• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 98 Ratings for the 1994 - 1995 models.

A collectors car

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "It is a Mercedes."

Cons: "no cup holder. Don't drink and drive"

"This car has had every service done since 60,000. The only thing not working is sun roof. It could be fixed but after getting a melanoma, I did not. All the parts touching the serpentine belt have been replaces as well as double distributor. THis is a mans car to drive forever. I get 20 mpg in town and 24 on the hwy using non ethanol gas. There is mechanically nothing wrong with it. I am selling to go 'green.' Probably will regret it but want to try. At 71 why not! CAR IS GOLD EXTERIOR AND TAN INTERIOR. WILL GET PHOTOS IF ASKED..."

best car I ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "very little maintence needed great fuel economy"

"never breaks just keeps running getting 30 MPG"

This thing keeps on going and going...

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great fuel milage for a V8..17.5 cty, 24-25 hwy"

Cons: "Expensive parts, but when you'll only do it once."

"I have owned this car for quite sometime now and other than a few items like a radiator, starter, alternator and the usual maintenance items like brakes and a belt, it's perfectly fine. Runs and drives as good as the day I bought it. I have put on 100k out of the 192,000 currently on the car and it's been a pure pleasure to drive and own. How many Ford, Chevy, and Mopar owners and claim that their vehicle has almost 200k miles on the odometer and their car runs like new? Not many that's for sure. I bought the car as a salvage, Lord knows why it was salvaged, but it's never let me down and I drive it everywhere, in any weather. This is absolutely the best car I've ever owned and with proper maintenance will be the last car I ever own...period. I love it and if you find one you like...you will too. No disappointments here =)......"

This is a great car

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"This car has snap and is very fast. It has great turning radius. You can do a u tun on a 2 lane road with room to spare. It has a smooth ride and is quite. My only problem is that I am a big guy and I would prefer a bigger seat. But most people are not 6-4 at 300lbs. Still I drive it whenever I can. There is pride in Mercedes ownership."

The ever lasting young classics

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "A TRUE E-class with Economy"

Cons: "Gear change can be pretty rough sometimes!"

"Instead of paying so much maintaining a car, this E-class is a true economical plus practical car. I love the big interior space, big windows with nice and clear views, great mileage figure mine E220 is running on a 23mpg on combine cycle. In sum, this is a car that would last forever, and it's low cost to most people, at the same time, the timeless design of a practical car, and considered to be young classic car according to the BENZ museum."

This Benz is to last forever!!

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

"I love my Benz, and with only 37000 original miles, it runs like new. I've had this for almost six months now and I love it every day. Everything in this car works and was built with practical use in mind. I am planning on handing this car over to my daughter one day and she is only 10 right now, but I have no doubts that this car will not last for another 20 years."

very excellent carw

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "fuel economy,ride"

Cons: "no cup holders,poor power"

"I love diesels having owned 4 .This current one is as slow as my automatic 240d. air needs periodical charging . .car runs great Tranny slips some and I've recently changed to Amsoil diesel oil,synthetic to give it the best protection I can. I just wish this car had more power for the hill around Pittsburgh"

Most reliable car ever

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

"They call this the MILLION MILE CAR. You will find a lot of it in service in Europe, South America and the Middle East. It is the last automobile Mercedes Benz built to endure the passage of time. They built like a tank. With regular maintenance and care, this E300D runs and goes. With a six cylinder diesel engine, it keeps up with most of the regular gas cars. And yet, it has great mileage, getting 30 miles per gallon, mixed city and highway. That's driving with the comfort, luxury and quality of a Mercedes. I have no monthly loan payments. The car is low in depreciation. And best of all, maintenance costs are reasonable. Oil and filter are changed every 3,000 miles for $40. Diesel may cost 20 to 50 cents more but this car gets 10 more miles per gallon than the same size sedan. It's a keeper alright!!!"

Best car i had

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive, clean looking car"

Cons: "sometimes annoying to take out everyday for small run to the store type of things"

lates picture that i have

"this is my third w124 had a 300e let it go for a e-420 '94 black sold that one to my brother because i bought white '94 e-420 just had to change the wheel bearing and rear axels but did the job myself costed me about $300 worth car runs as smooth and as quiet as these new benzes today!!!!"

lates picture that i have