2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,059 - $29,932.

Invoice N/A

10/7.8

Based on 10 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Not your grandpa's Benz

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "The hippest 3 pointed star in the US thus far."

Cons: "No cup holders in the back"

"Best bang for the buck ever for the three pointed star. I couldn't afford the AMG45 but my CLA250 4Matic is still plenty of fun. For a base model-- bottom of the line, it still has many more features than many $30K 'loaded' cookie cutter cars. Auto start/stop, auto hold, collision avoidance, paddle shifter, auto wipers, auto tilt down mirror as well as all the usual accoutrements you would expect from the Teutons. The mileage is good too. I was averaging 38.5MPG during a 3 hours trip on the highway. However,the gas cap is on the wrong side!!! Don't they know German cars are supposed to fill up on the right side? If you're looking for cupholders in the back, stop looking. It isn't there. The start/stop function works well but it's a little crunchy. Also I wish I would have splurged a bit more on the uber cool options. Fortunately, sleek styling, cool interior and wonderful drive dynamic makes up for most of its inadequacies."

Outstanding performance/economy with a few hiccups

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling and economy with 4-door utility"

Cons: "Abysmal audio controls; DCT neither smooth nor fun"

"My CLA45-AMG meets or exceeds all my requirements for a high-performance, 4-door sedan. I use the car primarily for long-distance trips and prefer back roads over the interstate highways. Strengths include exceptional engine performance and brakes. I've owned two C7 Corvettes, and for all practical purposes the AMG can accelerate and pass as well as they could on public roads. More surprisingly, the fuel economy has been significantly better than I anticipated. When driven normally I get about 26 MPG in town and over 32 MPG on the open road. Obviously, when pushed hard the mileage suffers accordingly, but that is to be expected. The car is comfortable although the ride is firm which is what I prefer. I deliberately stayed with the standard equipment 18"wheels rather than the optional 19". Likewise, I choose standard, non run-flat tires which I detest. Dislikes include the audio system, which sounds fine, but is ridiculously complex to operate. The controls on my 2009 Cobalt work just as well and are infinitely simpler to use. What I can do with one push of a button on the Cobalt requires three and sometimes four button actions on the Mercedes. Just stupid! Likewise, the display screen in the middle of the dashboard works OK, but simply looks like an "add-on". The electronic steering is "over-assisted" in my opinion and doesn't provide the feedback I like/expect from a performance car. Also, this is the first car I've owned that had the dual clutch transmission. I'm not impressed. It's not as smooth as an automatic and no where near as fun/engaging as a manual. Likewise, the "stop/start" engine feature works as advertised when the "ECO" mode, but has a slight delay after brake release before the engine starts, which can be disconcerting when turning left across traffic. Bottom line: I'm satisfied. It does what I needed it to do, but I miss my Corvette!"

1st new Mercedes-Benz and very pleased

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great looking & driving M-B for $35K"

Cons: "Smaller rear seat, no spare tire, no rear armrest"

CLA250 on the showroom floor

"Purchased a Certified Pre-owned CLA250 (4,900 miles) two weeks ago. Went in to buy a 2 yr. old off lease C300 4matic but wife saw the Jupiter Red CLA on the showroom floor and fell in love with it. Two weeks on and all is well. I'm a long time M-B owner but always 2 or 3 generations behind, so I'm excited to have one of their newest products. Was concerned about "newness" factor but salesman the chassis had been in development for 5 years in Europe as the A class people carrier before coming to the USA. CLA handled well during the test drive with ride being pretty firm, which I like, but our car also has the 18" wheels with 40 series tires. Acceptable power from the 4 cyl engine, and changing into "Sport" mode definitely helped the acceleration. "Eco" mode shuts the car off at stops which takes some getting used to, but AC and other accessories seem to keep working so no problem there. Also like the interior look and feel. M-B text looks like leather and the stitching in the door panel and seats impressed my wife. Interior lighting layout is nice as well. I liked being able to buy a front drive car from Mercedes instead of all wheel drive for the Chicago winters. Was also looking for a fuel economy improvement over C300 which we got as well. Yes back seat is small but I'm 6ft and can get in and out OK. Not great for cross country but would handle 4 adults for a day trip nicely. Nice size trunk and flexibility of fold down rear seats will help make this a great everyday car once the newness wears off. Since our car was Certified Pre-Owned we received and extra year on the factory warranty and unlimited mileage. Purchased an extra two year warranty for $2450 giving us a total 6.25 years of warranty and unlimited mileage. Hoping I don't need to use any of it but we plan on keeping the car so thought it was good investment long term."

CLA250 on the showroom floor

Great car

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Handling and feel. Steering is solid. Love it."

Cons: "None so far."

"I really enjoy driving the CLA 250 everyday. The car is fun to drive with great handling and nice power. I'm getting 32.5 miles to the gallon in mixed driving. 40 on the highway and around 29 in town driving. The cabin is quiet and comfortable and I get a lot of looks and comments about how people like the design and looks of the car. I would definitely buy this car again, but I plan on keeping it for at least 6 to 7 more years."

Great car. Enjoying the drive and gas mileage.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "the panoramic roof, p1 package, smooth trans.,"

Cons: "bi-xeon light package"

"This is a great car. I spent some time trying to find a dealer willing to work with me on the price. I had to have the pano roof. That is a huge plus to the car. Should have separate controls to open the roof and the sunscreen, but it does not. The responsiveness of the motor to car size is fantastic. The fit and comfort of the interior is great, not a car to haul adults in though. The backseat is small. The trunk area is massive. The fuel economy is great, when you keep your driving non-sporting. The bi-xeon light package is fine unless you have had experience with a better version. There should be another higher level package then the one available. I spent extra expecting something better than what I got."

Per Page:  5 | 10