great alternative to a mini van. I see no reason this vehicle will not go another 150k miles judging by the condition of the engine. It is hard to service for the DIY guy because there are so many special tools necessary to do certain simple repairs (like rear bearings), but that is the case with most vehicles these days. I also prefer the styling to the next generation as well. Overall I would highly recommend this vehicle."

'05 E420

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Owned 8 1/2yrs, lower and swap 17" rims, fun, good handling, plenty of pwr, but gas sucker, tuneup parts can be expensive, not to mention replaced 2x radiator, electrical module replaced. Expect spend a chunk for maintenance if some goes wrong. Make sure find M-B mechanic or you might screw up big time. Other than that, engine runs very quiet, strong.Watch out for all electrical parts. After all these yrs, still great looking car."