2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,691 - $31,682.

Invoice N/A

10/7.8

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Value and Prestige for the Money

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Great styling and lots of standard options."

Cons: "Back seats are snug."

"It took a lot of wheeling and dealing but I finally found a Dealer willing to Discount the car by $600 off the MSRP. I had to order it with the $500 spoke wheels and walnut trim wood $325 option totaling $31,650. I paid $31,050. No other Dealer would budge off the MSRP."

So far, a great car

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "most satisfying to drive at a commendable price"

Cons: "Really none. It's not perfect but still excellent"

"Have about 1000 mi. on the vehicle so far and really like the car. Had a previous Infiniti G37 and find the MB smaller (esp. the back seat) but overall a much better handling car that is more "sport car" in driving feel. The "sport suspension" is much firmer but more fun to drive. Took a long road trip over 4 mountain passes, drove 75-80 mph otherwise and averaged about 34 mpg. I was astonished! The interior is top notch and very contemporary. Everyone likes it. The engine is definitely noisier at low speeds but as quiet as any thing else at higher speeds. I test drove 4 cylinder turbos: the Audi A4, Cadillac ATS, Lincoln MKZ and the Infiniti Q50---this was the best!"

1st new Mercedes-Benz and very pleased

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great looking & driving M-B for $35K"

Cons: "Smaller rear seat, no spare tire, no rear armrest"

CLA250 on the showroom floor

"Purchased a Certified Pre-owned CLA250 (4,900 miles) two weeks ago. Went in to buy a 2 yr. old off lease C300 4matic but wife saw the Jupiter Red CLA on the showroom floor and fell in love with it. Two weeks on and all is well. I'm a long time M-B owner but always 2 or 3 generations behind, so I'm excited to have one of their newest products. Was concerned about "newness" factor but salesman the chassis had been in development for 5 years in Europe as the A class people carrier before coming to the USA. CLA handled well during the test drive with ride being pretty firm, which I like, but our car also has the 18" wheels with 40 series tires. Acceptable power from the 4 cyl engine, and changing into "Sport" mode definitely helped the acceleration. "Eco" mode shuts the car off at stops which takes some getting used to, but AC and other accessories seem to keep working so no problem there. Also like the interior look and feel. M-B text looks like leather and the stitching in the door panel and seats impressed my wife. Interior lighting layout is nice as well. I liked being able to buy a front drive car from Mercedes instead of all wheel drive for the Chicago winters. Was also looking for a fuel economy improvement over C300 which we got as well. Yes back seat is small but I'm 6ft and can get in and out OK. Not great for cross country but would handle 4 adults for a day trip nicely. Nice size trunk and flexibility of fold down rear seats will help make this a great everyday car once the newness wears off. Since our car was Certified Pre-Owned we received and extra year on the factory warranty and unlimited mileage. Purchased an extra two year warranty for $2450 giving us a total 6.25 years of warranty and unlimited mileage. Hoping I don't need to use any of it but we plan on keeping the car so thought it was good investment long term."

CLA250 on the showroom floor

Great car

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Handling and feel. Steering is solid. Love it."

Cons: "None so far."

"I really enjoy driving the CLA 250 everyday. The car is fun to drive with great handling and nice power. I'm getting 32.5 miles to the gallon in mixed driving. 40 on the highway and around 29 in town driving. The cabin is quiet and comfortable and I get a lot of looks and comments about how people like the design and looks of the car. I would definitely buy this car again, but I plan on keeping it for at least 6 to 7 more years."

So pleased with my MB

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Great price, sporty looks, fun car"

Cons: "small back seat, be careful of signal arms on left"

"I researched this car for a few months and was able to find one local in November 2013. I had dealt with a different dealer online 50 miles away and was going to purchase from him. Just went to 'look' and test drive at my local dealer before I committed. I showed the price to them and since they wanted the local business, they gave me $ 2,000 off the competitors price. Out the door with lots of options and a 4 year paid maintenance for $39,000. Not as zippy as my Lexus IS350, but step on it and in S mode, it moves off the mark. Be careful confusing turn signal arm with cruise control arm, they are close together! Gets lots of looks and sporty comments! Love love love it!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next