2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,990 - $29,915.

Invoice N/A

10/7.8

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Not happy with vehicle - hesitates when downshifts

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "New features - had a lot of learning to do"

Cons: "Hesitates when downshifting is required"

"Vehicle is hard riding and noisy, especially with the low-profile 'run flat' tires. I'm extremely unhappy that the vehicle hesitates when it is suppose to downshift and when it does, it will suddenly accelerate very rapidly - must be careful if an object is in front of you. Fuel mileage per gal is better than a Mercedes GLK350 I previously owned. A lot of new features to learn and I had to read and re-read the operators' and command manuals."

Excellent car w/ a beautiful design

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Everybody will love it is wonderful"

Cons: "No for big families is small in the back"

"Every body look at this car because is a beautiful model and it feels very reliable too, is a powerful turbo accelerator sometimes I got a little scared because it goes from 0 to 60 mph in only 4 seconds it has a lot of features for the price."

money well spent

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Build quality, driving dynamic, mileage, VALUE"

Cons: "DCT takes some time to get used to"

"Owned the car since Sep 2013 (yup i was told mine was the very first CLA the dealership delivered). I am very pleased with its interior quality and driving dynamic as you would expect from a MB. Gas mileage is almost as good as advertised (I got low 20s in city and mid-low 30s on hwy). A lot people don't but personally I absolutely love the stop/start. The DCT transmission sometimes feels reluctant to shift (eg. when you push it too hard), which took me a while to get used to. Mine CLA got the sports suspension which is super fun through corners but can be too stiff as a family car. Overall I'd definitely recommend this car to anybody."

Not your grandpa's Benz

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "The hippest 3 pointed star in the US thus far."

Cons: "No cup holders in the back"

"Best bang for the buck ever for the three pointed star. I couldn't afford the AMG45 but my CLA250 4Matic is still plenty of fun. For a base model-- bottom of the line, it still has many more features than many $30K 'loaded' cookie cutter cars. Auto start/stop, auto hold, collision avoidance, paddle shifter, auto wipers, auto tilt down mirror as well as all the usual accoutrements you would expect from the Teutons. The mileage is good too. I was averaging 38.5MPG during a 3 hours trip on the highway. However,the gas cap is on the wrong side!!! Don't they know German cars are supposed to fill up on the right side? If you're looking for cupholders in the back, stop looking. It isn't there. The start/stop function works well but it's a little crunchy. Also I wish I would have splurged a bit more on the uber cool options. Fortunately, sleek styling, cool interior and wonderful drive dynamic makes up for most of its inadequacies."

Outstanding performance/economy with a few hiccups

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling and economy with 4-door utility"

Cons: "Abysmal audio controls; DCT neither smooth nor fun"

"My CLA45-AMG meets or exceeds all my requirements for a high-performance, 4-door sedan. I use the car primarily for long-distance trips and prefer back roads over the interstate highways. Strengths include exceptional engine performance and brakes. I've owned two C7 Corvettes, and for all practical purposes the AMG can accelerate and pass as well as they could on public roads. More surprisingly, the fuel economy has been significantly better than I anticipated. When driven normally I get about 26 MPG in town and over 32 MPG on the open road. Obviously, when pushed hard the mileage suffers accordingly, but that is to be expected. The car is comfortable although the ride is firm which is what I prefer. I deliberately stayed with the standard equipment 18"wheels rather than the optional 19". Likewise, I choose standard, non run-flat tires which I detest. Dislikes include the audio system, which sounds fine, but is ridiculously complex to operate. The controls on my 2009 Cobalt work just as well and are infinitely simpler to use. What I can do with one push of a button on the Cobalt requires three and sometimes four button actions on the Mercedes. Just stupid! Likewise, the display screen in the middle of the dashboard works OK, but simply looks like an "add-on". The electronic steering is "over-assisted" in my opinion and doesn't provide the feedback I like/expect from a performance car. Also, this is the first car I've owned that had the dual clutch transmission. I'm not impressed. It's not as smooth as an automatic and no where near as fun/engaging as a manual. Likewise, the "stop/start" engine feature works as advertised when the "ECO" mode, but has a slight delay after brake release before the engine starts, which can be disconcerting when turning left across traffic. Bottom line: I'm satisfied. It does what I needed it to do, but I miss my Corvette!"

1st new Mercedes-Benz and very pleased

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great looking & driving M-B for $35K"

Cons: "Smaller rear seat, no spare tire, no rear armrest"

CLA250 on the showroom floor

"Purchased a Certified Pre-owned CLA250 (4,900 miles) two weeks ago. Went in to buy a 2 yr. old off lease C300 4matic but wife saw the Jupiter Red CLA on the showroom floor and fell in love with it. Two weeks on and all is well. I'm a long time M-B owner but always 2 or 3 generations behind, so I'm excited to have one of their newest products. Was concerned about "newness" factor but salesman the chassis had been in development for 5 years in Europe as the A class people carrier before coming to the USA. CLA handled well during the test drive with ride being pretty firm, which I like, but our car also has the 18" wheels with 40 series tires. Acceptable power from the 4 cyl engine, and changing into "Sport" mode definitely helped the acceleration. "Eco" mode shuts the car off at stops which takes some getting used to, but AC and other accessories seem to keep working so no problem there. Also like the interior look and feel. M-B text looks like leather and the stitching in the door panel and seats impressed my wife. Interior lighting layout is nice as well. I liked being able to buy a front drive car from Mercedes instead of all wheel drive for the Chicago winters. Was also looking for a fuel economy improvement over C300 which we got as well. Yes back seat is small but I'm 6ft and can get in and out OK. Not great for cross country but would handle 4 adults for a day trip nicely. Nice size trunk and flexibility of fold down rear seats will help make this a great everyday car once the newness wears off. Since our car was Certified Pre-Owned we received and extra year on the factory warranty and unlimited mileage. Purchased an extra two year warranty for $2450 giving us a total 6.25 years of warranty and unlimited mileage. Hoping I don't need to use any of it but we plan on keeping the car so thought it was good investment long term."

CLA250 on the showroom floor

Great car

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Handling and feel. Steering is solid. Love it."

Cons: "None so far."

"I really enjoy driving the CLA 250 everyday. The car is fun to drive with great handling and nice power. I'm getting 32.5 miles to the gallon in mixed driving. 40 on the highway and around 29 in town driving. The cabin is quiet and comfortable and I get a lot of looks and comments about how people like the design and looks of the car. I would definitely buy this car again, but I plan on keeping it for at least 6 to 7 more years."

Great car. Enjoying the drive and gas mileage.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "the panoramic roof, p1 package, smooth trans.,"

Cons: "bi-xeon light package"

"This is a great car. I spent some time trying to find a dealer willing to work with me on the price. I had to have the pano roof. That is a huge plus to the car. Should have separate controls to open the roof and the sunscreen, but it does not. The responsiveness of the motor to car size is fantastic. The fit and comfort of the interior is great, not a car to haul adults in though. The backseat is small. The trunk area is massive. The fuel economy is great, when you keep your driving non-sporting. The bi-xeon light package is fine unless you have had experience with a better version. There should be another higher level package then the one available. I spent extra expecting something better than what I got."

Great car for the price!

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Sleek beautiful design, gas ecomonical, colors"

Cons: "Nothing is standard, everything is extra!"

"Pro's-Sleek beautiful design, not a gas gussler, beautiful colors option Cons-Nothing is standard on this vehicle. Once you place the options on it, it turns into a $40,000 car. Wood dash panel is extra, door pin locks extra, car color is extra, blind spot assist is extra, AMG wheels are extra, panoramic sunroof is extra, rear camera is also extra. The starting price is a stripped down version. Not very powerful, a bit of a rough ride on pot holes, the tires are run flat, so if you have a flat, you will need to purchase a new tire $500 range per tire, I recommend you get the tire/wheel warranty."

So pleased with my MB

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Great price, sporty looks, fun car"

Cons: "small back seat, be careful of signal arms on left"

"I researched this car for a few months and was able to find one local in November 2013. I had dealt with a different dealer online 50 miles away and was going to purchase from him. Just went to 'look' and test drive at my local dealer before I committed. I showed the price to them and since they wanted the local business, they gave me $ 2,000 off the competitors price. Out the door with lots of options and a 4 year paid maintenance for $39,000. Not as zippy as my Lexus IS350, but step on it and in S mode, it moves off the mark. Be careful confusing turn signal arm with cruise control arm, they are close together! Gets lots of looks and sporty comments! Love love love it!"