• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Incredible super car with all the luxury you need.

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"This 2005 CL 65 has been flawless. No real mechanical issues and I push it hard. No one to date has out gunned this car and there have been some strong 200k plus cars go home disappointed. Considering putting the Renn Tech kit on. Recently one turned 10.20 seconds, 139mph quarter mile with the kit. Stock, It still turns 125 in the quarter. Thank you Mercedes."

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Great in every way, looks, comfort"

Cons: "You must keep car maintaine, some parts are costly"

"Great to travel on trips."

Finest car EVER made

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Costly to fix without an extended warranty"

My 2006 CL 600 AMG

"If you own one you will know what IM talking about. This car has every single option available and well worth having. The sytling is timeless and very fun to drive. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. Torque at over 600 just a monster to drive. You must have a deep pocket to keep this car up and make sure you buy it with a warranty or you will be paying for the car twice over. The entire interior is full leather, no plastic or vinyl and has everything except a restroom pan. Besides popping your head back in your seat it will turn heads. Being a hand built car, you can feel the differnce between it and the 500. Nothing to compare, apples to oranges. All around the way to go. Only buy a 2005 or 2006. Anything before is TROUBLE!!!!!!! As far as value goes its fantastic if you buy one used. New its not that smart of a way to go. Have it inspected and buy one that has been had a CPO inspection to make sure you are getting what you pay for. Overall, the car has little to complain about. Only thing is when something breaks it will break the bank. Thankfully I bought an extended warranty so that makes up for any losses made in expeditures.I find black and silver ordinary and everyone has one, buy colors. It will set you apart from the pack"

My 2006 CL 600 AMG

If you want a luxury super car this is it!

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "You have to drive it to appreciate it"

Cons: "Back seat is small does your Ferrari have one"

"Yes up keep is costly all cars like this are, its not a Toyota."

repair hog

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "smooth fast great style"

Cons: "eats gas, eats tires, everything is expensive"

"wait until the abc suspension acts up!!!"

Amazing Car

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "great price and amazing to drive"

Cons: "back seat is tight but it is not a caravan car"

"It purrs when you drive it, and after you close the door it is like a tank, you can not hear anything of the ride/road. It feel extremely safe and secure and is such a smooth ride, plus great pick-up. Very very enjoyable to drive. Turning radius and handling very tight and seamless. Back seat does not have much room, but for the rest, is a wonderful car."

Top of The LINE

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I have had this car ever since 15 miles on the odometer. I payed 140,000 and it was the best 140k i ever spent!! Nothing compares v12 biturbo It costs to be the boss. keep up with the tune ups etc... Sometime it can be frustrating but my ferrari is just as complicated. 5 star vehicle maybach quality for .5 the price believe me my car collection is extensive. bentley's(only v12), rolls(only v12), rarri(only v12), benzo(only v12) Mercedes v12 bitubo one of my fav. take it from me. U want a sports luxury car, this defines that. I recently smoked a DB9 with this car recently just FYI"

Greatest ride and driving experience

By on Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pros: "Great highway driving comfort and excellent turing radius for parking"

Cons: "Room in the trunk and back seat. Not much wiggle room in the back seat."

"To evaluate the CL 500 I have compared it to the other Mercedes that I have owned. Mercedes since 1961,great reliable car,perfect body and mechanics for eight years. My 1969 was not great the body rusted out after 5 years. 1974 coupe great driving car but not agile in turns. The E classes were great sedans and were reliable and body work held up and most electrical problems take care of by the factory warranty. My other German car were not a trouble free as the M-B's. This car has over 50,000 miles and I have had only one problem with the SRS system air bag. The other repairs were do to wear, rotors, brakes, and tires. I would move up to a new model but there is no reason to trade the car. My other Mercedes E350 has the same maintenance record, only wearable parts have been replaced. I always preform maintenance recommended by Mercedes with all my cars, learned early on that is the most economical path for all my German cars"

By on Monday, May 02, 2011

Very overpriced

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"My 2001 CL500 is a beautiful car with a great ride. However, it is very overpriced relative to the alternatives. The back seats have surprisingly poor leg room - I'm only 5' 11" yet have to scoot up my driver's seat to accommodate somebody of my height in the back. Lots of little things (ignition switch, trunk release, ABC system) have gone wrong in only 68000 miles and NOTHING costs less than $2000 to fix. Mercedes parts costs are absolutely abusive. I fell in love with the looks and ride of this car but now I've "gotten it out of my system," I would never buy another one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals