• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Best car ever!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Too many to name, very fast, sexy looks, etc."

Cons: "Only 4 seats"

"This car is truly amazing. The V8 engine is so smooth, and the pull on the highway is superb. With 391 lb-ft of torque and 382 horsepower, I was a bit scared when I first started to drive it. But it is so refined that the immense power is delivered only when you summon it. And when you summon it, it is super fast so you have to be careful. The exterior and interior are very sexy as well. I love the wood trim. I also love that there is tons of leather everywhere you look. And the best part is you get to say it's a Mercedes-Benz. Many luxury features, power seats, heated seats, sun shade, moonroof, you name it. The ride is amazing, too. You have many different settings, like comfort mode, sport 1, sport 2, etc. This car is fantastic!"

My Dream Car!

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I wanted this car from the minute I saw the first photo. I had been driving a MB CLK for six years, but was tired of having only two doors. This has the style of a CLK, but with the added bonus of four doors. The engine provides more than ample power (way too easy to get up to 80 or 90 on the highway without realizing it!) and the ride is a dream. Back seat leg room is a little skimpy if two tall people are in the front seats, but it is certainly plenty comfortable for four for a night out. It has also been the most reliable, trouble free MB I have ever owned. It is definitely pricey, but I also believe I will drive this car for a very long time, and love every minute of it!"

Could have been a winner

By on Sunday, April 20, 2008

"I have never owned a MB before and was satisfied with service of my Lexus and performance of the Infiniti series. So I had high expectation for this "stylized" E class. While I was very happy with the engine perfomance and handling, little things such as squealing breaks, poor ergonomics and a tempermental transmission took away from the overall performance. Styling does go a long way in my book and you have to recognize the compromises required for a low roofline (don't buy if you have bad knees). Its my opinion you don't purchase this type of car for value or how it performs in the snow, it's all about power and prestige. Sort of like dating a supermodel. If it does more than get you envious looks by the guys (and gals) back at the stop light its all to the good. I would like to replace my Dealership with the my Lexus shop, but I suspect that's a region by region difference."

Beware What's Inside A Beauty!

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Couple of years ago, I sat out to buy an E-class; I ended up with a CLS-500. I have to admit it was lust at first sight. How could you not be? There was nothing like it out there, and don't get me started on the Lexus LS! Well, beauty is one thing, reliability is another. Within the first 500 miles, my brake started to squeek; the transmission felt real hyper and jerky; the heat vents on the dash were not given out even air/heat; the handrest cabinet door could not shut. All of the above were fixed, except for the heat vents, which I was told that the CLS was built like that. Also, occasionally, the handrest door doesn't close."

Indefensible - But Oh, So Lovely

By on Sunday, August 01, 2010

"Saw one next to me in slow traffic in February '08, and decided (against all common sense) in March that I had to have one. Ordered it in late April (an '09 model) from the ground up, they built it in June and I took delivery in early July. I'd had an 'S' Class many years ago, but the CLS550 has been a modern marvel in all respects. I smile whenever I walk into the garage. Gotta be careful when entering/exiting (that lovely low roofline!), and MB service is expectedly pricey, but when I'm behind the wheel, the smile just won't fade. Can't recommend the car for any practical/sensible reasons. This is a vehicle for people whose hearts rule their heads, automotively. You know who you are!"

NO REMORSE

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"I LIKED THIS CAR FROM THE FIRST TIME I SAW IT. MONTHS LATER, AFTER MUCH INTERNAL DEBATE, I WENT TO THE DEALER "JUST TO LOOK". A WEEK LATER I BOUGHT A "PRE-OWNED" 07. GOT A VERY GOOD DEAL ON IT WITH THE P2 LEVEL AND AMG PACKAGE. WHENEVER I THINK I MIGHT HAVE NOT BEEN TOO WISE, I JUST GO OUT AND LOOK AT IT, WHICH LEADS TO DRIVING IT, WHICH LEADS TO FEELING THAT THIS IS THE BEST, COOLEST, FUN CAR I HAVE EVER HAD. NO REGRETS!!!"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"I ordered this with black on black and AMG sport package, and it looks elegant - I constantly get complements how good the car looks. The interior is top shelf, and very comfortable, The only negative is that Mercedes isn't keeping up in the radio/nav department. A neighbor's Jeep Cherokee nav puts the Mercedes system to shame! The engine is incredible! It pulls like a freight train! Gas mileage averages 18 city/24 hwy. The only problem in 1 1/2 years has been with cam belt tensioner sensor; it took three trips to the dealer to sort it out. Trunk space is limited - two sets of golf clubs plus luggage makes it almost possible to avoid back seat overflow. in summary, this is the best car I have ever owned. A great luxury car, with plenty of "sport" built in. If you want an modern day classic this is your car."

Best car ever

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

"I fell in love with the style of this fabulous car, and when I drove it, it far exceeded my expectations. The very powerful 382 hp V8 is perfect for freeway entry and passing. I truly love the luxury of this car, and the overall fit and finish. After a half year in service, the CLS 550 is still as solid as when I first drove it home. My experience with this car has been of trouble free enjoyment."

Good Luxury Vehicle

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"We bought the car the first year it came out (2006- bought in Oct 2005). After 3 yrs we barely have 22,000 miles on it. Minor computer glitches happen every once in a while and the first year has tires that later models do not so it was hard to find the tire when one got flat. Also, because the front tires are different from the back, you can't rotate. Overall, we've enjoyed the vehicle."

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Pros: "Impressive styling"

"Beautiful car, great ride and interior. I used to drive a Porsche, so the handling is not the same, but this is a very powerful handles well."

Driving Enjoyment

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Its a very solid car and really makes you feel like you are in a cockpit. I looked at the S63, but could not justify the 20K price difference when the 550 still runs a 5.4 0-60. From a style perspective, its a car that will always be in the front at the valet. Pros: comfortable front seats, good steering wheel, venting in the sunroof allows the heat to flow out of the top in the summer (in the actual ceiling). ability to feel the road or soften the ride to feel like a Lexus GS by flipping a switch. Overall, a very solid feel. Cons: It is expensive, would not buy it without a good dealer behind it. You get what you pay for though as its a very well-made car. The Navigation is still not on par with Lexus and the screen is a bit antiquated looking. The brakes start to squeal at about 50%. Overall, its a fun car to drive. I love driving it on both the open highway and country roads."

Executive Express

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"Still the best-looking sedan on the road, bar none. Fast, quiet, comfortable, and dripping with features and power assists. Fuel mileage is surprisingly good, 26+ even at 80 mph on the interstate. More like 14-16 in town. Outward visibility is somewhat restricted, owing to the low, swoopy roofline and high belt that gives it the eye appeal. The trunk is roomy, but suffers from a high liftover and smallish decklid (lifts high out of the way, but the opening is pretty small). Gotta watch those expensive alloys with their Michelin rim-protectors, curb rash is an every-present risk. Not as torquey as the CLS55 it replaced, but still a ton of fun."

Very high performance

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Great car, but had numerous mechanical problems with car.....all fixed with manufacturers warranty"

Yeah babey!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I bought a Mercedes from the internet last year (1998 500 SL) and I just loved it. Like driving a cloud. Anyway, in having it serviced recently I did the unthinkable and sat in the 500 CLS. Short story short, I bought one a few weeks later and I'm one month into this fantastic experience. If you can afford it, I highly recommend it!"

My Best car ever. Had a E320 and E430 before

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "beautiful lines. Interior is top notch"

Cons: "Just what I said above."

"All excellent except for the price; they could have given me Xenon headlights and fold mirrors. One minor irritation is the visibility for left hand turns. Need to do some neck stretching due to the windshield column interference. My car is a 2008 model"

Best Looking Car on the Road

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"I have put 36000 trouble free miles on this car. It is a pleasure to drive and to own. Although it is 3 years old, it still looks new and people still comment on its good looks. It is the first car I have had that I don't want to give up when the lease expires soon."

pleasure to drive

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"Excellent handling, control suppension, very good excelleration, the techtronic trans performs great, having a button for comfort take off, or simply press s for the sport mode take off, which will spin the wheels, having 384 hp.the ride is very smooth and solid."

So Sleek and sexy

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Great price, awesome look, has lots of power!"

Cons: "unfortunately none"

"I love this car, i have a 2006 alabaster white cls 500. It holds up with alot of cars, it's beastly and feels amazing to drive. Maintenance can be expensive!!): but totally worth if for this one of a kind car. Car stands out from any other benz out there and its about 7 years old now. this benz i will be definitely be keeping for awhile!"

2006 CLS55 AMG

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cons: "A little Pricey"

"Have owned car for 4 years now, and still love the performance. Handles and holds the road very well. This car has so much power and the comfort never leaves no matter the how fast your going It still feels smooth. Very fun car to drive seats could be a little bit more comfortable they tend to hold you a little to much around your back section. This car is not for a big person. The only thing thing I can say bad about the car is it seems to eat tires up on the inside. Which will have you constantly replacing them. Overall I recommend this car."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Great car to drive."

Cons: "Nav system harder to learn to use than expected."

"Excellent appearance. Outstanding ride characteristics. The power needed when you need it. The car has more amenitiies than I could want. Excellent gas mileage on long distance trips, better than 24 mpg. Absolutely no maintenance or reliability problems with the car since I bought it."

Great wheels!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Body style"

Cons: "Resale value"

"Enjoyed it since I drive it off the assembly line in Stuttgart. Car is awesome, and engine is a beast. Still the most classic body shape of anything on the road."

best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "expensive"

"Ive had a great experience with this car. It drives excellent and it's everything I thought it would be.This car s in great condition interior/exterior also."

CLS550

By on Saturday, July 31, 2010

"I bought used 2007 with 11500 miles . It is German car and performance and not expect to be smooth like LS460. I like the car and nice handling and great Drive."

CLS 550, awesome car!

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"I've owned numerous Benz and BMW's and this is by far the best car that I've owned. The performance is outstanding with tremendous thrust. Ride and comfort is also excellent as long as you are under 6 feet tall. The low roofline, while stunning to look at, can obstruct visability and takes some getting used to. I just hope that in the future that Benz continues to improve their client experience at the dealership as I've walked out of several MB stores with a less than satisfied feeling. My wife drives a Lexus, and the dealership experience is truly exceptional. If you can bring yourself to leave the car with a valet, it will always be one of the cars on prominent display. A real head-turner car, no doubt!"

Best Style/Performance Vehicle Ever

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"If you are under 6 ft tall and enjoy, sleek styling, speed and great fit and finish in a car, then you will love this car. As a small framed woman who loves all of the above-the CLS550 is an incredible car. All the performance of a sports car with convenience of a 4 door and big trunk. The transmission is outstanding and handles very well. Only downside is Navigation system."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class near Honolulu. See local deals