• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 100 Ratings for the 1994 - 1995 models.

One of the best cars ever

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"One of the best cars ever made. Everything about this car is balanced. The ride is great and highly refined. The cornering is precise and quick. Power is plenty for this size car, if you know how and when to hit the pedal. The suspension makes a rough road and severe dips and bumps seem far smaller than any other car on the same roads and streets. My shop (Five Star Autocare) makes the car less expensive to maintain than what American car owners report (after a few major events, like fuel injection harness and trans rebuild). The '94 is a truly great classic that saved my ex-wife's life in a high speed accident. I will buy another as a backup to my 2002 E320 Special Edition."

Reliabe Good MPG = Great deal

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Roomy"

Cons: "More cupholders (I know- that's taboo in Germany)"

"The straight 6 is a real powerhouse yet I never did anything but change the plugs (have over 200k miles). I average approx 23mpg with 27 on the highway. Only complaint is that the seat controls are on the door, while the window controls are on the center console. Don't know what they were thinking there! But hey- I got rid of a Dodge to buy this... so I really can't complain!!!"

Best convertible ever!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"This car has amazing quality of finishes and has never let me down. It drives like a true Mercedes and feels very safe. Good power and response, brakes, and handling."

This thing keeps on going and going...

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great fuel milage for a V8..17.5 cty, 24-25 hwy"

Cons: "Expensive parts, but when you'll only do it once."

"I have owned this car for quite sometime now and other than a few items like a radiator, starter, alternator and the usual maintenance items like brakes and a belt, it's perfectly fine. Runs and drives as good as the day I bought it. I have put on 100k out of the 192,000 currently on the car and it's been a pure pleasure to drive and own. How many Ford, Chevy, and Mopar owners and claim that their vehicle has almost 200k miles on the odometer and their car runs like new? Not many that's for sure. I bought the car as a salvage, Lord knows why it was salvaged, but it's never let me down and I drive it everywhere, in any weather. This is absolutely the best car I've ever owned and with proper maintenance will be the last car I ever own...period. I love it and if you find one you like...you will too. No disappointments here =)......"

Sharp Looking

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I purchased my 1995 E420 with 102000 miles in June 2008. Now i have 155000 on her .I have replaced harnesses,tires,brakes, PS pumps and other items. It is a great car but costly to maintain.She is a Mercedes which will last me until i 'am told to junk her.She is missing a cup holder and glove box, but that all. She is beautiful and mine. Best TGB"