• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

Based on 195 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

BEAUTIFUL CAR

By on Thursday, May 07, 2009

"I own a CLK 430 and I tell you its overall a beautiful car if your an enthusiast of high performance and styling. Love the V8 power and ESP.But I reccomend this car only if you can afford the maintenance costs($130 oil changes for example). I also had issues with my power seats, temperature guage and display -along with having to replace a bulb somewhere ever so often; trunk, interior light(both), signal, fog light(both), and rear brake light."

Unbelievably Poor Quality

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, nice exhaust note."

Cons: "All the repairs"

"I purchased this vehicle with 58,000 miles for my wife. There's absolutely no way I could own this car if I couldn't repair it myself. Oil leaks fixed: rear main seal, valve covers, oil level sensor, oil pan. Tranny leaks: electrical coupling; pan. Also replaced: motor mounts, tie rod assembly, ball joints, check strap in driver door, water pump, steering damper. No question in my mind the reason behind all this is what's on the nameplate inside driver's door frame: Daimler Chrysler."

Great car, but maint problems

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"This was my first MB and Its been a blast to drive this car. It performs and handles better than most and is a joy to drive. Now the bad, this car will no doubt have maintenance problems, there is no doubt about it. You will always be in the shop repairing something on this car, and it is NOT CHEAP!! I would recommend this car to anyone who can afford the maintenance costs. Other than the maintenance headaches, this car is truly a great car, and fun to drive... I hope this helps readers..."

Looks good, enjoy driving

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good handling, good pick-up for a 6 cyl."

Cons: "Repairs can be costly."

"I have had this car for almost 2 yrs and enjoy the car and driving it every day. If you want affordable repairs or regular maintenance this is not the car for you. But if you do the regular tune ups the car will be dependable. Also if you want to do some of the tune ups yourself well that I don't recommend. Some parts need special tools and some areas are too difficult to reach. But I always get compliments and the car looks real good for being 11 yrs old."

Huge Value!!

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I just can't believe you can get this awesome car that cost $50,000 new for around $15,000 now. Good mileage, unreal handling and "planted in the seat" power. The best value on the road today!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class near Honolulu. See local deals