1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 100 Ratings for the 1994 - 1995 models.

This is a great car

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"This car has snap and is very fast. It has great turning radius. You can do a u tun on a 2 lane road with room to spare. It has a smooth ride and is quite. My only problem is that I am a big guy and I would prefer a bigger seat. But most people are not 6-4 at 300lbs. Still I drive it whenever I can. There is pride in Mercedes ownership."

for the money cant be beat

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"i work at a large car dealership so i can pick and choose anytime.i bought my '94 e320 with 119,000 miles as a 2nd car for less than $6000 in'06.summer of 2010 i have 199,000 on her.simple things like water pump,brakes,thermastat is all that i've done.for a 16 year old full size car that still gets over 25 miles a gallon,and i have all the comforts of newer cars but this is paid for and its a benz.if you need a 2nd car this is what you need!"

EXCELLENT USED CAR

By on Sunday, March 07, 2010

"Hey - This is a car worth considering if you want reliable and safe transportation. These cars are un-stoppable. Only down side is that the maintenance can get pricey, but if any of you ever owned a used Lexus, it should be cheaper than one of those (especially if you know a good independent mechanic). Probably one of the last real over-engineered Mercedes. The E320 model gets close to 30 on the Highway and still feels good at 100 mph. One solid ride with great economy to boot. I would try to find one from a private owner with a good history record. Stay away from any that have over 400K miles (they start to need expensive parts when they get that many miles on them). Best of Luck finding one - People that know cars are hoarding them."

EXCELLENT USED CAR

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"This is a car, that when new, was in excess of $40K. Now 15 years later you can buy this car for less than most used cars and have a very reliable, easy to maintain vehicle. These cars are built like tanks, but ride like a Rolls Royce. Probably the best value for a used car. Only caution is that you want a well maintained car and you'll want to do you own maintenance. Typical maintenance on these cars can be costly if you don't do your own work. Also, these cars do require premium fuel, however they get better than average mileage for the size they are."

I have replaced everying you can imagine

By on Friday, May 08, 2009

"To be fair, I drive 35K miles a year, but I have done everything you can think of to this car. Rebuilt transmission @ 180K, replaced radiator, fuel pump, water pump, Mass Air Flow (twice), radio antenna, head gasket, valve cover gasket and now it appears that the wiring harness will need to be replaced. If you drive a lot, this car can be very expensive to maintain. I feel compelled to get another 280K out of the car just for spite!"

One of the best cars ever

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"One of the best cars ever made. Everything about this car is balanced. The ride is great and highly refined. The cornering is precise and quick. Power is plenty for this size car, if you know how and when to hit the pedal. The suspension makes a rough road and severe dips and bumps seem far smaller than any other car on the same roads and streets. My shop (Five Star Autocare) makes the car less expensive to maintain than what American car owners report (after a few major events, like fuel injection harness and trans rebuild). The '94 is a truly great classic that saved my ex-wife's life in a high speed accident. I will buy another as a backup to my 2002 E320 Special Edition."

Reliabe Good MPG = Great deal

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Roomy"

Cons: "More cupholders (I know- that's taboo in Germany)"

"The straight 6 is a real powerhouse yet I never did anything but change the plugs (have over 200k miles). I average approx 23mpg with 27 on the highway. Only complaint is that the seat controls are on the door, while the window controls are on the center console. Don't know what they were thinking there! But hey- I got rid of a Dodge to buy this... so I really can't complain!!!"

Best convertible ever!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"This car has amazing quality of finishes and has never let me down. It drives like a true Mercedes and feels very safe. Good power and response, brakes, and handling."

This thing keeps on going and going...

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great fuel milage for a V8..17.5 cty, 24-25 hwy"

Cons: "Expensive parts, but when you'll only do it once."

"I have owned this car for quite sometime now and other than a few items like a radiator, starter, alternator and the usual maintenance items like brakes and a belt, it's perfectly fine. Runs and drives as good as the day I bought it. I have put on 100k out of the 192,000 currently on the car and it's been a pure pleasure to drive and own. How many Ford, Chevy, and Mopar owners and claim that their vehicle has almost 200k miles on the odometer and their car runs like new? Not many that's for sure. I bought the car as a salvage, Lord knows why it was salvaged, but it's never let me down and I drive it everywhere, in any weather. This is absolutely the best car I've ever owned and with proper maintenance will be the last car I ever own...period. I love it and if you find one you like...you will too. No disappointments here =)......"

Sharp Looking

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I purchased my 1995 E420 with 102000 miles in June 2008. Now i have 155000 on her .I have replaced harnesses,tires,brakes, PS pumps and other items. It is a great car but costly to maintain.She is a Mercedes which will last me until i 'am told to junk her.She is missing a cup holder and glove box, but that all. She is beautiful and mine. Best TGB"