2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Great in every way, looks, comfort"

Cons: "You must keep car maintaine, some parts are costly"

"Great to travel on trips."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I bought my 2003 CL500 new. Now its now has has 22,000miles. I love this auto, but I fell in love with its styling first. It looks fabulous and nearly drives itself. However, after 5 years and $70,000 of depreciation, I am ready for something smaller, maybe a 5-series BMW. I have had a 325IS BMW for 21 years. I like the Beemer better and I can't part with her...She is my best and most reliable friend!"

02CL500 Sport Pkg

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"What a shame such a beautiful car is plagued with poor quality and materials. For example - fit and finish of the trunk has never been correct; metal trim on the door doesn't line up; rubber molding around both doors is already torn (my '91 500SL had original rubber molding in perfect condition in 2002). Repairs are out of line - the whole door lock assembly had to be replaced because the plastic piece on it that controls the door pull function cracked. I'm sorry, MB - you messed up on this one. The engine however is a jewel."

Superb car

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I purchased the car new-opted for the CL 55 over the CL600 as I liked the more aggressive sound, style of the AMG plus the steering wheel shifters. Performance, handling, ride, speed, and quality are excellent. Tires go fast even in normal driving-get around 17000 miles on a set-and some electrical problems-voltage regulator went bad, trunk and door closure motor went bad, etc. Nothing that left me stranded and hasn't done anything to dampen my love of this superb car."

By on Monday, March 07, 2011

"I own this car and cant stop driving it!!"

NIGHTMARE

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"The car is great when its not in the shop! I love the style of my cl600 very sporty/classy and an elegant interior. But for the past 2 years it has been in and out of the shop for the same problems! ABC suspension kept giving out then the torsion bar went bad and then the radiator & oil pump cracked. Finally gave up on it and sold it to carmax"

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"My 2006 CL500 is truly a wonderful car – both for local and long road trips. I have driven near cross country and take 250 to 400 mile round trips on a regular basis. It is designed for high speed cruising but can be switched to sports handling on country roads. The handling is solid with good feedback on road conditions, yet a solid sense of control. At speeds of 75 MPH I am able to attain an average of 27 MPG -- city 17. Consider this a highly personal car with room for an occasional passenger. The backseat works for short trips but not to well for tall people – ok for young kids. Unlike my 2000 S sedan, this car has been very reliable with no breakdowns or expensive repairs. Its important to point out that tire life is a serious issue. With normal driving behavior, the rear tires only last 12.500 top’s, the front can go 25,000 miles. Also, beware that wheels are highly susceptible to curve damage. Otherwise, this is great car with better styling than new cars and a long term keeper -- a collector in the making."

There can be only one..the CL65AMG

By on Sunday, September 19, 2010

"I have owned the car since new, it cannot be compared to any of my previous cars...the CL 65 AMG is in a leaque of it's own. The raw power (Kleemann Vmax ECU) is to blame for multiple trade in of 911's, Ferrarri's, etc etc due to them being blown away by a 'standard looking coupe'. All the badges have been removed, so, unless you know what your'e looking at....you'll pay the price. 70,000 miles, track days and lots of fun days...absolutely reliable, supremely comfortable. Best Car ever. But, if you do buy one intend on keeping it...resale value it not the best. Best used car purchase option...40k will get you a reasonable beast...."

Without a doubt, the best Car I've owned.

By on Saturday, March 20, 2010

"My 2006 CL65 AMG, bought from new in Tucson, Az, traded my beloved 96 993 Twin Turbo for the CL...thinking I was going to slow things down....Ha...was I in for a surprise!!!! After breaking her in gently, she has been driven as hard as my driving skills allow, lot's of Track days, amazing handling for a Tank and refuses to let me down, even with all the 'fancies' she has had zero problems, ofcourse she is well looked after, and babied, but I'll never sell her, she's part of me now. A Car that you can do everything in..long range, comfortable cruising to short range mind blowing blasts....I just love eating those Vets in my Pa Pa car..!!!!!!!!! Depreciation doesn't enter into the equation if you never want to get rid of it.....a supercar for life...that's cheap....not too many cars will be built in my life time with the quality and performance to match the CL65 AMG... 75000mls and still perfect, not even a door ding! Get one...you won't regret it!"

land jet

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"There is not a better high performance GT car on earth, there i said it. I deal in highline and exotic cars and this is what i drive so if that is an endorsement in itself. The CL 65 is the most comfortable car that can carry an occasional extra couple to dinner and it's size is perfect for most of us who are pass the raising children age and don't want a mid life crisis ferrari. this car is actually faster then all but a very select few italian sports car and in the meantime carries it's occupants in absolute comfort, and silence. The interior is so well thought out and the seats will be your backs best friend! Oh the engine, when the occasion arise and you need to just pass everyone , and i mean everyone on your side of the freeway, well it just take about 1 to 2 seconds, and some of them will be corvettes, vipers, lamborghini gallardos etc all this in mercedes reliability. Is there anything else you can ask for?"

incredible features

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"This vehicle has so many luxury items as standard that are normally options. Performance is exceptional and ride and comfort are superb."

2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"After a corvette convertible, I was looking for a vehicle that could still perform that had a back seat. I got twice as much as I was looking for. The CL55 AMG 2003 that I own is very incredible. From the heating and cooling seats to the beating I gave a 2008 Corvette that had Temp tags. We started at 80MPH, and by 110 MPH, he was looking at my 4 AMG exhaust pipes. 496 Horses, I love it!!!"

May Have Made A big Mistake in buying this auto

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive,sharp looking,comfortable,very fast"

Cons: "very expencive to maintane"

"I was so excited about finialy being able to get such a highly respected auto.I had always wanted a high end auto,now I am disapointed.My cl-600 has been in the shop more than in my hands.It is a very expencive auto to keep running properly,but when it runs-MAN DOES IT RUN-one of the funnest cars I have driving and I have had some wild cars in my life."

If you want a luxury super car this is it!

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "You have to drive it to appreciate it"

Cons: "Back seat is small does your Ferrari have one"

"Yes up keep is costly all cars like this are, its not a Toyota."

Great car for all kinds of drivers

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"This car has had my attention for years. I love them. Finally bought the CL55 AMG and let me tell you, ive had some nice cars (corvettes, jaguars) this is by far my favorite. The car is stylish, sleek, packed with options that will make you never want to arrive at your destination. The performance is phenominal. Service can be pricey, but thats expected with a car that costs over $100,000 new!!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, December 31, 2010

"Best vehicle I've ever owned. Nice lines, sweet styling and ride. It's a real eye catcher. The only problem is tire wear."

Underapreciated Benz

By on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"I purchased the CL 500 new and am impressed with the quality and performance of this vehicle. After all it is the 2 door version of the S. My only gripe is the hassle getting into the back seats for guests. Older folks have trouble getting in and out of the back seats and forget getting a car seat in and out for the baby. Otherwise, impressive handling (better than my CLK) reasonably fast and very comfortable."

killer performance

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Nicest car i have ever driven. reliable, fun,fast. A real deal used."

Almost perfect

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"This car has the quality and performance to put you back in your seat in total comfort."

Alot of bang for the buck

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"I have owned it for 2+ years and it has been a marriage made in heaven. Great looks. Super comfortable. I can sit for hours inside and enjoy the surround system. Shut the radio, open the windows, put it in first and listen to the wonderful engine note. Did I say it was fast and on one trip I got 29 mpg. Two draw backs, parts are expensive and its depreciation is that of a brick falling. Best to get an extended warranty. The only thing that would be better would be the AMG series."

the best car ever

By on Friday, January 16, 2009

"I own a cl55 amg and it is by far the best car I have owned. I also own a 2005 s600 but for some reason I love driving the cl55 amg a lot more. It drives and handles like a sports car"

A Collector's Classic

By on Monday, July 28, 2008

"This car has been the most comfortable, yet powerful car I have ever owned. Its sleek styling understates the aggressive handling and quiet power it is capable of. The classic body style will make the car a collctor's first choice in the years to come."

This car is the BOMB. CL55

By on Sunday, March 02, 2008

"I have owned new since 2004 and to date have never had any issues mechanically or otherwise. The only bad thing about this car is that it really burns through tires. I am on my 5th set and still can't seem to make them last. My family and I truely feel safe and when I'm alone well, I guess thats when I go through tires. Fantastic car. Can't wait to upgrade to the CL65."

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"IT IS VERY NICE AND CONFORTBALE CAR FAST AN HIGH QUALITY.OVERALL PERFECT"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals