2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

9.4

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

nice car when not in repair shop for warranty wor

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "ride, handling, power"

Cons: "NAV system and even worse reliability"

"Satisfied with ride, handling, power but car has been to dealer for 4 plus times for several days at a time for electrical problems. The car's beauty is not worth the poor NAV system and even worse reliability"

Power, power, and more power.

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Too pricey, but worth every penny when you push it"

Cons: "Some fit and finish issues. 50 MPH spare."

"I have owned this car for almost a year. Where it shines is in high speed passing on the highway. Its handling is not on a par with the BMW M3, but what is? Or even the Lincoln LS, which is much more positive in tight turns. But the CLS 550 is a BLAST to drive. Just don't push it too hard into corners, and you will have the drive of your life. The electronics on the car are even more quirky than the "My Ford" electronics, and I still have not mastered all the features. The suspension is quick to bottom out, especially in the sport mode. The tires are not good for anything but smooth pavement, and I have broken two tires on mild potholes. The M-Brace system works great as long as you are near civilization, but watch out if you are 200 miles or more from a dealer. You are on your own."

This is my second CLS550 that I have owned

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "The best MB I have had - have had 8 MB cars"

Cons: "Can't think of any negatives."

"I like the 2014 because I loaded it up with almost ever option except the 4matic. I live in Florida in the Winter and were so fortunate to never have had any snow or ice requiring a 4 wheel driver. I have to say the most important options I have is Distronic. I had Adaptive Cruise on a 2006 Cadillac and I didn't get it on my last CLS but I got it on the 2014. It's worth the cost. I have the Lane Assist which is not the best driving experience but it keeps track of your driving and the shaking steering column is somewhat distracting but it will keep you alert. This new CLS has almost too much stuff to enjoy while driving. I cannot state all that I like on this car as I would create a book. It truely is an Amazing Vehicle and if your like Cars you will Love the 2014 Mercedes CLS550. If you like a Sporty Luxury Car you cannot go wrong with puchasing the 2014 CLS550, just get every available option and you won't be disappointed."

My video

Taken May 5 2013, It is 6 days old.

lots of power and driving pleasure-true beauty

By on Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pros: "pure driving pleasure and power"

"Test drove the panamera 4s- felt rather sluggish. Also test drove the bmw 550 which felt much better, but the cls was an absolute blast! Considered the jaguar xj, but wanted something sportier. Go for the 4matic if you live in the north east (or states with lots of snow). True driving pleasure, just wish the back seats hand folding capability and also that the side mirrors could automatically fold in. buying a bit more gas, but that I expected. I’ve loved every minute of owning and driving this car over the past 10 month- absolutely no issues whatsoever. Go for it!"

Just Awesome Ride with Power to spare...

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "acceleration and power-interior features"

Cons: "no room in back seat? Let 'em call a cab!!"

"I'll start out by saying that I work in sales in the auto industry....Now I 1st became interested in this vehicle because of the outward looks...sleek..classy...unique unto itself...I bought this beauty with never taking a test drive or sitting in it(kinda dumb)...I just trusted what I read and I knew what appealed to me cosmetically...Once I drove it,I knew I had "done good". The layout of the interior is stunning and then comes the power plant...it accelerates at a pace I had not experienced in my dealership brands and we have the "hemi"(oops). The acceleration at any speed is outstanding-it was made to run!! I have had it since April '13 and only 2,000 miles-wish I didn't have to work so much to pay for it so I could drive it more. I love the back massage feature and the dual side bolster features. I take my wife out to dinner more often so we can drive it and the looks from others lets me know that I have a unique ride."

wow

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "all around beautiful car,"

Cons: "back seat is slightly tight but not uncomfortable"

"This car is sleek, fast, well appointed and fun to drive. The 4 matic works great in inclimate weather. Favorite features are the distronic cruise, messaging seat and the awesome HK sound system. I typically don't drive at excessive speed but when you feel the need, this thing literally sucks you to the seat and growls. All around beautiful machine, quality throughout. Nice trunk space too."

Perfect package - looks, handling, performance

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, solid and safe, comfy yet sporty"

Cons: "They don't give them away (expensive)"

"After 6 BMWs, I fell in love with the new CLS and had to have one. It does it all superbly -- comfortable, quiet but with a great V-8 exhaust note, handles great on corners but also a great cruiser, fast, looks fabulous, all the great options. I've only had it a short time, but already find the quality better than BMW (plus it doesn't have those horrible run-flat tires)."

Now THIS is the car I've been waiting for!

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Drives great, so comfortable, beautiful!!"

Cons: "No power folding exterior mirrors-??"

"Didn't think I could ever give up the BMW driving experience... test drove every luxury sedan (Audi, Lexus, BMW, Jag, Porsche...) and this just blows them all away. Best of all worlds with the power, performance, handling, luxury, and features. It makes me WANT to drive, and what a joy to take others for a ride. Select sport/comfort transmission at the push of a button. Fuel economy is not bad with the eco start/stop feature. Things like the power seat with massage and gorgeous wood/leather steering wheel with thumb grips and paddle shifters are just icing on the cake. Tons of storage between the center console, glove box, and under seat compartments. Flawless bluetooth streaming of calls and music. Speakers everywhere for the Harman Kardon surround sound. MB customer service is outstanding. I'm hooked and I'll never look back!"

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Performance, interior materials and build quality,"

Cons: "Appropriately pricey."

"This is automobile perfection as far as I am concerned. Having owned multiple C6 Corvettes including a Z06, I give this car a very good grade on performance and handling. This car is rock solid, air tight, smooth as silk, silent and every square inch of the interior oozes with world class quality. Combine those things with the amazing performance level and this car really rocks. I have had zero problems. I smile from ear to ear every time I settle into the driver's seat and hit the start button. The seats are amazingly comfortable. The electronics are simple to operate if you just spend a few minutes learning the routine. The safety features lead the industry. The Harmon Kardon stereo is top notch. Styling is awesome. This car turns heads every time it goes down the road. Zero complaints. Buy the car if you are considering it."

There is a place for your sunglasses

By on Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cons: "easy to bump on cruise control"

"I don't know why everyone keeps stating there is no where to put your sunglasses, perhaps they haven't done a full inspection of the interior? You can put your sunglasses in the holders that are under both of front two seats. I use this area somtimes to hold my shoes (hate driving in heals) but it can also hold sunglasses. The middle holder is also quite big, it holds chanel 2.55 without a problem (except for the 227 model..to big) :). This is a great, fun car to drive and I would definitly recommend it. My husband bought me this when it first came out in 2012 and I am still not bored with it"

I have fallen in Love with it.

By on Sunday, February 9, 2014

"Handles great, I love the innovative safety technology,beautiful look. Tires and wheels are the only issue. As is typical with sports wheels (20 in) I have to watch out for bumps that may damage wheels and tires are expensive to replace.I do get the wheels touched up periodically ($120). I would buy it again in a heartbeat."

She's a brick house...

By on Sunday, November 8, 2015

Pros: "Sexy, fun to drive, solid performance"

Cons: "It's a coupe- limited vision from back windows"

"I never thought a car could be this much fun to drive. She's solid, holds the road like a big cat and her power will knock your socks off. Instant, no hesitation performance. A remarkable feat of engineering."

One of the best overall cars Mercedes makes

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Quick, good gas milage, great looks"

Cons: "rear seat area is very small"

"Where can one buy a slick looking car with exceptional power and quality...only the MB CLS550. The only negative is the small rear seating area...but, remember this is a coup that has four doors,"

Most amazing vehicle I've ever driven

By on Monday, September 7, 2015

Pros: "I love to drive this BEAST"

Cons: "The navi system is a tick behind the competition"

"First of all the car is drop dead gorgeous. The deep red with the saddle/black interior looks awesome. I can't tell you impressed I am after a couple of hundred miles. So smooth, solid and luxurious. The fit, finish & quality are truly impressive. I am I life long Lexus guy and I will point out the differences. This is my first German car. I was looking for luxury, power and good looks in a 4 door car. In my opinion, nothing looks better in that class than the MB CLS. I did not buy the 550 because I thought the 400 had more than enough power and I like a little more gas mileage. Also, the money I saved could go into equipment. Specs: 1. 2016 CLS 400 2. P1 & P2 3. Semi aniline leather 4. Distronic pkg 5. Park assist 6. Folding rear seats 7. Wheel package 8. Multi contour seats Positives: Very well made, gorgeous interior and yes I do like the Ipad on the dash. It's nice and big and it's right in your face. The technology is excellent, especially the distronic package, It does work very well. Great handling and plenty of power. Spacious and super comfortable. Negatives: I don't believe the music interface and the navigation is quite up to Lexus in the way it works and performs. WHAT IS WITH THOSE STUPID DOOR LOCK PINS? I never liked the back tires larger than the front tires, rotation issues. It makes no sense to me. Overall, I am totally blown away with this car. It is a pleasure to get in it every day. Ordered it on Memorial day, arrived in port on 9/1, delivered 9/4. Loving it ever since."

like all high end cars,overpriced but better than?

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, quick car for such a large car"

Cons: "no holder for sunglasses"

"have the 2014 for 2 months. have had nothing but problems with the sound system. Claims of Harmon Kardon special tuning are a joke. Car has been in 5 times for loose interior panels and vibrations and still sounds worse than any vechile I have ever owned. slight hesitation on accelaration. otherwise a nice car. Worth this kind of money?"

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, July 15, 2015

"Better than other MB models I have owned, my current is a 2013 and I recenely ordered a new 2016 to be delivered next week."

Great car. Most compliments I have ever rec'd!

By on Sunday, October 5, 2014

"This car is a pleasure to drive and the appearance is w/out question. I love to drive it, the power, comfort, handling. This car has everything that you would want in a luxury car."

Nicest High end car I have owned.....

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Pros: "Quick, sleek and comfortable."

Cons: "Telephone/Electronics need an update to 2016 stds"

"This car has most everything I was looking for....power, comfort and amenities. The phone system in the car is a drawback as it is not voice responsive. I had a 2014 Corvette convertible and was looking for something that was easier on my aging back, but was still sexy and quick......This for now is meeting those needs."

Gorgeous Car

By on Friday, July 4, 2014

"The CLS is a beautiful, stunning car on the exterior and with it's high performance engine - such fun to drive. It's a perfect car - high performance, looks, personality, all - wheel drive (a must in the snowy winters we have) PLUS - great gas mileage!"

THIS CAR LOOKS GOOD AND DRIVES BETTER-4 DOOR COUPE

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Great fun to drive car.produces lots compliments"

Cons: "Wish car had better factory tires!"

"Great handling car, which still draws compliments. Great driver's car, with an engine which performs and sounds good, too! Rear seats fold down, to increase luggage capacity. Sporty drive and look in a 4 door couple! Another AMG success!"

outstanding in every way

By on Monday, August 3, 2015

Pros: "The AMG motor makes this car exciting to drive."

"Most fun car I have ever owned, it will do everything I ask of it."

Awesome!

By on Saturday, August 8, 2015

Pros: "great price, comfortable, rolling along at 140mph"

"CLS63 AMG is Number 5 of the Mercedes-Benz line. I am permanent & total disabled no complaints, Overall a #10 for a Grand vehicle."

Untouchable

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Pros: "power, quality"

"this is my third CLS, but this time I went for the S model AMG, and its unbelievable, although the 550 is crazy on its own, but CLS63 s AMG is in class by it self, when MB says 3.4 seconds to 60 they are being conservative, its little faster, not many cars can out run this baby."

Just a great fun car to drive!!

By on Monday, July 9, 2012

"I love this car."

Great vehicle, but overpriced

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Cool"

Cons: "Nowhere to hold my sunglasses"

"I've never actually owned one of these cars, but I can guarentee you that it's a great one. Very cool car, but I wish I had a place to put my sunglasses. :("

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class near Honolulu. See local deals