2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Best car ever!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Too many to name, very fast, sexy looks, etc."

Cons: "Only 4 seats"

"This car is truly amazing. The V8 engine is so smooth, and the pull on the highway is superb. With 391 lb-ft of torque and 382 horsepower, I was a bit scared when I first started to drive it. But it is so refined that the immense power is delivered only when you summon it. And when you summon it, it is super fast so you have to be careful. The exterior and interior are very sexy as well. I love the wood trim. I also love that there is tons of leather everywhere you look. And the best part is you get to say it's a Mercedes-Benz. Many luxury features, power seats, heated seats, sun shade, moonroof, you name it. The ride is amazing, too. You have many different settings, like comfort mode, sport 1, sport 2, etc. This car is fantastic!"

My Dream Car!

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I wanted this car from the minute I saw the first photo. I had been driving a MB CLK for six years, but was tired of having only two doors. This has the style of a CLK, but with the added bonus of four doors. The engine provides more than ample power (way too easy to get up to 80 or 90 on the highway without realizing it!) and the ride is a dream. Back seat leg room is a little skimpy if two tall people are in the front seats, but it is certainly plenty comfortable for four for a night out. It has also been the most reliable, trouble free MB I have ever owned. It is definitely pricey, but I also believe I will drive this car for a very long time, and love every minute of it!"

Could have been a winner

By on Sunday, April 20, 2008

"I have never owned a MB before and was satisfied with service of my Lexus and performance of the Infiniti series. So I had high expectation for this "stylized" E class. While I was very happy with the engine perfomance and handling, little things such as squealing breaks, poor ergonomics and a tempermental transmission took away from the overall performance. Styling does go a long way in my book and you have to recognize the compromises required for a low roofline (don't buy if you have bad knees). Its my opinion you don't purchase this type of car for value or how it performs in the snow, it's all about power and prestige. Sort of like dating a supermodel. If it does more than get you envious looks by the guys (and gals) back at the stop light its all to the good. I would like to replace my Dealership with the my Lexus shop, but I suspect that's a region by region difference."

Beware What's Inside A Beauty!

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Couple of years ago, I sat out to buy an E-class; I ended up with a CLS-500. I have to admit it was lust at first sight. How could you not be? There was nothing like it out there, and don't get me started on the Lexus LS! Well, beauty is one thing, reliability is another. Within the first 500 miles, my brake started to squeek; the transmission felt real hyper and jerky; the heat vents on the dash were not given out even air/heat; the handrest cabinet door could not shut. All of the above were fixed, except for the heat vents, which I was told that the CLS was built like that. Also, occasionally, the handrest door doesn't close."

Indefensible - But Oh, So Lovely

By on Sunday, August 01, 2010

"Saw one next to me in slow traffic in February '08, and decided (against all common sense) in March that I had to have one. Ordered it in late April (an '09 model) from the ground up, they built it in June and I took delivery in early July. I'd had an 'S' Class many years ago, but the CLS550 has been a modern marvel in all respects. I smile whenever I walk into the garage. Gotta be careful when entering/exiting (that lovely low roofline!), and MB service is expectedly pricey, but when I'm behind the wheel, the smile just won't fade. Can't recommend the car for any practical/sensible reasons. This is a vehicle for people whose hearts rule their heads, automotively. You know who you are!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class near Honolulu. See local deals