2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

Based on 18 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

lots of power and driving pleasure-true beauty

By on Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pros: "pure driving pleasure and power"

"Test drove the panamera 4s- felt rather sluggish. Also test drove the bmw 550 which felt much better, but the cls was an absolute blast! Considered the jaguar xj, but wanted something sportier. Go for the 4matic if you live in the north east (or states with lots of snow). True driving pleasure, just wish the back seats hand folding capability and also that the side mirrors could automatically fold in. buying a bit more gas, but that I expected. I’ve loved every minute of owning and driving this car over the past 10 month- absolutely no issues whatsoever. Go for it!"

Power, power, and more power.

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Too pricey, but worth every penny when you push it"

Cons: "Some fit and finish issues. 50 MPH spare."

"I have owned this car for almost a year. Where it shines is in high speed passing on the highway. Its handling is not on a par with the BMW M3, but what is? Or even the Lincoln LS, which is much more positive in tight turns. But the CLS 550 is a BLAST to drive. Just don't push it too hard into corners, and you will have the drive of your life. The electronics on the car are even more quirky than the "My Ford" electronics, and I still have not mastered all the features. The suspension is quick to bottom out, especially in the sport mode. The tires are not good for anything but smooth pavement, and I have broken two tires on mild potholes. The M-Brace system works great as long as you are near civilization, but watch out if you are 200 miles or more from a dealer. You are on your own."

This is my second CLS550 that I have owned

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "The best MB I have had - have had 8 MB cars"

Cons: "Can't think of any negatives."

"I like the 2014 because I loaded it up with almost ever option except the 4matic. I live in Florida in the Winter and were so fortunate to never have had any snow or ice requiring a 4 wheel driver. I have to say the most important options I have is Distronic. I had Adaptive Cruise on a 2006 Cadillac and I didn't get it on my last CLS but I got it on the 2014. It's worth the cost. I have the Lane Assist which is not the best driving experience but it keeps track of your driving and the shaking steering column is somewhat distracting but it will keep you alert. This new CLS has almost too much stuff to enjoy while driving. I cannot state all that I like on this car as I would create a book. It truely is an Amazing Vehicle and if your like Cars you will Love the 2014 Mercedes CLS550. If you like a Sporty Luxury Car you cannot go wrong with puchasing the 2014 CLS550, just get every available option and you won't be disappointed."

My video

Taken May 5 2013, It is 6 days old.

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Performance, interior materials and build quality,"

Cons: "Appropriately pricey."

"This is automobile perfection as far as I am concerned. Having owned multiple C6 Corvettes including a Z06, I give this car a very good grade on performance and handling. This car is rock solid, air tight, smooth as silk, silent and every square inch of the interior oozes with world class quality. Combine those things with the amazing performance level and this car really rocks. I have had zero problems. I smile from ear to ear every time I settle into the driver's seat and hit the start button. The seats are amazingly comfortable. The electronics are simple to operate if you just spend a few minutes learning the routine. The safety features lead the industry. The Harmon Kardon stereo is top notch. Styling is awesome. This car turns heads every time it goes down the road. Zero complaints. Buy the car if you are considering it."

Perfect package - looks, handling, performance

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, solid and safe, comfy yet sporty"

Cons: "They don't give them away (expensive)"

"After 6 BMWs, I fell in love with the new CLS and had to have one. It does it all superbly -- comfortable, quiet but with a great V-8 exhaust note, handles great on corners but also a great cruiser, fast, looks fabulous, all the great options. I've only had it a short time, but already find the quality better than BMW (plus it doesn't have those horrible run-flat tires)."

nice car when not in repair shop for warranty wor

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "ride, handling, power"

Cons: "NAV system and even worse reliability"

"Satisfied with ride, handling, power but car has been to dealer for 4 plus times for several days at a time for electrical problems. The car's beauty is not worth the poor NAV system and even worse reliability"

There is a place for your sunglasses

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Cons: "easy to bump on cruise control"

"I don't know why everyone keeps stating there is no where to put your sunglasses, perhaps they haven't done a full inspection of the interior? You can put your sunglasses in the holders that are under both of front two seats. I use this area somtimes to hold my shoes (hate driving in heals) but it can also hold sunglasses. The middle holder is also quite big, it holds chanel 2.55 without a problem (except for the 227 model..to big) :). This is a great, fun car to drive and I would definitly recommend it. My husband bought me this when it first came out in 2012 and I am still not bored with it"

Just Awesome Ride with Power to spare...

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "acceleration and power-interior features"

Cons: "no room in back seat? Let 'em call a cab!!"

"I'll start out by saying that I work in sales in the auto industry....Now I 1st became interested in this vehicle because of the outward looks...sleek..classy...unique unto itself...I bought this beauty with never taking a test drive or sitting in it(kinda dumb)...I just trusted what I read and I knew what appealed to me cosmetically...Once I drove it,I knew I had "done good". The layout of the interior is stunning and then comes the power plant...it accelerates at a pace I had not experienced in my dealership brands and we have the "hemi"(oops). The acceleration at any speed is outstanding-it was made to run!! I have had it since April '13 and only 2,000 miles-wish I didn't have to work so much to pay for it so I could drive it more. I love the back massage feature and the dual side bolster features. I take my wife out to dinner more often so we can drive it and the looks from others lets me know that I have a unique ride."

wow

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "all around beautiful car,"

Cons: "back seat is slightly tight but not uncomfortable"

"This car is sleek, fast, well appointed and fun to drive. The 4 matic works great in inclimate weather. Favorite features are the distronic cruise, messaging seat and the awesome HK sound system. I typically don't drive at excessive speed but when you feel the need, this thing literally sucks you to the seat and growls. All around beautiful machine, quality throughout. Nice trunk space too."

Now THIS is the car I've been waiting for!

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Drives great, so comfortable, beautiful!!"

Cons: "No power folding exterior mirrors-??"

"Didn't think I could ever give up the BMW driving experience... test drove every luxury sedan (Audi, Lexus, BMW, Jag, Porsche...) and this just blows them all away. Best of all worlds with the power, performance, handling, luxury, and features. It makes me WANT to drive, and what a joy to take others for a ride. Select sport/comfort transmission at the push of a button. Fuel economy is not bad with the eco start/stop feature. Things like the power seat with massage and gorgeous wood/leather steering wheel with thumb grips and paddle shifters are just icing on the cake. Tons of storage between the center console, glove box, and under seat compartments. Flawless bluetooth streaming of calls and music. Speakers everywhere for the Harman Kardon surround sound. MB customer service is outstanding. I'm hooked and I'll never look back!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class near Honolulu. See local deals