2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Finest car EVER made

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Costly to fix without an extended warranty"

My 2006 CL 600 AMG

"If you own one you will know what IM talking about. This car has every single option available and well worth having. The sytling is timeless and very fun to drive. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. Torque at over 600 just a monster to drive. You must have a deep pocket to keep this car up and make sure you buy it with a warranty or you will be paying for the car twice over. The entire interior is full leather, no plastic or vinyl and has everything except a restroom pan. Besides popping your head back in your seat it will turn heads. Being a hand built car, you can feel the differnce between it and the 500. Nothing to compare, apples to oranges. All around the way to go. Only buy a 2005 or 2006. Anything before is TROUBLE!!!!!!! As far as value goes its fantastic if you buy one used. New its not that smart of a way to go. Have it inspected and buy one that has been had a CPO inspection to make sure you are getting what you pay for. Overall, the car has little to complain about. Only thing is when something breaks it will break the bank. Thankfully I bought an extended warranty so that makes up for any losses made in expeditures.I find black and silver ordinary and everyone has one, buy colors. It will set you apart from the pack"

My 2006 CL 600 AMG

Incredible super car with all the luxury you need.

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"This 2005 CL 65 has been flawless. No real mechanical issues and I push it hard. No one to date has out gunned this car and there have been some strong 200k plus cars go home disappointed. Considering putting the Renn Tech kit on. Recently one turned 10.20 seconds, 139mph quarter mile with the kit. Stock, It still turns 125 in the quarter. Thank you Mercedes."

Greatest ride and driving experience

By on Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pros: "Great highway driving comfort and excellent turing radius for parking"

Cons: "Room in the trunk and back seat. Not much wiggle room in the back seat."

"To evaluate the CL 500 I have compared it to the other Mercedes that I have owned. Mercedes since 1961,great reliable car,perfect body and mechanics for eight years. My 1969 was not great the body rusted out after 5 years. 1974 coupe great driving car but not agile in turns. The E classes were great sedans and were reliable and body work held up and most electrical problems take care of by the factory warranty. My other German car were not a trouble free as the M-B's. This car has over 50,000 miles and I have had only one problem with the SRS system air bag. The other repairs were do to wear, rotors, brakes, and tires. I would move up to a new model but there is no reason to trade the car. My other Mercedes E350 has the same maintenance record, only wearable parts have been replaced. I always preform maintenance recommended by Mercedes with all my cars, learned early on that is the most economical path for all my German cars"

2004 CL 55 AMG

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"I HAVE 2004 MERCEDES CL55 AMG EVRY OPTIN BEST CAR EVER LOVE IT LOVE IT THERE IS NO BETTER CAR OUT THERE FOR ME.. ANYBODY LOOKING FOR FAST SHARP LOOKING CAR CL 55 AMG IS THE CAR ..... I LOVE THE WAY IT HANDALES .. ALOT OF PEOPLE USE TO TELL ME OOO THAT CAR BEAKS A LOT BLAHHH BLAHH NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT AND PLUS IT IS BIG MOTOR IN IT AND IT IS SO GREAT ON GAS ... 493HP 516LB-FT OF TORQUE 0-60 FOOT ET:1.956 FAST AND FUN ....... JAZY"

I will not buy another Mercedes

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I have owned Mercedes Benz since I was 19 years old. I have had 450SLC, 450SL, 380SEC, 500SEL, SL500, CL500 I am done with Mercrdes because of my experience with CL. The car has too many electronic and mechanical problems and is too expensive to fix. What happend to our good old BENZ?"

My Best Mercedes So Far

By on Monday, September 07, 2009

"We were looking for a 2007 E 350 to replace a 1997 E 420. Prices for in-warranty, around 30k miles was in the low 30s. Imagine my surprise when I found I could get a 2006 CL with 25k miles and a year of warranty for $35k! This car is fantastic. It's almost as good as my 5 series BMW in handling, and far superior for a quiet, firm highway ride. These cars cost over $100k new, and are not a small car like a CLK. They are built on the S chassis, but shorter. The trim is even better than the S class, with leather on the dash that the S does not have. The Bose stereo is stunning. The seats surround you and are aircondiditoned. Every 2006 is a sport model, with AMG wheels & trim, and the 2 modes "sport & comfort" from the console. The Acitve Body Control ABC adjusts while moving to keep the car balanced. While some say this can be a maintenance problem, I believe it's been corrected since the early 2000 models. I also have a 129 Mercedes 500SL, and my dream car is a 2005-6 SL55AMG, which is among the last mega-horsepower, supercharged cars that we'll see as we may go back to the 70s in terms of auto excitement."

Amazing Car

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "great price and amazing to drive"

Cons: "back seat is tight but it is not a caravan car"

"It purrs when you drive it, and after you close the door it is like a tank, you can not hear anything of the ride/road. It feel extremely safe and secure and is such a smooth ride, plus great pick-up. Very very enjoyable to drive. Turning radius and handling very tight and seamless. Back seat does not have much room, but for the rest, is a wonderful car."

loved this car

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"i had the pleasure of owning a 2002 mercedes cl 500 absolutely loved the way it handled and rode , went on several trips and was not tired upon arrival, never used the navagiation system , but i think it would of been helpful, loved the styling. it was noticed where ever you went a beautiful machine ,alot of power. only fault i had with the car expensive to maintain, and it uses only premium gas, hated to part with the car but health issues ,early retirement required me to part with my cl 500. my husband bought this for me as a gift i had the pleasure of driving it for over 1 year, sure couldn't of afforded it new. if you can find a used one i would recommend you buy it you won't regret it. average 26 mpg on the intersate"

Bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I bought my fully optioned CL600 sport in JAN 05 and have completely enjoyed the car. Due to it's rarity it still looks fresh and the technology is still current despite the fact the car is a 2002. Considering what other $130k+ V12s cost (Ferrari, Bentley) on the used market the CL600 is a bargain due to it's excessive depreciation. Repairs are pricey - I paid $500 for the water pump (part only) so don't confuse cost of ownership with cost of a heavily discounted car - it is and was made for someone who could afford a $130k car."

repair hog

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "smooth fast great style"

Cons: "eats gas, eats tires, everything is expensive"

"wait until the abc suspension acts up!!!"

best purchase I've ever made

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "a blast to drive,lots of luxury features"

Cons: "expensive tires,avg mpg cty is about 9 1/2-10 1/2"

"I've owned this car for nearly a year now and i couldn't be happier.it's unbelievably fast,very reliable and comfortable. the stereo is quite good as well. all that being said i can race and beat nearly anything I come up to. i raced and beat a brand new mustang gt500 without any problems and i had three other people in the car with me too!"

nice looking car

By on Saturday, April 25, 2009

"seems to need a lot of repairs as it ages, all little things, but expensive."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"I have owned Mercedes Benz since 1987, switching from BMW 7 series. I have always loved the S class, but seeking something sportier, chose the CL600 in 2005. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. The 12 cylinder turbo-charged engine is smoother than glass. It has enough torque to push you back in your seat when you depress the accelerator, yet it glides down freeways effortlessly getting 21mpg. Smart, functional and beautiful. It is the ultimate in automotive experience."

My CL AMG

By on Thursday, October 21, 2010

"For anyone who owns a MB AMG vehicle I am sure they can all attest to the degree of difference it is between any other muscle car, when you add quality and luxory to a flagship vehicle such as this. If you ahve the means, i think you are selling yourself short if you do not go for the experience."

Fast & Furious

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"My 2003 CL-55 is one of the fastest and most luxury orientated vehicles I have owned. I have had Jaguar, other Mercedes (SL-500), Acura NSX and Vipers (did I mention Porsche? This car tops them all for luxury when you want it and all out speed when you feel the need. Expensive to repair but a bargain if you can find a used low mile 2003 or newer (don't buy an 2002 or older). Good luck and enjoy!!!!!"

cl 500

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"beautiful car very expensive to fix at the deale,r great handling, excellent ride, loved the styling but maintance is extremely expensive"

2005 CL600 - AMG Sport Package

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Although the entry price ($137k+) allows you to consider many other vehicles, the CL was the obvious choice for me. I did not find another vehicle that offered such an athletic nature with such over the top luxury. The bi-turbo V12 engine could power an American Airlines flight and offers constant amusement at speed while also offering a very refined experience. Everything in the interior is covered in either Burlwood or Napa leather (entire dash, etc) and carries a strong design concept throughout. Mercedes has always done the 'big coupe' very well and this is no substitute. As the normal used car depreciation takes it's toll on this model, it should represent an excellent value and offer buyers a phenomenal opportunity to pick up a car that was previously too expensive. Treat yourself, it will be worth it."

Top of The LINE

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I have had this car ever since 15 miles on the odometer. I payed 140,000 and it was the best 140k i ever spent!! Nothing compares v12 biturbo It costs to be the boss. keep up with the tune ups etc... Sometime it can be frustrating but my ferrari is just as complicated. 5 star vehicle maybach quality for .5 the price believe me my car collection is extensive. bentley's(only v12), rolls(only v12), rarri(only v12), benzo(only v12) Mercedes v12 bitubo one of my fav. take it from me. U want a sports luxury car, this defines that. I recently smoked a DB9 with this car recently just FYI"

Very overpriced

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"My 2001 CL500 is a beautiful car with a great ride. However, it is very overpriced relative to the alternatives. The back seats have surprisingly poor leg room - I'm only 5' 11" yet have to scoot up my driver's seat to accommodate somebody of my height in the back. Lots of little things (ignition switch, trunk release, ABC system) have gone wrong in only 68000 miles and NOTHING costs less than $2000 to fix. Mercedes parts costs are absolutely abusive. I fell in love with the looks and ride of this car but now I've "gotten it out of my system," I would never buy another one."

2005 CL 55 AMG Designo

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Style, luxury performance vale for money"

Cons: "none so far....."

"This is my 3rd AMG and my 7th Mercedes. It is by far the best of the batch so far. Uncompromising, intoxicating performance is the only way to describe it. If you want performance this is it. The key to any super car purchase is to get ANY used car inspected by a Mercedes dealer before purchase, it is money well spent. I paid out about $1000.00 to various dealers before purchasing my CL. All used cars have issues but if one is properly maintained and serviced it should give years of satisfaction. I have heard the complainers stories about the ABC system for example and in most cases they have not followed factory service and maintenance (IE the reservoir on the system has a low and high mark, the low mark is the fluid level WITH THE ENGINE OFF the high mark IS WITH THE ENGINE ON. Over fill this system and it will fail!) just take it to Mercedes and have it serviced as needed! It is probably wise to avoid "boy racer" or modified cars as this car needs NO additions (except maybe paddle shifters instead of buttons)"

Best car ever owned and will buy MB again

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Smoothest, quietest ride I've ever had"

"Have had GM camaro, Ford trucks, Datsun/Nissan 240/280, and none compare to the quality, comfort, and reliability of this car. Pricey Yes, but will last 2 generations if well taken care of. Oil changes every 13,000 miles under warranty by MB with Mobil 1 oil and Mobil 1 filter"

Ultra Luxury Super Car and a work of art to boot.

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Ultra-luxury @ one sixth the original price."

Cons: "Loves super-unleaded petrol and I mean loves!"

"This is one of the most elegant and well crafted super luxury cars ever made. Yes the car is fast and the coupe body is one of the sexiest on the road, but the interior of the vehicle is a sumptuous cavern of ultra high end leather, wood, alcantara, and other luxurious materials. Everything just looks good, smells good, and feels good in the cockpit of this super Mercedes V12 Bi-turbo rocket. Only buy one that has verifiable maintenance documentation."

Best car I have owned

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

"Perfect combination of performance and luxury. The power is breathtaking and the options and features just make this car such a pleasure to drive. It blows your socks off, then, neatly folds them and puts them away in your sock drawer."

Luxury super car

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "Fast, powerful, and luxurious"

Cons: "May be too much car for the those not familiar"

"They only imported 52 of these cars in the 2006 model of the CL65...THEY ARE VERY RARE.The 6 liter V-12 engine is the same one used in the $300,000 Maybach. Excellence is the key everywhere in this car. What other car has a suede leather headliner?"

Good Car Fast

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Great Car fun to drive"

Cons: "You need to no this car and, or how to maintian!"

"This is a great car with a few issues! Passenger window cracked glass interior panel need re attaching No CD player ABC Pump new! ABC line needs to be tightened or replaced. Needs TLC SOLD AS IS. Need to no this Car if interested in Buying!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals